BOKURAGAITA

Visa Appointment Cancelation USEM Manila

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Cody&Razely said:

Sooooo this means it is not considered "Routine Visa Services" for a K-1 and the NVC will be forwarding them to the USEM....? I'm confused, sorry. I thought the K-1's are considered routine and not being sent from the NVC?

Or is this only for those that arrived at the NVC after a certain date, which are being held back.....?

K1s have not been classified as "mission critical" and therefore I would not expect any meaningful action until routine services resume.  I think the ones recently issued are hangovers from before the shutdown that didn't get issued before the stoppage 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

K1s have not been classified as "mission critical" and therefore I would not expect any meaningful action until routine services resume.  I think the ones recently issued are hangovers from before the shutdown that didn't get issued before the stoppage 

ah, bummer if that's the reason for the K-1 interviews lately 

Timeline

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/16-czech-embassies-have-resumed-visa-operations-others-to-reopen-on-august-1/

In this site Manila was mentioned to accept applications in full and will operate in restricted mode, other than that theres no other detail. 

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Carin Bulado said:

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/16-czech-embassies-have-resumed-visa-operations-others-to-reopen-on-august-1/

In this site Manila was mentioned to accept applications in full and will operate in restricted mode, other than that theres no other detail. 

i dont know anymore i cpuld be wrong ..

Timeline
1 hour ago, Carin Bulado said:

If someone could give detail about Philippines, that would be awesome. Im stuck in Manila and hope to hear any from the Embassy before i leave back to Cebu. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Solaris81 said:

They still aren't allowing foreigners into the country. I need to travel with my fiancée and her two kids to Manila for medical, CFO and interviews. 

Yes no foreigners allow yet, my fiancé and i have the same plans before covid but now ill be doing it by myself and getting to Manila is not the easiest and going back to her hometown too. 

Timeline

If I remember correctly, one if the factors for the phase 3 consulate reopening is no significant border restrictions.  Which in my opinion, means once "normal" travel is allowed,  then routine visa services can resume.   

YMMV

Timeline
7 minutes ago, payxibka said:

If I remember correctly, one if the factors for the phase 3 consulate reopening is no significant border restrictions.  Which in my opinion, means once "normal" travel is allowed,  then routine visa services can resume.   

I have Travel Authority that the government asked me to bring, its weird because the airline never ask about it nor check where im from and which City. I flew just scanning my boarding pass. Sometimes the government is too strict than the airlines i think.

But im wearing mask, have hand sanitizer with me and social distancing.

Edited by Carin Bulado

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Carin Bulado said:

Yes no foreigners allow yet, my fiancé and i have the same plans before covid but now ill be doing it by myself and getting to Manila is not the easiest and going back to her hometown too. 

It's not easy with two kids 6 and younger. My Fiancée has only been to Manila once and that was with me. The kids have never been on a plane and this would be so much easier if I went with. Moreover, I want to fly with my fiancée and the kids when they come to the states. 

10 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

It's not easy with two kids 6 and younger. My Fiancée has only been to Manila once and that was with me. The kids have never been on a plane and this would be so much easier if I went with. Moreover, I want to fly with my fiancée and the kids when they come to the states. 

Your Story sounds just like mine. Our kuya is 6 and our bunso is 1 1/2. But now they all three have to fly here alome wothout me.

Edited by TVC

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Solaris81 said:

Same as ours, My kids aged 7, 4 and 3 and never been on a plane or history of long travel and my fiancé wants to be with us when flying but seems like its hard to get that. I feel you, i wish my fiancé can travel too. 

Timeline
On 7/28/2020 at 11:46 PM, Solaris81 said:

I am in the same situation, my fiancee has never been to Manila and has never been on a plane, she is very much a province girl. I plan on being there when she goes to Manila for the interview and then wait and bring her to America with me. She would get so confused and scared flying by herself

On 7/28/2020 at 3:58 PM, Carin Bulado said:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/

25mins ago except F-1 Student.

I wanna know if K1 is included or no? 

Sometimes K1 confuse me. 

🥺🥺🥺🥺

It is a nonimmigrant visa, but it does say it will eventually turn into an immigrant visa if you do marry and adjust status. 

Looking at the VJ timelines, there have been zero interview dates recorded for PH K1 visas (the last was March 2020). For the CR1/IR1, they are doing expedited interviews at the Manila embassy (around 10 have been recorded in July 2020). There was 1 case that said they didn't expediate their case but still had an interview, but it was at the Singapore consulate and recorded under the Philippines section.  

Nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) - It is important to note that application for the nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) who married a U.S. citizen must be filed and the visa must be issued in the country where the marriage took place. After the visa process has been completed, and the visa is issued, the spouse can travel to the United States to wait for the processing of the immigrant visa case. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/immigrant-visa-for-a-spouse-or-fiance-of-a-us-citizen.html

The US embassy posted a new update today: "As of July 27, 2020, U.S. Embassy in the Philippines is resuming certain immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services, including F student visa applications."

Edited by user555

Timeline
16 minutes ago, user555 said:

It is a nonimmigrant visa, but it does say it will eventually turn into an immigrant visa if you do marry and adjust status. 

Looking at the VJ timelines, there have been zero interview dates recorded for PH K1 visas (the last was March 2020). For the CR1/IR1, they are doing expedited interviews at the Manila embassy (around 10 have been recorded in July 2020). There was 1 case that said they didn't expediate their case but still had an interview, but it was at the Singapore consulate and recorded under the Philippines section.  

Nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) - It is important to note that application for the nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) who married a U.S. citizen must be filed and the visa must be issued in the country where the marriage took place. After the visa process has been completed, and the visa is issued, the spouse can travel to the United States to wait for the processing of the immigrant visa case. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/immigrant-visa-for-a-spouse-or-fiance-of-a-us-citizen.html

The US embassy posted a new update today: "As of July 27, 2020, U.S. Embassy in the Philippines is resuming certain immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services, including F student visa applications."

I have a friend whose K1 and k2 expedite their case and got approve and they will be doing their interview Aug 5. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.