17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi I would like to know if someone can help me and tell me how much is exactly the correct values that I have to pay for my AOS forms, I came to US with K1 visa and now I am applying for AOS but my package come back twice and in my notice of action they said I didnt payed the correct fees, I sent a check of $1225 dollars and also called to USCIS and they said this value was correct, ( I apply for I485 I765 I131), so I am lost cause I dont know what I am doing wrong :(

$1225 is correct. post the rejected notice word by word so we know what they are saying. there is a good percentage chance that the people  in the lockbox office just rejected it for no reasons . it happens 

Edited by James120383

duh

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Michella&Lucio said:

Hi I would like to know if someone can help me and tell me how much is exactly the correct values that I have to pay for my AOS forms, I came to US with K1 visa and now I am applying for AOS but my package come back twice and in my notice of action they said I didnt payed the correct fees, I sent a check of $1225 dollars and also called to USCIS and they said this value was correct, ( I apply for I485 I765 I131), so I am lost cause I dont know what I am doing wrong :(

1. What did you answer on Part 2, question 2?

2. What category did you choose for EAD?

3. Since you already have the rejection, I assume you filed before July 29th, did you send the I-944 (it was required before that).

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

1. What did you answer on Part 2, question 2?

2. What category did you choose for EAD?

3. Since you already have the rejection, I assume you filed before July 29th, did you send the I-944 (it was required before that).

I choose the family based imigration category a6 for my EAD and yes I sent the I944 form (but is not necessary anymore since last week but I sent) I filled for my AOS in june .

Timeline
43 minutes ago, James120383 said:

$1225 is correct. post the rejected notice word by word so we know what they are saying. there is a good percentage chance that the people  in the lockbox office just rejected it for no reasons . it happens 

Sorry but it doenst make sense as long I am married with an american citizen I have my rights to apply for my AOS, so if they reject my case probably something is wrong and I guess may be the value of the fees so I would like to know if it change already and now we have to pay for EAD and Advance Parole and if the I485 change the values of the fee.

Edited by Michella&Lucio

6 minutes ago, Michella&Lucio said:

I choose the family based imigration category a6 for my EAD and yes I sent the I944 form (but is not necessary anymore since last week but I sent) I filled for my AOS in june .

that is incorrect. it should be c9.  so yeah your petition was rejected correctly as you filed in the wrong category 

Edited by James120383

duh

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Michella&Lucio said:

That could explain the rejection.

EAD category is C9, which is free with AOS.

Since you chose A6, there should have a payment with it, explaining why the total fee was incorrect.

Edited by Ayrton

Timeline
1 minute ago, James120383 said:

that is incorrect. it should be c9. 

thank you for your answer but now I am confuse cause in my notice of action the USCIS mentioned my category is a6.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

That could explain the rejection.

EAD category is C9, which is free with AOS.

Since you chose A6, there should have a payment with it, explaining why the total fee was incorrect.

oh I see I thought the category for k1 was a6

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Michella&Lucio said:

oh I see I thought the category for k1 was a6

A6 is for K1 when you apply while your I-94 is still valid, and the EAD expires when the I-94 expires. So it's worthless.

C9 is the EAD for a pending AOS.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, James120383 said:

that is incorrect. it should be c9.  so yeah your petition was rejected correctly as you filed in the wrong category 

thank you so much and for the advance parole wich category should be? permanent or condition residence? this option show me I should pay for advance parole as I saw at the USCIS calculator

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.