TVC

Case Refused due to outdated Cenomar

42 posts in this topic

We just had our interview. The CEMAR we submitted was from 2018. Now our case is refused until we send a new CEMAR. They didnt even keep the passports. It's a real bummer. 

If you have a spousal interview in Manila make sure to have a recent CEMAR even though the website gives no timeframe on when its valid.

The online site says 3 weeks due to covid to issue the CEMAR. Then time to send it and time for processing. This probably set us back at least 6 weeks.

41 minutes ago, TVC said:

We just had our interview. The CEMAR we submitted was from 2018. Now our case is refused until we send a new CEMAR. They didnt even keep the passports. It's a real bummer. 

If you have a spousal interview in Manila make sure to have a recent CEMAR even though the website gives no timeframe on when its valid.

The online site says 3 weeks due to covid to issue the CEMAR. Then time to send it and time for processing. This probably set us back at least 6 weeks.

2018 is quite old but did the embassy give you an indication of how old it can be? I would think maybe 6 months or so but have no idea. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, TVC said:

The CEMAR is marked good for one year by PSA, the embassy tends to like them to be less than 6 months old.

It is normal to return the passport with the 221g request.    

Follow the instructions from the embassy, they will request the passport at a later point

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 hours ago, TVC said:

Sorry to hear...know dealing with this process is a pain. We are trying to make sure all is set with my wife's interview no, her replacement docs already at the 6 month mark

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance's interview was in March, and she got 221(g). Her NBI clearance was just over 6 months old. Finally, 5 months later, her CEAC went from Refused to AP. Fortunately it looks like the 1 month extension on the medical with cover this. Hopefully yours will go much faster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, TVC said:

Are they interviewing K1 or you had an expedited interview?

From my reading the processing time should be anywhere from 2 days to 1 year but probably about a month.

I'm really sad about this. I can't believe we've come this far only to make a mistake on the interview. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 hours ago, TVC said:

@Hank_

They asked us to return the passports with the CEMAR. How long would you guess this is going to take?

And yes it was an expedited IR1 interview.

Thought they would ask for it with the CEMAR, but never know during these crazy times.

Good question.  With the beer virus BS it is hard to say when the visa will be issued/released.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Forums user @Crb1 was missing the exact same document. The case was refused like ours. They submitted the document with the 221g on Tuesday. Today the visa status changed to issued!

Congrats @Crb1

My 6yo asks my wife everyday if they are going to the USA today. Today when they delivered the CEMAR he said "Mama is that the plane ticket?!" She told him no we have to wait for the visa. Haha 

2 hours ago, TVC said:

My 6yo asks my wife everyday if they are going to the USA today. Today when they delivered the CEMAR he said "Mama is that the plane ticket?!" She told him no we have to wait for the visa. Haha 

I will be ordering CEMAR for my wife and I and have it sent to her house in Philippines. How long did it take for her to get it. I am hoping she should have her interview within a year But who knows with all of the delays due to Covid.

4 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

I will be ordering CEMAR for my wife and I and have it sent to her house in Philippines. How long did it take for her to get it. I am hoping she should have her interview within a year But who knows with all of the delays due to Covid.

Only took 5 days.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 hours ago, TVC said:

Forums user @Crb1 was missing the exact same document. The case was refused like ours. They submitted the document with the 221g on Tuesday. Today the visa status changed to issued!

Congrats @Crb1

My fiance's status also changed to issued on Friday, and her daughter's changed to AP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.