31 posts in this topic

So the RF(I)E breaks down what they want, why they want it and how you may provide it:

1 They want all documents submitted to the IRS for the most recent year. So that is tax year 2019 and most likely that one had not been submitted when the original application was filed. If they have the transcript, they can add it as well, but the request is for the documents filed with the IRS and they want all of them (include all pages in other words).

2 They cannot determine that the sponsor meets the requirements for the petition. I'm reading the whole thing as: Redo the form, make sure it is completed, signed and dated and include all documents that are required for the form. Everything else on the form is just general info and "cover your butt" stuff. Prepare a new I-864, do not reuse the old one. Use the rest of the excellent advise, already given, regarding gross, nett income etc that has already been received.

General:

The list example list of evidence is just that, an example. Include anything that could be considered relevant for the RF(I)E and do not worry to much about not having it all.

I would group the documents in the same manner as the RF(I)E is mentioning it and you may even want to go as far as to supply the tax docs twice once for part one and again for part two.

Do not forget to include a copy of the RF(I)E on top of the package. And include all pages of said RF(I)E.

Make a copy of the whole package and keep it on file just in case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.