mbssss

Is our evidence of bona fide marriage sufficient?

22 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Yes.

Not now, but for later, when it comes time to remove conditions on the green card, consider drafting wills, medical powers of attorney, and similar documents.  These make excellent evidence for ROC, and they're even more crucial to have in "life."

Can you use wills, medical powers of attorneys for BOTH AOS interview  and again for ROC?

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
14 hours ago, mbssss said:

Oh, I thought you had to provide some when you initially file. But you're right, we'll just submit what we have now and keep collecting until the interview since we'll likely have a lot more by then.

Thank you for calming my nerves, haha. 

I think you have plenty of evidence. When we filed our initial package we just included the marriage certificate, 3 bank accounts and the lease. When we gathered everything for the interview we had our taxes, me as an authorized user in his bank account, me under his health insurance, random mail coming to both of us to the same address, three affidavits from family and friends, the vet bill with both our names, and a copy of each drivers license to show cohabitation .

We were so ready for the interview! However it got cancelled due to covid, and we had to send our evidence by mail. We were approved two weeks later 

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Unlike others have stated, I would recommend to file all these with the I-485.

we’ve seen reports of AOS interviews being waived during covid, and front loading could potentially help the IO to make that decision :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

We will definietly do that then. Might as well submit copies with both the I-130 and the I-485 since we have all the documentation at hand. Thank you for the tip! :)

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

10/05/2020 - Recieved physical reciept notices in the mail

10/06/2020 - Sent I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using UPS

10/09/2020 - Package was recieved by USCIS

10/30/2020 - Recieved text notication from USCIS with reciept number for I-765

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, ra0010 said:

I think you have plenty of evidence. When we filed our initial package we just included the marriage certificate, 3 bank accounts and the lease. When we gathered everything for the interview we had our taxes, me as an authorized user in his bank account, me under his health insurance, random mail coming to both of us to the same address, three affidavits from family and friends, the vet bill with both our names, and a copy of each drivers license to show cohabitation .

We were so ready for the interview! However it got cancelled due to covid, and we had to send our evidence by mail. We were approved two weeks later 

That's great! It looks like we will have pretty similar amounts and types of evidence so hopefully we will be just fine too then. Did you submit evidence with both the I-130 and the I-485 or just the I-130? 

Thank you for your input :)

AOS

08/25/2020 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using USPS                                         11/06/2020 - Received physical receipt notice for I-765 in the mail

08/28/2020 - Package was received by USCIS                                                                                                   12/15/2020 - Online account updated and indicated the I-944 RFIE was sent

09/25/2020 - Debit Card was charged by USCIS                                                                                                 12/28/2020 - Recieved the I-944 RFIE via e-mail after speaking with a tier 2 officer

09/29/2020 - Recieved text notifications from USCIS with reciept numbers                                                  1/11/2021 - Responded to the RFIE and sent the I-944 to USCIS 

10/01/2020 - Recieved rejected I-765 back                                                                                                           3/3/2021 - Biometrics scheduled for 03/29

10/05/2020 - Recieved physical reciept notices in the mail

10/06/2020 - Sent I-765 to Chicago Lockbox using UPS

10/09/2020 - Package was recieved by USCIS

10/30/2020 - Recieved text notication from USCIS with reciept number for I-765

19 hours ago, mbssss said:

Oh, I thought you had to provide some when you initially file. But you're right, we'll just submit what we have now and keep collecting until the interview since we'll likely have a lot more by then.

Thank you for calming my nerves, haha. 

If you will receive a Conditional Green Card you can use all these documents when filing for the removal of condition I-751.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
8 hours ago, mbssss said:

That's great! It looks like we will have pretty similar amounts and types of evidence so hopefully we will be just fine too then. Did you submit evidence with both the I-130 and the I-485 or just the I-130? 

Thank you for your input :)

We submitted the I-485 and the I-130 together. And as I said, with our initial application we didn't send much evidence. The field office sent us a letter a couple of weeks after our interview was cancelled where they ask us to mail the evidence. 

The interesting part is that they called us the day before our interview got cancelled, while we were literally getting out of the door to go to a hotel and stay for the night to be well rested for the interview. Therefore, we had all the evidence that we were going to present at the interview ready to go. And since our status changed to "interview ready to be scheduled" after the cancellation, we never touched the evidence. We just left it there, ready for the interview. Then around 3 weeks later we received the letter from the field office requesting us to send the evidence so all we had to do was to prepare a big envelope and ship it. 

Forgot to add that we also prepared two photo albums: one with every day pictures throughout all our relationship, with family, friends and our two fur babies, and the other one was the wedding album. Once we got approved they sent every thing back, except for the wedding album.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.