BC97

Meeting up in a 3rd country

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all

My fiancée and I are thinking of meeting somewhere for a week, but struggling to figure out somewhere we can both go without a need to quarantine where it won’t cost us an exorbitant amount of money. 

The main one we are considering is Barbados, as I could fly direct from London, and she can fly from Miami (subject to a negative covid test).

Is anyone else meeting their partner or any family members in a third country where they won’t have to quarantine on return?

Ideally looking for a holiday’esque country, but only have the UK gov travel list to work with, followed by a manual check for the US!

Timeline

We're looking at Mexico.  Would have to "quarantine" when you get back to the UK, but almost no restrictions to getting into Mexico at the moment, and there are some very good deals.

You can check the IATA website for entry restrictions around the world.  https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

Otherwise heard good things about Bermuda.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

We're both flying to Mexico.  He's flying on the last and only not cancelled direct flight we could find in July from Europe to Cancun leaving out of Madrid.  We plan to stay in Playa del Carmen a while.

Edited by remotercharm

Timeline

Thanks for the responses guys, but Mexico wouldn’t be suitable as I have to return to the UK and my work has me back in the office now.

I need to find somewhere that has direct flights from anywhere in the UK to the end destination; is on the travel corridor list on the government website, and allows Americans to travel there without quarantining there or on return.

If this place doesn’t exist, that’s fine, but was wondering if anyone knew!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, BC97 said:

Thanks for the responses guys, but Mexico wouldn’t be suitable as I have to return to the UK and my work has me back in the office now.

I need to find somewhere that has direct flights from anywhere in the UK to the end destination; is on the travel corridor list on the government website, and allows Americans to travel there without quarantining there or on return.

If this place doesn’t exist, that’s fine, but was wondering if anyone knew!

Have you considered her just visiting in the UK?  Otherwise Barbados sounds lovely! That IATA link above says you'll need COVID tests but otherwise no restrictions on returning for either of you by the looks of it.

3 hours ago, BC97 said:

allows Americans to travel there without quarantining there or on return.

For US citizens, no federal law on 14-day "quarantine"; it's recommendedhttps://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/from-other-countries.html

So it's state specific: https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/2020/05/25/coronavirus-travel-restrictions-us-states-quarantine-requirements/5256975002/

Timeline
33 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Yeah she’s from Florida, so definitely going to need to quarantine! Appreciate you looking into that :)

Timeline
3 hours ago, Jessica & Karl said:

Have you considered her just visiting in the UK?  Otherwise Barbados sounds lovely! That IATA link above says you'll need COVID tests but otherwise no restrictions on returning for either of you by the looks of it.

We have, just she’s conscious that she’ll be constrained to the house/garden here, then will have to quarantine at home so it’s 4 weeks of no work, as she works in a restaurant!

Timeline

belarus is not restricted to either country i believe. she wouldn't have to quarantine when she returns as it is not part of the Schengen zone. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Jessica & Karl said:

Have you considered her just visiting in the UK? 

Wouldn’t she have to quarantine somewhere other than my house for 14 days? Especially given that’s it’s referred to as self isolation? Does anybody know how this is supposed to work?

Timeline
2 hours ago, BC97 said:

Wouldn’t she have to quarantine somewhere other than my house for 14 days? Especially given that’s it’s referred to as self isolation? Does anybody know how this is supposed to work?

Jessica (USC) is here now, "quarantining" at my place.  They just asked her to fill out a form and give an address and phone number to contact her on.  It's been a week so far, no call, no visit, nothing.  Also self isolation is just keep away from busy places, you can still go for walks (socially distant of course), maybe even a picnic to a nice quiet park or something.  We are going to a drive-in cinema this weekend, isolating in the car.  I hope that helps and you get to see your fiance soon!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jessica & Karl said:

Jessica (USC) is here now, "quarantining" at my place.  They just asked her to fill out a form and give an address and phone number to contact her on.  It's been a week so far, no call, no visit, nothing.  Also self isolation is just keep away from busy places, you can still go for walks (socially distant of course), maybe even a picnic to a nice quiet park or something.  We are going to a drive-in cinema this weekend, isolating in the car.  I hope that helps and you get to see your fiance soon!

I read on the gov.uk website that you are not supposed to leave your house or flat, even to get groceries, unless you can prove that you can't get groceries or medication delivered for some reason.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.