Ash zaheer

US consulate Islamabad reopening

3,012 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, sarah6 said:

Hey you said that the security asked your husband for marriage certificate. So they asked for original nadra marriage certificate or original urdu nikah nama? 

And did interviewer asked anyone for original nadra marriage certificate and original english translation? 

You will need to bring originals of both to the interview.

You should bring originals of all civil docs that were previously submitted.  

On 1/29/2021 at 9:37 AM, Joppike said:

They will send out interviews on or around Feb 16th. Honestly I think we will see a substantial movement in the backlogs. I’m expecting all of May DQs through mid June. You should expect your letter to go out earliest in mid-March or latest in Mid-April.

Hopefully, but there's no mentioning of addressing the visa backlogs, sadly. So many people are waiting for that.

3 hours ago, sanq28 said:

Hopefully, but there's no mentioning of addressing the visa backlogs, sadly. So many people are waiting for that.

Backlogs have to be addressed at some pointC otherwise the dates will keep getting delayed into oblivion. I have written to my congressman on the behalf of users here (though we are already received the visa), I urge others to do the same.

Edited by Joppike

1 minute ago, Zaidi5 said:

1) Original passport
2) Pakistan and US address to stay
3) Polio Certificate from govt hospital
4) Original English CNIC
5) Print out of interview letter

and what about ds 260 confirmation  page??

Timeline
1 hour ago, Joppike said:

Backlogs have to be addressed at some pointC otherwise the dates will keep getting delayed into oblivion. I have written to my congressman on the behalf of users here (though we are already received the visa), I urge others to do the same.

How can I write to ny congressman and what should I say?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Waiting243 said:

I have a feeling some of their remaining staff also gone back. How can they just schedule ONLY one week of may dqs in feb.sorry, I'm still processing this

I was really frustrated about this too. If they keep doing this, it will take forever just to clear a month of DQs.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, taymar said:

I was really frustrated about this too. If they keep doing this, it will take forever just to clear a month of DQs.

True and it won't affect them coz they don't care. Especially july and August and upcoming dqs basically will wait a year if this pace continues

Edited by Waiting243

1 hour ago, Joppike said:

That's so generous of you. And thank you for doing it. People who have been affected by the backlog are really going through hell at the moment. I hope you are reunited with your family happy and content.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.