Btrejo

Worried about interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi, I understand with whole pandemic there hasn't been interviews, other than expedited petitions. I was in Mexico from March 10 to the June 4. During this time, I was notified in April about NVC approving all documents for my husband's case. My mother has been picking up my mail. However, when I came back I did not receive most of my mail due to her misplacing them. Can someone please get me out of this doubt I have been having, I am worried since April my husband's interview letter came but is now missing or will they be sending an email? The 3 month waiting period is up this month! Please tell me what I need to do to make sure my case isn't automatically denied.

Edited by Btrejo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Check your case status out at the old and new USCIS sites to see if there are any updates to your case. If the schedule you interview it would mention that the notice was sent, and when. It's not 100%, but it would give you an idea of there has been any movement. Then maybe a phone call to see if they sent any notice you might have missed.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

They don't send interview appointments by mail. It is an email with details from the Embassy or sometimes even a call followed by an email. It is addressed to the beneficiary not the petitioner. Don't worry.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, Btrejo said:

The 3 month waiting period is up this month!

There's no set waiting period after NVC is finished with your case, it is country-specific, and the consulate that does all spousal visa interviews in Mexico (CJ) is backed up normally, 3-4 months minimum.  With the pandemic and no visa interviews taking place for more than three months, and because most consulates are still closed for everything but emergency services for US citizens abroad, there's a big backlog of people ahead of you.  So the wait time for a visa interview will be even longer, I would guess it will be 6-12 months before you get an interview email.  So try not to stress, be patient, and hopefully everything will work out eventually for you.  Good luck!

Edited by carmel34

Timeline
On 7/2/2020 at 11:49 PM, Btrejo said:

Hi, I understand with whole pandemic there hasn't been interviews, other than expedited petitions. I was in Mexico from March 10 to the June 4. During this time, I was notified in April about NVC approving all documents for my husband's case. My mother has been picking up my mail. However, when I came back I did not receive most of my mail due to her misplacing them. Can someone please get me out of this doubt I have been having, I am worried since April my husband's interview letter came but is now missing or will they be sending an email? The 3 month waiting period is up this month! Please tell me what I need to do to make sure my case isn't automatically denied.

9 hours ago, GonzalezVal said:

Btrejo,

My husbands case was reviewed and approved in Juarez on March 23, 2020. To date we have not received an appointment for his interview. 

Hey There! 

The time frame to get an appointment for a IR1/CR1 visa interview in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, before the pandemic, was around 11-12 months, not 3 months, sorry about that.

I can tell because we had our documents approved by the NVC in May 15, 2019 and our interview was programmed for April 17, 2020 (11 months) but it was cancelled due to the pandemic and so far we haven’t gotten a new date.

Have a lot of patience! 

Timeline

Thank you so much for the information everyone! I will try not to stress about it! This part of the process is so difficult because we are super close to the end game it's nerve wracking 🙈😅

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Don’t expect your interview letter so soon, I’ve been in queque since august 2019.  For an IR1. Unless you have grounds on which to expedite your case you have a long way to go still

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.