Gii

Australian Embassy Appointment Wait Times

55 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Broadford said:

@Entheos Thank you very much for the reply, was a great help! I've just started over thinking about the process and was sure I was missing something haha. But I'm all on track on my end until the embassy reopens, my fianceé is currently working on the I134, updated letter of intent and hopefully mailing out in the coming weeks.
If you don't mind me asking what grounds did have you attempted your expedition on?

Yeah, perfect!!!

So my expedite request was based around my being home to help support my Fiancée to return to work and support a US Citizen retain employment, while still providing for our family.  She has 2 daughters as well so they need care while on vacation and me being there to help look after them while she is able to return to work will be a MASSIVE stress off her.  Plus I’m currently in a position that I can drop everything and go when I’m called.  I live in Sydney too, so I don’t have any travel restrictions.... it’s just a matter of the appointment schedule.  I wasn’t certain that my ‘case’ would qualify for expedite, however I guess that it was a compelling enough reason.  Thankfully.

Timeline

Heya,

Received the docs received email on 17/6/20. We don’t really have a legitimate reason to expedite. Will just have to wait it out seems like it might take a while based on what I have read. It’s very disheartening I’m sure more so for those who have been waiting the longest.

Thanks to all who posted.

Anyone know anything about the additional  form we may or may not need to cover the not becoming a burden on the US one? I’ve seen mixed things On other threads.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 6:06 AM, MissOphelia said:

For those following, my request to expidite was approved! I have my interview next week. 

Only took them about 6 days to get back to us. Whether we get approved or not remains to be seen, but I see no reason we wouldn't be. 

So excited!

Could you tell me how you contacted them to request the expidite? Did you use the portal or an email address? Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

I just received an email that my CR-1 was approved for expedite processing due to my being pregnant. I haven't heard from the U.S. consulate in Sydney yet. Has anyone else had their case approved for expedited processing and could you tell me how long it took them to reach out and schedule an interview? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
4 hours ago, Lighthouse111 said:

I just received an email that my CR-1 was approved for expedite processing due to my being pregnant. I haven't heard from the U.S. consulate in Sydney yet. Has anyone else had their case approved for expedited processing and could you tell me how long it took them to reach out and schedule an interview? 

Same grounds my wife and I got expedited :) . So I sort of received two expedite approval emails, one on the 5th September but then another via CEAC on 11th September. My case went from 'At NVC' to 'In Transit' on the 11th September though so I think that is when they actually sent the case to Sydney Consulate. Having said that, they haven't reached out to me regarding interview scheduling yet which leads me to think they just haven't received it yet. The expedite approval email says it can take 2 weeks to get to Consulate so if you take my latter expedite approval as trigger, it's only been a week for me so far. If I haven't heard back regarding interview scheduling by mid to late next week I will be chasing up again as that seems excessively long. From hearing from others on the forum, it has been taking anything from a few days to two weeks so that should help you gauge. I doubt you'll hear back from them until they receive your case which is likely next week at earliest for you (but if you do I'll be jealous haha).

12th Mar 2019 -> I-130 Submited

1st Apr 2019 -> NOA1

16th Mar 2020 -> I-130 Approved!

12th May 2020 -> Case Received by NVC

1st June 2020 -> Paid AOS and IV fee via CEAC

1st July 2020 -> DS-261 and AOS submitted via CEAC

12th Aug 2020 -> Case Complete (Documentarily Qualified)

18th Aug 2020 -> Expedite Request Sent to NVC

11th Sept 2020 -> Expedite Request Approved

21st Sept 2020 -> Case received at Consulate

29th Sept 2020 -> Interview Appointment Email Received

1st Oct 2020 -> Medical completed in Sydney

6th Oct 2020 -> Interiew (Verbally confirmed as approved subject to receipt of medical)

12 hours ago, Botoole said:

Same grounds my wife and I got expedited :) . So I sort of received two expedite approval emails, one on the 5th September but then another via CEAC on 11th September. My case went from 'At NVC' to 'In Transit' on the 11th September though so I think that is when they actually sent the case to Sydney Consulate. Having said that, they haven't reached out to me regarding interview scheduling yet which leads me to think they just haven't received it yet. The expedite approval email says it can take 2 weeks to get to Consulate so if you take my latter expedite approval as trigger, it's only been a week for me so far. If I haven't heard back regarding interview scheduling by mid to late next week I will be chasing up again as that seems excessively long. From hearing from others on the forum, it has been taking anything from a few days to two weeks so that should help you gauge. I doubt you'll hear back from them until they receive your case which is likely next week at earliest for you (but if you do I'll be jealous haha).

Great, thank you for the response :) I'll wait until next week and give them a call just incase. Very Exciting! I noticed that the topics for expedite processing due to pregnancy are closed down as it says that this is not a valid reason. I hope this doesn't dissuade anyone from applying. It's always worth a try! We are so hopeful now! 

13 hours ago, Botoole said:

Could you tell me if you had to have a medical exam completed? I haven't had a request yet for this?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Lighthouse111 said:

Could you tell me if you had to have a medical exam completed? I haven't had a request yet for this?

No worries! Not yet - from what I understand you can't (or you'll struggle) to book your medical without having/showing your interview schedule letter. Once I get my interview scheduled I'll be booking it right away though!

12th Mar 2019 -> I-130 Submited

1st Apr 2019 -> NOA1

16th Mar 2020 -> I-130 Approved!

12th May 2020 -> Case Received by NVC

1st June 2020 -> Paid AOS and IV fee via CEAC

1st July 2020 -> DS-261 and AOS submitted via CEAC

12th Aug 2020 -> Case Complete (Documentarily Qualified)

18th Aug 2020 -> Expedite Request Sent to NVC

11th Sept 2020 -> Expedite Request Approved

21st Sept 2020 -> Case received at Consulate

29th Sept 2020 -> Interview Appointment Email Received

1st Oct 2020 -> Medical completed in Sydney

6th Oct 2020 -> Interiew (Verbally confirmed as approved subject to receipt of medical)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

What is this supposed to mean? I have an approved expedite and they told me to pay the fee and create account etc, then I email them back to get an appointment and they tell me this???

photo_2020-09-23_11-32-58.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.