andy-summer

6 months after our denial...

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi VJ'ers...

I have been avoiding this site for several months. It was just too painful to go here after my Husband's denial last December 8th, 2006. When we were in the Visa phase throughout the entire year of 2006, I came to this site 5-10 times a day. Waiting for help and learning my options, checking our case status, etc. :wacko: Most of you know exactly what kind of anxiety and excitement we go through.

I went back to my last post and read each and everyone of your comments to us... and I need to thank you for your kind words. I have cried buckets of tears :crying: in the last six months. But today my tears are from feeling so much compassion and care from so many "strangers". You are all the best strangers I have ever known. (F)

*Update* I am still in the States, and Andrew is in Scotland. We continue to stay in communication via msn messenger video, 24/7. We have overcome alot of issues, even maturing in areas we didn't know needed maturing. We have had our ups and downs like any other married couple. :thumbs: Infact... I believe we are becoming closer and stronger despite our separation.

I am taking the children to Scotland on July 21st, 2007 for a two week stay. It has been six months since I have been in my hubby's arms and I am so excited about our vacation together. Over the months, I have put to use so many of your comments. Like, "Trusting that God knows what's best for us", "Never give up!", "He is my husband and I am his wife and this is our life.", "Decide you want something more than you are afraid of it".

So, God bless you all... and please keep us in your prayers. (L)

CR-1 Visa

I-130:

Feb 1-Filed & sent I-130

Feb 8-Received @ Nebraska

Feb 16-NOA1

May 1-NOA2

NVC:

May-30 Case # assigned

Jun-12 Received DS-3032 & I-864 AOS Fee Bill in mail

Jun-13 Mailed AOS Fee Bill MO to NVC

Jun-13 Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

Jun-14 AOS Fee Bill signed for & received by NVC

Jun-15 Email for DS-3032 received & accepted by NVC

Jun-29 IV Fee Bill arrived in mail

Jun-30 Mailed MO IV Fee Bill

Jul 1-IV Fee Bill next day received & signed

Jul 5-Received I-864 Form in mail

Jul 10-1st RFE received via email

Jul 13-2nd RFE arrived in mail

Jul 14-2nd RFE filed & returned

July 15-2nd RFE signed for & received by NVC

Aug 3-NOA 2 Approval via mail

Aug 14-Mailed I-864 to NVC

Aug 17-Mailed DS-230 to NVC

Sept 12-Case Complete!

Embassy:

Nov 1-Andrew rec pkt 4

Nov 6-Andrew has medical in London

Dec 8-Interview-denied with no option to waiver, and permanent ban.

Dec 10-Hired Immigration Attorney Laurel Scott

-Filed Appeal (MTR)

-Embassy ignores us

-Contacting State Senator for help

Aug MTR granted!

Aug 16-Andrew rec I-601 waiver packet in mail!!

August 2009 Complete DENIAL!

10-29-10 Divorce complete!

Filed: Timeline

andy-summer,

Have you been able to find an immigration attorney to review your case?

Yodrak

Hi VJ'ers...

I have been avoiding this site for several months. It was just too painful to go here after my Husband's denial last December 8th, 2006. When we were in the Visa phase throughout the entire year of 2006, I came to this site 5-10 times a day. Waiting for help and learning my options, checking our case status, etc. :wacko: Most of you know exactly what kind of anxiety and excitement we go through.

I went back to my last post and read each and everyone of your comments to us... and I need to thank you for your kind words. I have cried buckets of tears :crying: in the last six months. But today my tears are from feeling so much compassion and care from so many "strangers". You are all the best strangers I have ever known. (F)

*Update* I am still in the States, and Andrew is in Scotland. We continue to stay in communication via msn messenger video, 24/7. We have overcome alot of issues, even maturing in areas we didn't know needed maturing. We have had our ups and downs like any other married couple. :thumbs: Infact... I believe we are becoming closer and stronger despite our separation.

I am taking the children to Scotland on July 21st, 2007 for a two week stay. It has been six months since I have been in my hubby's arms and I am so excited about our vacation together. Over the months, I have put to use so many of your comments. Like, "Trusting that God knows what's best for us", "Never give up!", "He is my husband and I am his wife and this is our life.", "Decide you want something more than you are afraid of it".

I am really sorry to hear that your case was denied. Can you do anything else for visa approval? Have you contacted your senators, Congressman? Have you consulted any immigration attorney?What are the reasons they showed for the denial? I really hope that your husband gets the visa.

Hi VJ'ers...

Edited by simple_male

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Timeline
andy-summer,

Yodrak

Hi VJ'ers...

Yes, we hired Laurel Scott, the 4th lawyer we interviewed and compared qualifications and price.

CR-1 Visa

I-130:

Feb 1-Filed & sent I-130

Feb 16-NOA1

May 1-NOA2

NVC:

May-30 Case # assigned

Sept 12-Case Complete!

Embassy:

Nov 1-Andrew rec pkt 4

-Filed Appeal (MTR)

-Embassy ignores us

Aug MTR granted!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Summer, you actually came across my thoughts the other day. I was wondering how you two were doing. It's good to see your post.

Oddly enough, I too thought of you guys about two days ago.

Hopefully a lawyer will resolve whatever issues are going on with your case and someday you two can lead a life together here in the states.

You are still in our thoughts! Have a safe and wonderful visit with your husband!

Bethanie

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Enjoy your visit and remember not to spend that time reliving the denial, there will be other times for that. This time is to enjoy and heal. Good luck with the attorney, I hope that he can resolve the issues.

No longer in the hands of the USCIS, for my wife at least, next up MIL.

Hi both of you. :D

Nice to see you again.

I remember exactly your denial in december. We went through I-601 too and a very tough situation.

Hope so much that your appeal will be succesful.

Much good luck to you.

Anette

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

03-07-07 Anette arrived in San Diego on a K-1 Visa

04-04-07 Married in Las Vegas

lovebirds.gif

AOS

06-01-07 Mailed AOS/AP to NBC

06-12-07 Recieved NOA by mail for AOS

07-10-07 Biometric appointment for AOS

08-03-07 AOS touched after they recieved RFE

08-14-07 Approval notice on AP is sent

08-18-07 Approval notice on AP recieved

09-07-07 Recieved Interview date by mail

10-23-07 AOS Interview / Approved

10-24-07 Card production ordered

10-29-07 Welcome Letter recieved

11-02-07 Greencard recieved

Remove Condition

08-05-09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

08-10-09 NOA1 Receipt date

08-15-09 Recieved NOA1 by mail

08-20-09 Recieved BIO date by mail

09-04-09 Biometric Appointment

09-08-09 Touch

11-25-09 Card production ordered

12-03-09 Approval Letter recieved

12-04-09 Greencard recieved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

A life time ban?

Just wondered why, could not see the reason mentioned in your posts.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

andy-summer,

A good choice, from what I understand. I hope she can work it out for you.

Yodrak

andy-summer,

Yodrak

Hi VJ'ers...

Yes, we hired Laurel Scott, the 4th lawyer we interviewed and compared qualifications and price.

hi V

VJ'ers....

Hope u dont mind ,, what is the reason why ur husband denial... please consult immigrant lawyer that way ...

jarl

Hi VJ'ers...

04/08/2013 received NOA1 1-130 FOR PARENT

????????

Timeline
To protect my Husband and our privacy I can not state the reason for denial.

Enough said.

Thanks Bethanie for reposting our comment. It still stands true today.

Though at the same time, I know most VJ'ers want to know the cause in order to help give us some direction, or they want to compare their situation with ours in fear of the same dreaded outcome, and I appreciate that. We are doing our best to use our time wisely and keep in contact with the lawyer, and follow her advice.

I have hope, even though I don't know what the future holds for us. I just know we will be together someday. (F)

CR-1 Visa

I-130:

Feb 1-Filed & sent I-130

Feb 16-NOA1

May 1-NOA2

NVC:

May-30 Case # assigned

Sept 12-Case Complete!

Embassy:

Nov 1-Andrew rec pkt 4

-Filed Appeal (MTR)

-Embassy ignores us

Aug MTR granted!

I was wondering about you guys! Good to hear from you, and good to hear you will visit Scotland soon. I remember your case and cried with you after denial. I was wondering what happened since and if there are any other ways to get through the whole ban thing. Thoughts of moving to Scotland? Sending you all the best vibes.

Peace, L.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.