Ashika

IR5 July 2020 filers

127 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congratulations!!! :dance:   

I applied Last August  for my mom and I still haven't heard anything. I don't see any August folder in the forum. I have seen some people have gotten some RFE, Idk if I should start getting prepared ASAP. My mom didn't register me until I was over a year old. My birth certificate was the only evidence I submitted it. What do you guys thing?

I know this is difficult, but I will keep trying. It will work because, this distance is nothing compared to our love. :wub:

10/2013 we met at church in USA, through some common friends. We became friends.

06/07/2014 we went to our first date. :dancing: Why did we take so long to go out? :ranting:

06/22/2014 I said YES.. I want to be your girlfriend... :luv:

07/16/2014 I had to come back to Colombia because my program was over :cry:

10/10/2014 My love met me in Colombia to spend my birthday weekend with me. We got engaged (L)

02/17/2015 - 03/09/2015 He came back to Colombia to visit me and met my family. :star:

05/12/2015 We couldn't stand the distance, so he decided to move here with me. :wub:

05/28/2015 We got married at the notary. 06/06/2015 We got married at church :D

12/03/2016  Moved back to the USA. 🥰

08/2020 Became a Citizen. 🇱🇷

08/2020 Applied to bring my mom. ❤️

02/28/2022 went to pick my mom to the airport in Florida 🤩

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
21 hours ago, Nathan&Cata said:

I applied Last August  for my mom and I still haven't heard anything. I don't see any August folder in the forum. I have seen some people have gotten some RFE, Idk if I should start getting prepared ASAP. My mom didn't register me until I was over a year old. My birth certificate was the only evidence I submitted it. What do you guys thing?

Have you contacted USCIS and spoken to a representative to check the status yet?

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

PD: July 3, 2020

RFE: January 26, 2021

RFE sent: March 3, 2021

Just sent the RFE today, let's hope to get the approval letter soon.

I have a quick question,

Of all the evidence requested as secundary evidence for late birth registration I just submitted one, my baptismal certificate.

I also submitted a Affidavit from my mother explaining why she registered me late, my sisters are older than me and their birth was also registered the same day as mine so I sent my 3 sisters birth certificate with certified translation, and some photos as well.

Do tou think I will have any problems for submitting just one? We got 2 Affidavits from my aunt and uncle but they were wrong because day were missing their date ans place of birth so I preferred to not submit them.

This is what the letter asked

Screenshot_20210308-172911_Office Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20210308-172919_Office Mobile.jpg

1 hour ago, Spreadhope said:

Waiting for approval for parents. Applied in July 2020 Texas SC not heard anything back.

Does anyone have a link for list of documents we need to submit to NVC? I was thinking of atleast trying to get those documents ready. Thank you!

My PD is 19 July 2020.

approved on 02/28/2021

DQ 03/08/2021

Documents I submitted were

birth certificates and marriage certificates for both petitioner and beneficiary.

Passport Bio page(beneficiary)

passport size photograph (beneficiary)

Naturalization certificate (petitioner)

police certificate (beneficiary)

I-864 form

Tax transcript for just year 2019

On 3/6/2021 at 10:45 AM, Nathan&Cata said:

If your birth was registered more than a year after you were born, they will probably request secundary evidence. Since 2017, that is the new rule but, you might be lucky and get your case approved.

See the images I posted in my comment yesterday so you can see what secundary evidence they ask for.

Good luck

Edited by AlfNel23

17 hours ago, Ashika said:

My PD is 19 July 2020.

approved on 02/28/2021

DQ 03/08/2021

Documents I submitted were

birth certificates and marriage certificates for both petitioner and beneficiary.

Passport Bio page(beneficiary)

passport size photograph (beneficiary)

Naturalization certificate (petitioner)

police certificate (beneficiary)

I-864 form

Tax transcript for just year 2019

Great. Thanks so much Ashika. Since PD for my parents is July as well and it is Texas SC, hopefully will get an update for their case soon.  Question - 1) Can you apply for police certificate before you get approved? I was thinking my parentscan start working on it until we get the approval. 2) Did you get the tax transcript from IRS website? 3) Are all these documents mailed or are they uploaded. Thank you!

49 minutes ago, Spreadhope said:

Great. Thanks so much Ashika. Since PD for my parents is July as well and it is Texas SC, hopefully will get an update for their case soon.  Question - 1) Can you apply for police certificate before you get approved? I was thinking my parentscan start working on it until we get the approval. 2) Did you get the tax transcript from IRS website? 3) Are all these documents mailed or are they uploaded. Thank you!

I hope you get the approval soon. 
1.Yes you can apply for the police certificate but they are time sensitive, my country has only 6 months validity. You can’t upload the expired certificate. 

2. Yes I got the transcript from IRS website

3.I uploaded everything online, nothing mailed.

59 minutes ago, Ashika said:

I hope you get the approval soon. 
1.Yes you can apply for the police certificate but they are time sensitive, my country has only 6 months validity. You can’t upload the expired certificate. 

2. Yes I got the transcript from IRS website

3.I uploaded everything online, nothing mailed.

Thanks so much. I will start looking for these documents then. Good luck to you as well. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.