Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

Hey my visa catagory k1 & my interview appointment September 16 slamabad Pakistan. Before interview I submit form i-134 W2 Tex return evidence last 3 year. Bank statement $25500. Then my interview start CO question about my fiance I reply answer. Then CO give me 221G pepper and he say you need to joint sponsor form i864 & IRS Tex individual get-transcipt. After interview my status showing Refused..i submit that decoment October 10.2021 .then I checked my NVC stuats October 15 my last date update at NVc Case.  Then 18 October then October 27 update my last update date. So that means someone work on it my case and review documents ??you have idea how many days required for review documents  ??? my passport hold on embassy after interview..

5 hours ago, faisal shah said:

Hey my visa catagory k1 & my interview appointment September 16 slamabad Pakistan. Before interview I submit form i-134 W2 Tex return evidence last 3 year. Bank statement $25500. Then my interview start CO question about my fiance I reply answer. Then CO give me 221G pepper and he say you need to joint sponsor form i864 & IRS Tex individual get-transcipt. After interview my status showing Refused..i submit that decoment October 10.2021 .then I checked my NVC stuats October 15 my last date update at NVc Case.  Then 18 October then October 27 update my last update date. So that means someone work on it my case and review documents ??you have idea how many days required for review documents  ??? my passport hold on embassy after interview..

I think I saw somewhere here or on the Facebook page that current wait time is 3 months at the US embassy. If they are actively working on your case then you should receive an answer soon.

Hello,

I know it’ll be a long time for my wife interview since we are waiting for them to review our documents at nvc

but I have a question, what original documents should my wife take with her to Islamabad embassy ? From my side and her side? I want to prepare ahead of time so we have no issue when the time comes for interview. And still waiting for my case to be reviewed for expedite as well. 

thanks for any help. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Buttercookie said:

@zellahy@aishaTayyab

Do you guys knows the latest IL's that have been already sent out? Last I heard was Sept 22 but that was a while back.

People with DQ upto 16 October have gotten their ILs as far as I know
Edited by zellahy
typo

Timeline
On 11/3/2021 at 9:42 PM, Bob.94 said:

Hey all, couple of questions:

1. In how long do you get your passports after the Interview?

2. In how many days do you have to travel after receiving your passports?

1. Depending on your location, you can get the passport in 1-4 days. I know people in Islamabad can pick up their passports the same day that the visa is issued.

2. As long as your medical is not expired, you can travel as in if 1 month is left in expiration of medical then you'll have to travel before that 1 month is over.

On 11/2/2021 at 12:51 AM, SaifRehman said:

do u guys have idea for my parents interview at Islamabad embassy after nov 2021 DQ??how long its gonna take im so frustrated😞😞😞😞😞

What visa type is it? Probably a year or 2 depending on your visa type...

Timeline
On 11/2/2021 at 6:18 AM, Machinecorpse62 said:

Hello,

I know it’ll be a long time for my wife interview since we are waiting for them to review our documents at nvc

but I have a question, what original documents should my wife take with her to Islamabad embassy ? From my side and her side? I want to prepare ahead of time so we have no issue when the time comes for interview. And still waiting for my case to be reviewed for expedite as well. 

thanks for any help. 

Everything that you have submitted in civil documents like marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc. She should have updated I864 form/s and 2020 tax return transcripts, w2s & form 1099, proof of domicile. Passport sized photographs. Photographs together for relationship proof.  Copy of ID card as they ask for it at the check in counter before you can buy shuttle ticket. Other than that a lot of people get sent to AP so if you want to you can either submit form DS5535 or have your wife take it with you. This is your choice really.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.