Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, aishaTayyab said:

We’re they expedited? That’s good news tho.. the guy who spoke on the phone when I called the embassy, said they’re “partially” operational so I guess that means they’re not doing a lot of interviews but they’re still doing some.. my assumption is that it’s because of the smart lockdown happening in Pakistan right now.. I’m in Lahore at the moment with my husband so yeah it’s frustrating in every way possible..🙄

No I was not expedited. I got it in the normal queue

2 hours ago, Haris Sheikh said:

They are not allowed to pass on the information about interviews at all. They can only tell you that is embassy open or not.. Rest they can not tell you anything unless you case is at the embassy. This rule is for all the embassies in the world.

No one can tell you this. They only thing  you can refer to is official website of vnc

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html 

I didn’t ask about the interviews. I asked if the embassy is open or if it’s closed because of the covid lockdown. And he replied with something completely irrelevant. Congrats on your letter. GoodLuck!

7 hours ago, AM Abbas said:

Was that before Covid?

And now they have scheduled till June 18th so most likely they will send out letters next month from June 19th.

This was until 2 months ago when they were scheduling IR1/CR1 interviews after the embassy opened back up. Now apparently they’re working on every visa category so it’s slower. Hopefully they’ll pick up the pace next month!

13 hours ago, Haris Sheikh said:

There is no lockdown and Embassy is still working. 
I got my interview letter on Tuesday April 20th. My DQ date is June 18th, 2020.

As the ban is lifted from many other IV categories, They are working on them too. They haven't sent any IR1/CR1 letters last month and very few this month. They are catching up with other IV categories.

Even though they scheduled less IR1/CR1 this time, but the dates of interview are in the end of May. Which explain that they have been working on other categories as well.

I know a family personally, they received interview letter last month for the VISA class IR5. Their interview has been done and visa has been approved yesterday.   

I know its already a long wait and is not easy. But have faith in Allah and do not loose hope. He has the best of plans for you. 

Alhumdulillah. Congrats bro. Pray for rest of us...

*** One hijacking post removed.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello, I recently got my interview confirmation letter and now booking for medical. The clinic asked me to submit some documents to them before booking and one of them is K-Confirmation Page. I am confused which one is this? Is this the NOA 2? 

With that they have asked for DS-160 Form confirmation page and Interview Confirmation letter. Can someone confirm me please? 

P.S. My visa type is K1 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi VJ Friends,

How long is it taking these days for a embassy to schedule an interview? My Mom was Dq'd in march 2021 yet i'm still waiting for her interview. is there a way to know how long it takes for interviews?

Thanks,

On 5/2/2021 at 8:26 PM, imijourney said:

Hi VJ Friends,

How long is it taking these days for a embassy to schedule an interview? My Mom was Dq'd in march 2021 yet i'm still waiting for her interview. is there a way to know how long it takes for interviews?

Thanks,

Sir you should just sit back and relax! June 2020 DQ’s are currently waiting for their interviews. If the embassy keeps working at this pace, it’ll be a year until your mother gets her interview letter. Ugh! Hoping for a miracle!

On 5/2/2021 at 9:51 AM, Amhish said:

Hello, I recently got my interview confirmation letter and now booking for medical. The clinic asked me to submit some documents to them before booking and one of them is K-Confirmation Page. I am confused which one is this? Is this the NOA 2? 

With that they have asked for DS-160 Form confirmation page and Interview Confirmation letter. Can someone confirm me please? 

P.S. My visa type is K1 

Not sure but it sounds like it’s the letter where they approved your K-1 visa for consular processing. 

Edited by aishaTayyab

On 5/2/2021 at 9:51 AM, Amhish said:

P.S. My visa type is K1 

Would you like to share more details as when did you received your NOA2 and how long it too from NVc to embassy?

i am also K1 visa applicant 

On 5/2/2021 at 10:26 AM, imijourney said:

Hi VJ Friends,

Thanks,

Hi, long wait ahead and patience is the key, my kids F2A DQed 8/11/2020. Islamabad Embassy was just picking some pace and here comes that so called 3rd wave and Damn Smart lock down ( if any exist). So may Allah shower all of us with blessings in this Holy Month. Prayers are the keys now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.