bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
I just arrived home from a business trip. I had no access to internet and it was killing me not to read the progress my VJ friends have made. I was so glad to read the many approves and congrats to you all :thumbs:

However, Mirla & Byron I was cheering for you the most :crying::crying::crying:

Mirla, so sorry to read about your RFE :angry: You are correct these lawyers suck!!! At least you are one step closer.

Byron, dont lose hope on Christmas. Ever since I rec'd my NOA2 it has been moving rather quickly. Quicker then I expected. I hope it moves as fast for you. I have family in Colombia and I have only spent one Christmas there because Airfare is too expensive. I will also be alone this holiday season but DONT lose hope :star:

All my best wishes for you both on a speedy approval.

soch....thank you !!!!!!!!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

I haven't lost hope completely but as each day passes the hope fades a little.. :( .....as for the airfare...its outrageous!!! I checked today to travel there for Christmas and come back the first of January, they want $1200.......and thats actually not that bad...it said there was only one seat left...which basically means ...one seat at that price cause the closer you get the higher it goes....but im stuck because im hoping for an interview date and i have to be there for the interview and that makes it hard to schedule anything.....It's not like i could leave whenever i want...i have work to worry about and too much traveling would not look to good for me... :no:

I know what you mean... we are in limbo! I looked at VJ timelines and it does seem to move quickly after the NOA2 in Colombia for interviews... just like it did for me. But you never know. I will have a better idea when he receives packet 4.

Is there anyway to put a hold on a reservation via a travel agency and give yourself time to wait for the NOA2? I have found that internet air deals for Colombia are also the same or perhaps less ($10) if you go to an agency. I live in NY and sometimes end up buying my tickets at the agency (in a Colombian neighborhood) instead of online. Again, perhaps they can hold a reservation for a week and that could give you time.

I work at a travel agency, and we can hold tickets for up to 48 hours but even then, it just guarantees a seat and the price almost always goes up. If we held it for a week, the price would definitely go up. I see prices go up everyday, and everyday people come in wanting to go home for Christmas and I have to say "Oh, it's $1500 or $2000" to go there, and it tears me apart to see their faces when I tell them. :wacko:

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Erveryone...I have been watching and listening for a couple of days now and I am just about ready to loose my mind...VCS recieved our application on June 4, 2007 and we recieved our NOA1 on June 10 then nothing.....the silence from VCS is deafening.....November 2 is 150 days....5 months of silence.....I am so anxious I can not look at the website anymore...Oscar has to do it......I keep thinking soon but........this is hard.....Lora

Hang in there Lora, mine was approved at 152 days and on a Sunday no less. Keep checking the USCIS web site and don't rely on getting a Chris email. I never did get a Chris email, but it is on their web site approved and I also got the hard copy NOA2 in the mail about 3 days after the approval. Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

This situation is quite unreal. We actually have to spend thousands of dollars in filings fees (between I129s, Advance Parole, 485 to get a 2 yr green card, AOS for permanent green card, US Citizen) and beyond that rack up significant phone bills, and travel plans. This system is set up like a tax to dissuade US Citizens from marrying foreigners. Essentialy its a penalty that goes beyond tax as we have to go through emotional stress due to the uncertainity.

What is USCIS trying to accomplish by putting us through this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I think they are hoping to accomplish a reasonable level of national security, and to dissuade / identify those who might be trying to enter the country on fraudulent terms, or for less than legal purposes

we may all have our opinions about whether there might be other, better, ways to accomplish that, but that's what they're trying to do, and I think largely succeeding

as for the cost of things - well, yes, but I don't know what the alternative is... I choose to conduct a relationship with someone in another country; there are certain costs associated with that (though my partner and I have joked, more than once, that at least we're saving on dinners and cinema tickets; might not balance out, but there is SOME balance)

and while I wince at some of the fees, again, what's the alternative? I don't expect the US taxpayer to fund MY application to come and live in their country; I haven't contributed anything yet... later, when I have, I'll have my reward in other ways no doubt :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Its not the application fees that is painful. It is the unreasonable amount of time required for waiting. I am not convinced that extending the waiting time by several months allows them to increase the level of security. It is not like that the spend several months investigating a person's background. The amount of time spent on each application is probably measured in hours, not weeks or months. And I also wonder why H1(work visas) do not have to wait for 6-9 months? Are they considered to be more peace loving, non-harmful people?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

:clock:

This is all that we can do for now..... Mirla, continue to be as hopeful as you have been. I remember when I began my journey here this past summer. We were just so hopeful and energetic. Now, it's difficult. It's difficult speaking to the love of your life knowing that you could be together just now, but legal barriers are keeping you apart.

Thank you for all the support each and everyone has given me. Thank you Byron, Mirla, Zee.... Though we have never met, somehow you have given reason to be sane and rational, and most importantly patient.

I have received two touches so far in two days....don't know what the future lies....but I do know that the journey will be ending soon for my baby and I. I am hoping to spend Valentine's day with him.

Thanks guys....Let's continue to be strong....the journey will end soon. :whistle:

Edited by Missy1

April 8, 2007 - Visited the love of my life in Nigeria

April 10, 2007 - Engaged

May 21, 2007 - Sent Package to VSC

May 24, 2007 - NOA1 receipt date

August 10, 2007 - Visited the love of my life in Nigeria (again...stayed three weeks)

September 1, 2007 - arrived back in the States

November 5, 2007 - approved!!!

November 6, 2007 - touched

November 9, 2007 - received paper NOA2

November 9, 2007 - NVC forwarded case to consulate

November 15, 2007 - received letter from NVC

November 19, 2007 - fiance has interview date and corresponding forms

December 15, 2007 - Purchase Ticket

January 8, 2008- interview at consulate (approved!)

January 18, 2008- pick up visa

January 19, 2008 - POE (JFK)

February 14, 2008 - married on V-day!

AOS/EAD:

March 14, 2008 - applied for AOS/EAD

March 16, 2008 - AOS/EAD Received

March 20, 2008 - (AOS/EAD) NOA1 Received

March 27, 2008 - Received biometric Appointment

April 8, 2008 - I485 Application transfered to California Service Center

April 11, 2008- Biometrics taken

April 16, 2008 - Touched (AOS Transfered)

May 07, 2008 - Touched

May 08, 2008 - Touched

May 09, 2008 - Touched

May 12, 2008 - Touched

May 13, 2008 - Touched

May 14, 2008 - Touched(EAD card production ordered)

May 19, 2008 - Touched(EAD Approved)

May 19, 2008 - (AOS) Touched

May 19, 2008 - EAD card received!!!

June 05, 2008 - Touched(AOS Card production ordered)

June 09, 2008 - AOS approval notice sent

June 12, 2008 - Green Card received in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Its not the application fees that is painful. It is the unreasonable amount of time required for waiting. I am not convinced that extending the waiting time by several months allows them to increase the level of security. It is not like that the spend several months investigating a person's background. The amount of time spent on each application is probably measured in hours, not weeks or months. And I also wonder why H1(work visas) do not have to wait for 6-9 months? Are they considered to be more peace loving, non-harmful people?

your initial post didn't mention time; it mentioned money - a couple of times - and stress, which is why I phrased my reply the way I did

so no - extending the waiting time probably makes not one jot of difference to security, in most cases, but then, neither do they claim that's what it's for - USCIS have been very frank in saying that waiting times have been extended simply because of higher numbers of petitions received

so a petition could take a few minutes to approve, and it would STILL take a long time, simply because there are so many of them

and I think the answer to the work visa question has been given a number of times before - simply because to make these applicants wait would (often? usually? always?) render the visa useless; many of these visas are for SPECIFIC positions in a company; it's no good to anyone if a position that became vacant in March can't be filled until December

now, do I agree with these priorities? no, I do not, but then, I don't agree with people who don't recycle, or decide their SUV is more important than the planet, but I don't get any say there either ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

B)-->

QUOTE(Bill B @ Nov 3 2007, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Erveryone...I have been watching and listening for a couple of days now and I am just about ready to loose my mind...VCS recieved our application on June 4, 2007 and we recieved our NOA1 on June 10 then nothing.....the silence from VCS is deafening.....November 2 is 150 days....5 months of silence.....I am so anxious I can not look at the website anymore...Oscar has to do it......I keep thinking soon but........this is hard.....Lora

Hang in there Lora, mine was approved at 152 days and on a Sunday no less. Keep checking the USCIS web site and don't rely on getting a Chris email. I never did get a Chris email, but it is on their web site approved and I also got the hard copy NOA2 in the mail about 3 days after the approval. Good luck.

thanks Bill B.....If I could get my mind off of this for a few hours I could actually get something done.....I am a nurse and the other day I was delivering a baby and my mind went flying off to VCS land again.....Oscar has so much patiences but even he is getting anxious....I am thinking our dream of a Christmas together is fading fast......I said to Oscar I guess I will be filing single head of household again this year....but at least people around me are having success......I just hope they did not forget us.......Lora

P.S......You guys have been a lifesaver to me....thanks

Timeline

I agree with you.....It really makes little sense to me also.....I am thinking because of the internet and peoples travel habits that we are the coming tidal wave of application that USCIS is going to get....and they need to figure this out or they will have many many upset citizens......but in this country money talks...not love....and business needs there workers you know.......I am hoping this will be better for those who follow us......Lora as always good luck to us all

Timeline
B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill B @ Nov 2 2007, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill B @ Nov 2 2007, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Over 100 people called in today for the USCIS Ombudsman’s teleconference

“USCIS Receipting Delay II - How Does This Affect You?â€

The focus was on receipting delays, but there was a couple interesting things said and the comment about the probability of the 6-month goals being extended is disheartening. My notes include:

USCIS has completed all receipting of all I-485 employment based applications (except for the Nebraska service center). They are now moving toward emphasize efforts in receipting the N-400s.

He expects in January the 6 month processing goal at each service center will increase dramatically. He did not elaborate too much other than this will happen due to the volume of applications/petitions received by USCIS.

Send ombudsman info on customer service rep when you have a problem or bad information when calling the USCIS 1-800#

Whether I-129F can be filed without the I-130 receipt notice? How about with a copy of the check? I-130s will be transferred to Chicago soon in an effort to expedite. He is checking if customers can use a cancelled check as proof. He thought it should be allowed.

The 90-day clock for EAD start from date application was physically received at USCIS (received date on notice).

Incorrect Visa submission (when USCIS incorrectly returns an application due to fee submission). If you have ability to scan it, do so and send it to the ombudsman, but continue what you need to do on your end. He is hearing of too many incorrectly returned applications.

Correction of USCIS errors. Errors in receipt notice received. What should the person do? He hopes USCIS will post the answer soon to this. Update: I see it is posted now within the receipting message on the USCIS web site. They are saying the customer service rep should take the info over the phone on what is wrong and initiate corrective action.

Understand I-485s having priority, but not why don’t US citizens get priority service over non-citizens? Ombudsman said he will take up this question to USCIS and ask them to explain to him how/why they prioritize petitions.

He said receipting is done by contractors and not adjudicators so the receipting delays are not impacting the processing of petitions/applications.

Nebraska Service Center is inundated with employment based applications and therefore slower than the Texas Service Center.

People can email him at:

cisombudsman.publicaffairs@dhs.gov.

Recommends people check his web site for a lot of information, including answers to questions emailed to him. http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/editorial_0482.shtm

Did the ombudsman specifically say that the 129F 6 month processing goal was going to slide? Was that a specific question to him by someone?

Bobalouie,

No, he didn't say specifically I-129F petitions. What he said was in general terms, but he specifically mentioned that he personally felt that starting around January those type petitions/applications with currently 6 month processing times will see dramatic increases in the times necessary to process them due to shear numbers. I think Bill y stat's bear this out as well. I realize that VJers are a small snapshot, but as you can see by looking at the numbers waiting on VJs and the average number processed per day over time does not paint a good picture coming up. The two things; his comment and the averages match up. Maybe Bill y will run some more stats. Anyway, I am not saying that there cannot be a positive change between now and then to swing this projection the other way. If it happens, it will most likely be the result of either our media efforts, congressional efforts, or possibly the ombudsman himself in driving USCIS to question theirselves and their rationale for why many visas have faster processing goal times than K-1s & K-3s. What he is saying is assuming everything stays the way it is now procedurally given the number of applicants and their abilities to process them. The bottom line is that K-1 and K-3 applicants will have to do whatever they can do to either get more resources in USCIS dedicated to them or have a realignment of processing goals more focused on K-1/K3 versus employment based. Well, many of us right here in our VSC forum thread began the fight and got many ears to at least listen...it will be up to those of you still coming up through the NOA2 journey to keep on the pressure to make systemic changes at USCIS, including driving policy makers to put more funding in place focusing on fiance(e) and spouse visas. I wish everyone the very best in this endeavor and I am still waiting on Virgillionaire to give me my share of the cost because I still want to help out with that article. My opinion is the sooner that article gets out and the closer it is to the timing of the Washington Post article, the better for everyone here.

Thanks,

That is better than what I thought, but It really cheeses me that the only person interested in hearing what we say is a person who can not effect positive change. I wonder if the ombudsman or even the USCIS folks understand that what they are working on now, in most cases, is the final steps in those peoples journeys. This is our first step. My gosh, what will happen with the people with SOs in Egypt or Ghana when they up the timeline to say 9 months. 9 months in the 1st step, a month to get to the consulate, then 6-10 months for them to wait. I feel lucky my consulate only takes 50-60 days. Some people are looking at nearly 2 years. That is bunk and I want to talk to the people who are in a position to help, not someone who wants to help but cant do anything.

I can see why you are frustrated Bobalouie, but I would not go as far as saying the ombudsman is useless. His role is well defined in statute and he works for the organization that overseas USCIS (the Department of Homeland Security).

The Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CIS Ombudsman) provides recommendations for resolving individual and employer problems with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). As mandated by the Homeland Security Act of 2002 § 452, CISOMB is an independent DHS office that reports directly to the DHS Deputy Secretary. The CIS Ombudsman:

Assists individuals and employers in resolving problems with USCIS;

Identifies areas in which individuals and employers have problems in dealing with USCIS; and

Proposes changes to mitigate identified problems.

I agree that he does not personally have the power to mandate changes in the system, but I believe he has the power to help influence changes in the system. The more factual data we give him and the more rationale we present in mass numbers, the more persuasive our position can become in his mind and also in the mind of the others we have and are searching out to drive systemic changes. I feel using all resources available as outlets for our frustration increases the chances of positive changes. You know as well as me, unless there is a catastrophic event, change in the Government almost always takes time and a lot of effort. Don't give up for what you believe in when you know you are 100% right and always present the factual truth are the keys in influencing changes...you have to imagine there is some rhyme or reason for why they have things the way they have them. I know one thing, those of us with honest relationships are paying the price for those in the past who have abused our US immigration systems (this was done both by USCs and foreigners).

Edited by Bill B

Timeline
I just arrived home from a business trip. I had no access to internet and it was killing me not to read the progress my VJ friends have made. I was so glad to read the many approves and congrats to you all :thumbs:

Mirla, so sorry to read about your RFE :angry: You are correct these lawyers suck!!! At least you are one step closer.

Byron, dont lose hope on Christmas. Ever since I rec'd my NOA2 it has been moving rather quickly. Quicker then I expected. I hope it moves as fast for you. I have family in Colombia and I have only spent one Christmas there because Airfare is too expensive. I will also be alone this holiday season but DONT lose hope :star:

I haven't lost hope completely but as each day passes the hope fades a little.. :( .....as for the airfare...its outrageous!!! I checked today to travel there for Christmas and come back the first of January, they want $1200.......and thats actually not that bad...it said there was only one seat left...which basically means ...one seat at that price cause the closer you get the higher it goes....but im stuck because im hoping for an interview date and i have to be there for the interview and that makes it hard to schedule anything.....It's not like i could leave whenever i want...i have work to worry about and too much traveling would not look to good for me... :no:

Hi Byron,

I just saw in another thread where Bundy 138 was approved yesterday, 13 days after sending them his RFE response. I hope yours is the same 13 days or less. Good luck!

Timeline
Byron and Mirla (F)(F)(F) just so you know the guy who used to be an adjudicator said that when they receive the answer to an RFE that´s what they tend to deal with the first thing in the morning since it´s an old petition and they wanna finish that before they start other work...so don´t worry Byron...you know they always keep saying these dates and terms to stop you from calling :thumbs: Mirla will you have to "attack" your lawyer the way Byron had to do it to get the RFE letter from him/her?

Good luck to everyone :thumbs:

Well, the good thing about this is that I don't have to attack my lawyer for this letter cause Pat will get the RFE letter from VSC, he also got the NOA1 from VSC due to my lawyer is not listed under my case......don't ask me why but we found that out a month ago.....I'm glad in some way cause I don't have to attack him and look for him to get the RFE.

You're also right about the ex-adjudicator from NSC....he did said that and I also read it but I think I'm being weak right now...:cry:

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Byron and Mirla (F)(F)(F) just so you know the guy who used to be an adjudicator said that when they receive the answer to an RFE that´s what they tend to deal with the first thing in the morning since it´s an old petition and they wanna finish that before they start other work...so don´t worry Byron...you know they always keep saying these dates and terms to stop you from calling :thumbs: Mirla will you have to "attack" your lawyer the way Byron had to do it to get the RFE letter from him/her?

Well, the good thing about this is that I don't have to attack my lawyer for this letter cause Pat will get the RFE letter from VSC, he also got the NOA1 from VSC due to my lawyer is not listed under my case......don't ask me why but we found that out a month ago.....I'm glad in some way cause I don't have to attack him and look for him to get the RFE.

You're also right about the ex-adjudicator from NSC....he did said that and I also read it but I think I'm being weak right now...:cry:

Mirla,

You are one of the STRONGEST women I know. You are entitled to a weak moment. Go wash your face....and look at yourself in that mirror. And repeat after me...I AM strong, I AM going to get this noa2 SOON. I AM not going to give in to the moments weakness. I AM healthy. I AM happy. I AM lucky to have this man love me. I am WOMAN...I am MIRLA...hear me ROAR!!!

Then go get 'em tigress....

Timeline

B)-->

QUOTE(Bill B @ Nov 3 2007, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Byron,

I just saw in another thread where Bundy 138 was approved yesterday, 13 days after sending them his RFE response. I hope yours is the same 13 days or less. Good luck!

OMG!!!! Really???!!??? You just made me feel a little bit better...So that proves what the ex-adjudicator said!!!!! That keeps my hopes up :D

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/28/08 --- Medical

Timeline

Mirla,

You are one of the STRONGEST women I know. You are entitled to a weak moment. Go wash your face....and look at yourself in that mirror. And repeat after me...I AM strong, I AM going to get this noa2 SOON. I AM not going to give in to the moments weakness. I AM healthy. I AM happy. I AM lucky to have this man love me. I am WOMAN...I am MIRLA...hear me ROAR!!!

Then go get 'em tigress....

Thanks amrssnowangel!!! Like I said before, your posts to Byron really touched me and this one also did! You're right, it's only a weak moment. Thanks for that post....I really needed! I gotta be strong....

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/28/08 --- Medical

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.