Maria Donna

Visa status from Ready to Issued

29 posts in this topic

Hello, everyone.

I just had my interview done yesterday (July 13, 2020) at US Embassy Manila. I was approved but my visa status is still Ready and not Issued. 

Everyone else who had their interview and was told they're approved saw their visa status changed to Issued right after their interview.

I want to know why it's like this for me and if someone who was recently interviewed had the same experience? Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Maria Donna said:

Hello, everyone.

I just had my interview done yesterday (July 13, 2020) at US Embassy Manila. I was approved but my visa status is still Ready and not Issued. 

Everyone else who had their interview and was told they're approved saw their visa status changed to Issued right after their interview.

I want to know why it's like this for me and if someone who was recently interviewed had the same experience? Thanks!

Sometimes a week or more

YMMV

40 minutes ago, AlaMike said:

Is the Embassy doing interview now? When did you schedule yours?  

Yes, they are. I believe they are doing CR1/CR2 and IR1/IR2 visa interviews. The US Embassy called me up after I emailed them when I got why medical exam done. (Medical exam was July 6th, they called me on July 8th and scheduled me for interview on the 13th)

43 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Sometimes a week or more

Were you recently interviewed?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, AlaMike said:

Must be a select few. I have checked the website and it still shows "no interviews available". We are K1 also.

K1s have not been deemed to be mission critical,  spouse visas have.  

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

K1s have not been deemed to be mission critical,  spouse visas have.  

Always the bridemaid...never the bride. Go figure.

8 hours ago, Maria Donna said:

Yes, they are. I believe they are doing CR1/CR2 and IR1/IR2 visa interviews. The US Embassy called me up after I emailed them when I got why medical exam done. (Medical exam was July 6th, they called me on July 8th and scheduled me for interview on the 13th)

Hi Maria Donna, just wanna ask if you got an interview date (email notification from NVC) before you did your medical exam at St. Lukes? St. Lukes requiring an interview date before you can do the medical right? Or we can schedule an appointment In St. Lukes even there is no interview date yet from NVC? Your response will be helpful to us. Thank you. ☺️

7 hours ago, RhejSunday said:

Hi Maria Donna, just wanna ask if you got an interview date (email notification from NVC) before you did your medical exam at St. Lukes? St. Lukes requiring an interview date before you can do the medical right? Or we can schedule an appointment In St. Lukes even there is no interview date yet from NVC? Your response will be helpful to us. Thank you. ☺️

Hello! We have emailed NVC to request expedite and they approved it! After that I registered online at SLEC's website and did my medical. :)

47 minutes ago, Maria Donna said:

Hello! We have emailed NVC to request expedite and they approved it! After that I registered online at SLEC's website and did my medical. :)

How did you register for the medical without an interview date. What did you show St. Lukes?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 hours ago, Maria Donna said:

Hello, everyone.

Processing times after the interview can be a couple weeks to a month before ISSUED status.    Those that change to ISSUED right after the interview are the exception, not the rule.

patience ..

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, Maria Donna said:

Thank you for your response Ms. Donna, however just wanna ask if anyone can request expedite to NVC? How did you send the email to NVC? Can you provide a sample? I would love to know how you did it. Maybe I can do the same thing. Thank you so much. ☺️☺️☺️

34 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Processing times after the interview can be a couple weeks to a month before ISSUED status.    Those that change to ISSUED right after the interview are the exception, not the rule.

patience ..

I was just a little worried because everyone else who got interviewed recently had their status change IMMEDIATELY. :(

12 minutes ago, RhejSunday said:

Thank you for your response Ms. Donna, however just wanna ask if anyone can request expedite to NVC? How did you send the email to NVC? Can you provide a sample? I would love to know how you did it. Maybe I can do the same thing. Thank you so much. ☺️☺️☺️

I emailed NVCExpedite@state.gov. I included my name (beneficiary) my case number, my petitioner's name and then I stated the reasons. It's just like writing a normal letter of request. No format or anything like that. Just try to be as formal as possible. :) God bless!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.