bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

omg Faith I really hope you get your NOA2 today! So exciting!!!!!! You must've stopped breathing when you saw the date changed (I did when I saw my noa2 email from CRIS!!!!)

Edited by the sparrow

Divorced. To hell with him.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I just called and got the most useless human being on the line. He read from the script the same information they always do. He told me I had to wait until mid-January. I interupted him and said I knew the script. I know that when people call you just tell them to wait longer, but since I paid for this service I expected some helpful information. NOTHING!!!!

So I was right. It was a mistake for me to call because now I am even more pissed off. :angry:

Did you use the RFE trick, or just the basic customer service line?

I called the RFE number and was honest..."I dont have an RFE, but need help. I filed almost 6 months ago, and havent heard anything, can you please help me? Im not sure if I have an RFE or not." Nancy and I had spoken before I just went on and on with positive comments about how hard they are working, how busy I know they are...Used Mr. Novaks name...as in...I'd love to email him with how wonderful are are being..what was your name again??"

Faith!!!!!!!! That's awesome!!!! congratulations!!! I know the feeling...hehehe!!!! You're approval it's on its way!!!! Stay positive!!! It's coming!!!!! :D

Im waiting on that answer for you from my cousin in the postal service.

Yeah, I did the whole thing like you said.

6.4.07-Sent application

6.18.07-NOA1 Hard Copy

6.24.07-Touched

9.7.07-Left for England

9.16.07-Returned from England. :(

10.18.07-Leave for England

10.21.07-Back from England. :(

11.15.07-Leave for England

11.19.07-Back from England :(

12.4.07-Touched again!

12.5.07-RFE issued

12.12.07-Received RFE letter

12.14.07-Received final divorce decree for RFE

12.14.07-Overnighted RFE & evidence for Monday delivery.

12.18.07-Touched. RFE was recieved and processing resumed

12.19.07-Touched

12.20.07-Touched

12.22.07-Leave for England

1.2.08-Return from England

1.2.08-Touched

1.2.08-APPROVED, NOA2

1.7.08-Received NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

1.7.08-NVC received paperwork

1.9.08-NVC forwarded paperwork to Consulate

1.14.08-Consulate received petition

1.15.08-Received packet 3 info

1.18.08-Mailed back packet 3 forms to Consulate

1.30.08-Packet 3 approved and processed

2.1.08-Medical exam

2.15.08-Leave for England

2.21.08-Interview

2.23.08-Return from England

2.26.08-Darren recieved Visa in the mail

2.28.08-Darren arrives to the U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.15.08-Got Married!!!!

I-485

4.14.08-Filed form

5.13.08-Received receipt

6.4.08-Biometrics appointment

I-765

4.14.08-Filed Form

5.13.08-Received receipt

6.4.08-Biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I just called and got the most useless human being on the line. He read from the script the same information they always do. He told me I had to wait until mid-January. I interupted him and said I knew the script. I know that when people call you just tell them to wait longer, but since I paid for this service I expected some helpful information. NOTHING!!!!

So I was right. It was a mistake for me to call because now I am even more pissed off. :angry:

I called the RFE number and was honest..."I dont have an RFE, but need help. I filed almost 6 months ago, and havent heard anything, can you please help me? Im not sure if I have an RFE or not." Nancy and I had spoken before I just went on and on with positive comments about how hard they are working, how busy I know they are...Used Mr. Novaks name...as in...I'd love to email him with how wonderful are are being..what was your name again??"

Faith!!!!!!!! That's awesome!!!! congratulations!!! I know the feeling...hehehe!!!! You're approval it's on its way!!!! Stay positive!!! It's coming!!!!! :D

Im waiting on that answer for you from my cousin in the postal service.

Hey Faith! thanks! I thought you never got the message....hehehehe!!!! Thanks for your help...I really appreciate it! :D

No problem...he's checking to see what can be done. He's been postmaster for years in a small town in Pennsylvania. I just hope they find it. Did they request an original??? I was thinking...if they didnt specifically request an original papers..I'd send in copies of them...with a notorized letter stating that you sent them in prior...that these are copies of what they had signed for and to please complete your approval. I'd find out if they HAD to have originals...because most send in only copies with the petitions to begin with...can't hurt to have Pat call and check.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Both

Bummer. I hate unhelpful people. I hope you get some good news soon Steph!

Timeline

Both

Bummer. I hate unhelpful people. I hope you get some good news soon Steph!

Dont you give up....call back a different day at different time...until you get someone that is helpful. I had a rude person twice... but Nancy is nice as is a few others in VERMONT. Dont give up...call again...till u get someone who will help you.

omg Faith I really hope you get your NOA2 today! So exciting!!!!!! You must've stopped breathing when you saw the date changed (I did when I saw my noa2 email from CRIS!!!!)

My heart stopped, my brain stopped, i stopped breathing...I could hardly click on my case number to see WHY it updated...All i know is my file is on a strangers desk to determine if Im eligible to bring my love over. I cant decide if Im happy, scared or feel a bit violated that im being "touched" by a stranger... :blush::blink::unsure: heheheeheh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Congratulations. I am happy for you; at least you're not one of those using this board to vent their innate frustrations in life generally. You waited on the Lord and He answered you. Goodluck.

:blink:

And so those of us who do vent...what is wrong with that??????

If I have said it once, I have said it a thousand times: There is nothing wrong with venting. That is what these boards are for. People need to release their frustrations about this process and if it means one more post about how this is all f'ed up then so be it. Not everyone deals with this process in the same way and not everyone believes that God is in control. Everyone deals with this in different ways and no way is better than another. What is wrong with people sharing their feelings here? If it helps someone deal with all this then so be it.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Not everyone deals with this process in the same way and not everyone believes that God is in control.

Exactly, I was completely unaware that God worked at the Vermont Service Center. Well, if he does, I hope he processes my I-129F soon or I may join a pagan cult.

Everyone here (save a handful of people who filed in September) has a right to complain. It's a message board and VERY easy to ignore complaints if you don't want to read them. I promise posts containing complaints will not continuously pop-up in a message box until you read them thoroughly.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

How does one tell the difference between a touch that is recorded because a call was made to the RFE line and a touch that is recorded because the case is being adjudicated? I was touched back in September when I reported a typo on my NOA1 but there is no explanation of the touch when I click the case number.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Timeline
How does one tell the difference between a touch that is recorded because a call was made to the RFE line and a touch that is recorded because the case is being adjudicated? I was touched back in September when I reported a typo on my NOA1 but there is no explanation of the touch when I click the case number.

I think people just assume that it was a touch due to the phone call because it happens after the phone call. I don't think it actually says so on the website. People assume that the surprise touches that come with no calls are associated with adjudication.

Click for full timeline

Timeline
Congratulations. I am happy for you; at least you're not one of those using this board to vent their innate frustrations in life generally. You waited on the Lord and He answered you. Goodluck.

:blink:

And so those of us who do vent...what is wrong with that??????

If I have said it once, I have said it a thousand times: There is nothing wrong with venting. That is what these boards are for. People need to release their frustrations about this process and if it means one more post about how this is all f'ed up then so be it. Not everyone deals with this process in the same way and not everyone believes that God is in control. Everyone deals with this in different ways and no way is better than another. What is wrong with people sharing their feelings here? If it helps someone deal with all this then so be it.

I believe God is in control...but I still know that we are human with human emotions and needs. One need is for support in various ways. Even Jesus (pbuh) asked for support from his Disciples when in the garden in prayer...asking them to stay awake with him. I agree that everyone deals with this differently..and not all believe the same way. I think as believers we must be careful to guard our words and judgements, lest we ourselves be judged. God only knows Im not perfect.

Filed: Timeline

I don't think there's a way you can tell. A "touch" just means someone swiped your file with a barcode reader. Filers who see a touch right after a phone call are assuming the touch was made because of the phone call. They're probably right in most cases, but there's no way of knowing for sure.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

tsk tsk mox; flaming again :P

(I have to say my jaw almost hit the table when I read that comment in the other thread :lol: )

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Everyone and Congratulations to recent approvals. I have a question. I received my NOA2 (hard copy) in the mail and there is a number above my Hakeem's name, does anyone know what that number is and what it's for? It begins with an A

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

Constance

06/13/07 - Sent I-129F

06/14/07 - VSC received petition

06/15/07 - NOA1

06/19/07 - Check cashed EAC # on back of canceled check

06/20/07 - NOA1 Hard Copy received

11/15/07 - NOA2 Approved (no email/no touches)

11/16/07 - Touched

11/26/07 - Called 202-663-1225 Given Case number and petition is loaded (electronically submitted to Lagos)

11/21/07 - NVC mailed to Lagos DHL

11/27/07 - Arrived Lagos Consulate (signed by Godwin)

12/06/07 - Received interview date from State Department (202) 663-1225

12/12/07 - Email from Lagos Embassy packets ready for pickup

01/16/08 - Hakeem picked up packets

02/06/08 - Interview scheduled in Lagos

Timeline
Hello Everyone and Congratulations to recent approvals. I have a question. I received my NOA2 (hard copy) in the mail and there is a number above my Hakeem's name, does anyone know what that number is and what it's for? It begins with an A

Constance

That is his A# (Alien Registration Number).

Edited by ZeeNusah

Click for full timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Constance

That is his A#.

A as in alien.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.