TYosemite

Montreal Consulate

35 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Ver&S said:

I wonder what they consider to be mission critical, emergency spousal visas only? Because they only issued 3 spousal visas total in June, I thought from the EO that all spousal visas were considered to be mission critical... =/

Every embassy is just doing things differently. For some reason, Montreal has chosen to only process visas that are both mission-critical and deemed urgent. The August 14 date is allegedly when the AIS scheduling system is going to open up for everyone (emphasis on allegedly).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, Ver&S said:

I wonder what they consider to be mission critical, emergency spousal visas only? Because they only issued 3 spousal visas total in June, I thought from the EO that all spousal visas were considered to be mission critical... =/

spousal visas are considered mission critical not K1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The State Department is resuming visa services on a post-by-post basis at U.S. embassies and consulates around the world. Family of U.S. citizens, students, and emergency travel appointments will resume first. 

34 minutes ago, Jay&Sid said:

The State Department is resuming visa services on a post-by-post basis at U.S. embassies and consulates around the world. Family of U.S. citizens, students, and emergency travel appointments will resume first. 

The US consulate in Montreal confirmed K1 will be resumed in August for interviews when I called IV unit. 
Also, Montreal consulate immigrant unit doesn’t process student visas!

Edited by Ujjwal

Timeline
Just now, Ujjwal said:

The US consulate in Montreal confirmed K1 will be resumed in August for interviews when I called IV unit. 
Also, Montreal consulate immigrant unit doesn’t process student visas!

Thx for the info. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ptitchou said:

Right, but they haven't been doing spousal visa interviews either. :(

I heard they're doing administrative processing spousal visas for now who've had their interviews already. I'm sure your turn will come soon since it's mission critical.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ptitchou said:

Right, but they haven't been doing spousal visa interviews either. :(

They have been. Another person just picked up their visa after getting called by MTL if they want to proceed.

Timeline
11 hours ago, :Sarah: said:

I heard they're doing administrative processing spousal visas for now who've had their interviews already. I'm sure your turn will come soon since it's mission critical.

Interesting. I guess it's only the people who already had their cases sent from NVC, which makes sense. Mine is still sitting at NVC because Montreal isn't accepting cases for interview from them yet, apparently. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, tanman22 said:

Unfortunately here’s the response from the embassy looks as if Aug 14th will not be happening after all! 

BE09B66A-FD4E-4DB0-A940-B7E5B74E81C3.png

They’re truly useless.

Montreal Consulate Employees: “Yeah we’re opening back up in August 14th” 

also Montreal Consulate Employees: “Just kidding, not sure where you all heard that” 

Timeline

It is heartbreaking to read their response. August 14 was so close and encouraging. I am unable to understand their hesitation to resume services in a country with less than 400 new Covid-19 cases. Canada has done a good job on Covid-19 matter.

I hope they can open up soon.

2 hours ago, Jay&Sid said:

It is heartbreaking to read their response. August 14 was so close and encouraging. I am unable to understand their hesitation to resume services in a country with less than 400 new Covid-19 cases. Canada has done a good job on Covid-19 matter.

I hope they can open up soon.

Unfortunately, Montreal has been hit harder than most of Canada, and every business/office/school is very, very, slowly reopening, or changing their model.  Montreal colleagues of mine have been informed they'll be working from home until July 2021.  Not saying it will be that long for the consulate to reopen completely, but I understand why they're proceeding very carefully at this time. 

Wishing you all the fastest resolution possible in these unprecedented times.

6 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

Unfortunately, Montreal has been hit harder than most of Canada, and every business/office/school is very, very, slowly reopening, or changing their model.  Montreal colleagues of mine have been informed they'll be working from home until July 2021.  Not saying it will be that long for the consulate to reopen completely, but I understand why they're proceeding very carefully at this time. 

Wishing you all the fastest resolution possible in these unprecedented times.

Yes, Montreal has been hit harder, but I live here and my whole department at work is back to normal (with precautions) and we are not remotely close to essential. We did our reopening in phases and by mid July we reached the point where everyone could be back in. Of course if you can tele-work, that's encouraged.

Moreover none of the embassies-consulates are open in Canada, independently of local conditions. What I have heard (this is a rumor so take it with a grain of salt) is that the majority of the US staff left Canada in March when measures started to be put in place and they haven't returned back to Canada yet (for whatever reason). I heard this from someone who knows a person with an interview at Montreal, and they said there appeared only one person was working (the interviewer) in the whole place...

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Ver&S said:

Yes, Montreal has been hit harder, but I live here and my whole department at work is back to normal (with precautions) and we are not remotely close to essential. We did our reopening in phases and by mid July we reached the point where everyone could be back in. Of course if you can tele-work, that's encouraged.

Moreover none of the embassies-consulates are open in Canada, independently of local conditions. What I have heard (this is a rumor so take it with a grain of salt) is that the majority of the US staff left Canada in March when measures started to be put in place and they haven't returned back to Canada yet (for whatever reason). I heard this from someone who knows a person with an interview at Montreal, and they said there appeared only one person was working (the interviewer) in the whole place...

"For whatever reason" is very likely the border closure. If they're not inside Canada already, it'll be up to the Canadian government to determine whether or not they're exempted from the border closure. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.