Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Arsalan111 said:

Would you like to share more details as when did you received your NOA2 and how long it too from NVc to embassy?

i am also K1 visa applicant 

hey, I received my NOA2 in March 2020 right before the embassies closed. and it took more then a year to Embassy from NVC

Just now, Amhish said:

hey, I received my NOA2 in March 2020 right before the embassies closed. and it took more then a year to Embassy from NVC

Looks like in 2021 they have gained the speed and are picking up cases. I was going through the visa journey timelines of Consulate receive and it looks promising. Although, i really can’t find anything regarding K1 visa applicants in Pakistan. No information or any news whether they are taking K1 interviews now regularly. I suppose there shouldn’t be huge backlogs for Pakistan when it comes to K1 as it’s not popular visa here unlike Philippines where they get hundreds upon hundreds in just one month. 

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Arsalan111 said:

Looks like in 2021 they have gained the speed and are picking up cases. I was going through the visa journey timelines of Consulate receive and it looks promising. Although, i really can’t find anything regarding K1 visa applicants in Pakistan. No information or any news whether they are taking K1 interviews now regularly. I suppose there shouldn’t be huge backlogs for Pakistan when it comes to K1 as it’s not popular visa here unlike Philippines where they get hundreds upon hundreds in just one month. 

Yes, that is true.. i have 1 or may be 2 persons who have k1 visa with me... i do hope you all get approve in the shortest time.. InShAllah

Timeline
On 5/4/2021 at 11:40 PM, Arsalan111 said:

InshAllah

Hi, would you like to share, when did you receive your noa2 and if you case is at NVC or moved to the embassy? 

Also, does anyone know if lockdown effects the embassy?

On 5/7/2021 at 3:13 PM, Shaz1 said:

Hi, would you like to share, when did you receive your noa2 and if you case is at NVC or moved to the embassy? 

Also, does anyone know if lockdown effects the embassy?

I have not received any NOA2 and it’s been 6 months. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.