BC97

Meeting up in a 3rd country

34 posts in this topic

On 7/16/2020 at 11:04 AM, Jessica & Karl said:

Jessica (USC) is here now, "quarantining" at my place.  They just asked her to fill out a form and give an address and phone number to contact her on.  It's been a week so far, no call, no visit, nothing.  Also self isolation is just keep away from busy places, you can still go for walks (socially distant of course), maybe even a picnic to a nice quiet park or something.  We are going to a drive-in cinema this weekend, isolating in the car.  I hope that helps and you get to see your fiance soon!

What kind of questions were asked at the border? My missus is coming in the next few days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 minutes ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

What kind of questions were asked at the border? My missus is coming in the next few days.

They only asked for her quarantine form, checked a few details, who she was visiting, how long was she visiting and purpose of the visit.  She said she was visiting her fiance. No real trouble at all.

Oh and just in case here is the link for the form and details, you can only fill it out 48 hours before travel. https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk.  She said there were lots of folks on the plane that didn't have the form and were struggling to complete it on their phones in the queue.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
On 8/1/2020 at 9:58 AM, Jessica & Karl said:

@remotercharm I was just wondering if you managed to get travel insurance for Mexico and your following visit to the US.  All the insurance companies I've used before or even new ones I've checked are not offering any cover to countries that the FCO "advises against all but essential international travel" (both Mexico and the US).  I hope your trip is going well and no more murder or montezuma issues :)

He (the Scottish person) is using Seven Corners which covers covid even with restrictions.  My US insurance covers emergencies abroad. Don’t think it’s affected by covid but not sure. 

We are having an amazing time!

CE2B407C-C872-4D41-9DE6-BB56B0E91E77.jpeg

Edited by remotercharm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.