TYosemite

Montreal Consulate

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I’ve seen more than one person in my K1 & Spousal VISA group on Facebook (for Canada to US) say that when contacting Montreal about a potential date for starting to process K1’s again they’ve been told August.

Specifically August 14th. 

Now I don’t know what will happen between then & now, don’t want to get anybody’s hopes up so please take this with a grain of salt.

However it is the first sign of them actually making some plan to get back to things. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, TYosemite said:

Hey everyone,

I’ve seen more than one person in my K1 & Spousal VISA group on Facebook (for Canada to US) say that when contacting Montreal about a potential date for starting to process K1’s again they’ve been told August.

Specifically August 14th. 

Now I don’t know what will happen between then & now, don’t want to get anybody’s hopes up so please take this with a grain of salt.

However it is the first sign of them actually making some plan to get back to things. 

My fiance and I have our fingers crossed.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, travusb said:

My fiance and I have our fingers crossed.

Us too! Our had just arrived at Montreal, got our first ready before everything shut down so this is a little bit of hope!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, TYosemite said:

Us too! Our had just arrived at Montreal, got our first ready before everything shut down so this is a little bit of hope!

We got to the NVC and stuck there waiting for them to send our case to Montreal. Hoping to see the "At NVC" status to change in a couple of weeks.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Ujjwal said:

Ours got ready on April 30, how about you guys?

Mine said ready to schedule an interview updated on April 30th, haven’t received my P3 from the consulate with my checklist though

Timeline
10 minutes ago, TYosemite said:

Mine said ready to schedule an interview updated on April 30th, haven’t received my P3 from the consulate with my checklist though

How many people were told Aug 14th was a potential restart date?

Timeline
2 hours ago, tanman22 said:

5 separate people now across 3 different cross border spousal groups 

5 hours ago, TYosemite said:

Same here. We’re in the same boat, I hope when they open they start sending P3 and P4’s without any delay. Keep us updated here. 

5 hours ago, tanman22 said:

I can confirm this as well. They’ll be opening interviews from that date and it’s the only tentative date from Montreal since the pandemic began!!

Timeline
On 7/22/2020 at 10:54 AM, travusb said:

We got to the NVC and stuck there waiting for them to send our case to Montreal. Hoping to see the "At NVC" status to change in a couple of weeks.

Same here! Our case is still at the NVC and has been there since April. Hopefully this date is correct and we see these cases move to Montreal. I also called NVC yesterday to see how they would handle these cases and they said once the embassy reopens, they will send all the cases at once.

21 hours ago, tanman22 said:

I can also confirm the August 14th date. My fiance called on Monday afternoon, talked to a woman who gave the August 14th date. Then he called again Tuesday morning on my insistence and a gentleman picked up. He told my fiance that they will be reopening for interviews again August 14th. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, pooj97 said:

I can also confirm the August 14th date. My fiance called on Monday afternoon, talked to a woman who gave the August 14th date. Then he called again Tuesday morning on my insistence and a gentleman picked up. He told my fiance that they will be reopening for interviews again August 14th. 

I'm very glad to hear this. I wonder why it's so hard to put this information out on their website.

Timeline
1 minute ago, travusb said:

I'm very glad to hear this. I wonder why it's so hard to put this information out on their website.

That's why I'm still hesitant to get my hopes up, even though two different operators said August 14th. Hopefully they put some kinda of announcement up soon on their website

Timeline

I've sent in an email asking for emergency k1 processing with documents.

However they've told me " K-1 fiancée visa applications cannot be processed at this time, as they are not covered by the list of cases determined to be mission-critical"

I wonder how long the routine visa processing is paused for and I didn't know they weren't processing emergency visas as well at this time.

Anyways lets our fingers crossed and update this helpful thread!

Timeline
On 7/22/2020 at 4:41 PM, Ujjwal said:

Ours got ready on April 30, how about you guys?

I pretty much sent in p3 (March 20th) and the day or so after they decided to close, and never got my p4. 

I feel bad for all those cases stuck at nvc, and everyone that hasnt had their second 'ready' status after me, means the embassy hasn't even sent p3s out and those take awhile.

I do hope August 14th means all visas and slowly start going in order to get through all the backlog.

5 hours ago, :Sarah: said:

I've sent in an email asking for emergency k1 processing with documents.

However they've told me " K-1 fiancée visa applications cannot be processed at this time, as they are not covered by the list of cases determined to be mission-critical"

I wonder how long the routine visa processing is paused for and I didn't know they weren't processing emergency visas as well at this time.

Anyways lets our fingers crossed and update this helpful thread!

I wonder what they consider to be mission critical, emergency spousal visas only? Because they only issued 3 spousal visas total in June, I thought from the EO that all spousal visas were considered to be mission critical... =/

Edited by Ver&S

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.