Maria Donna

Visa status from Ready to Issued

29 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Maria Donna said:

I emailed NVCExpedite@state.gov. I included my name (beneficiary) my case number, my petitioner's name and then I stated the reasons. It's just like writing a normal letter of request. No format or anything like that. Just try to be as formal as possible. :) God bless!

Got it but I am curious on what are the valid reasons that NVC will consider to approve the expedite request. Would be possible if you let us know what reasons you stated on your request? So we have an idea. Thank you! ☺️☺️☺️

33 minutes ago, RhejSunday said:

Got it but I am curious on what are the valid reasons that NVC will consider to approve the expedite request. Would be possible if you let us know what reasons you stated on your request? So we have an idea. Thank you! ☺️☺️☺️

Financial hardship is a big one. Maybe it's to hard to maintain 2 households.

This thread is really amazing.

Maria Donna claims she was DQ'd. Then she requested an expedite. The expedite was approved. Then she scheduled her medical. She simply showed a printout of her expedite acceptance letter. After the medical she emailed the embassy and told them her medical was complete. In 2 days the embassy wrote her back and scheduled an interview even though all interviews have been canceled until July 31st.

One question @Maria Donna, what email address did you send to to inform the embassy your medical was complete? What exactly did you say? Also when did your status change from "At NVC" to "ready"? After the expedite was approved?

Edited by TVC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
32 minutes ago, TVC said:

In 2 days the embassy wrote her back and scheduled an interview even though all interviews have been canceled until July 31st.

Consulate has always been open to emergent situations.   Routine visa services are what have been canceled.

YMMV

23 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Consulate has always been open to emergent situations.   Routine visa services are what have been canceled.

If I followed Maria Donna's lead and my wife and stepson got the medical done now with an expedite email what do you think the chances are the medical would expire before they get an interview?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
38 minutes ago, TVC said:

If I followed Maria Donna's lead and my wife and stepson got the medical done now with an expedite email what do you think the chances are the medical would expire before they get an interview?

Uncharted water.  

YMMV

7 hours ago, TVC said:

This thread is really amazing.

Maria Donna claims she was DQ'd. Then she requested an expedite. The expedite was approved. Then she scheduled her medical. She simply showed a printout of her expedite acceptance letter. After the medical she emailed the embassy and told them her medical was complete. In 2 days the embassy wrote her back and scheduled an interview even though all interviews have been canceled until July 31st.

One question @Maria Donna, what email address did you send to to inform the embassy your medical was complete? What exactly did you say? Also when did your status change from "At NVC" to "ready"? After the expedite was approved?

Hi! Thank you. Yes, I sent the email to IVManilaReplies@state.gov and I can't remember how many times I sent them an email, but I did it a few times after I'm done with my medical. (Immediately after) And, yeah, the USEM called me two days after. :)

Also, I can't remember exactly, but by June 15, 2020 our case was READY. Our expedite request was approved around May 29th.

I suggest you to do the same thing so you'll be with your loved ones sooner!

4 hours ago, HulkySun said:

If I understand correctly,  its the beneficiary who wrote saying financial hardship?  and if they approved the expedite, is it possible red flag that the interviewer would scrutinize more at the petitioners finances ?  Or not?

Hi, I did not include financial hardship as a reason to expedite. But one of them is because my husband has depression and so I need to be there with him ASAP.

On 7/14/2020 at 6:15 PM, AlaMike said:

Must be a select few. I have checked the website and it still shows "no interviews available". We are K1 also.

This is a surprise to me also. You just don't know what's going on over there as you read one thing and then one can read a contradictory article.

Well I have given up going there from America as I would be in double quarantine. 2 weeks when I get there and 2 weeks when I get to her province if I even went to her province.

She's a big girl and she can fly to America on her own after the interview and visa issuance and I will meet her in Boise Idaho.

Does the USEM only do expedite cases after being DQ'd? We tried asking them if they can accept our i-130 petition but we didn't even get past the call center. 

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

I'm asking for my son whose a k-2 derivative, they embassy scheduled his interview on December 14. And he hasn't done his medical exam yet.. How long did it take for you guys to get the medical exam result? 

Edited by Filipinamilso♥

On 11/28/2020 at 12:01 PM, Filipinamilso♥ said:

I'm asking for my son whose a k-2 derivative, they embassy scheduled his interview on December 14. And he hasn't done his medical exam yet.. How long did it take for you guys to get the medical exam result? 

Hi there, the medical exam will take 1 to 2 days, but for me i just completed mine for 1 day only. The medical results will be released on the same day you finish the medical. If i were you, schedule an appointment at St. Lukes as soon as possible. We might never know what may happen on the medical results. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.