Jump to content
kinanci

NOA 2 on CR1 and WON the DV Lottery

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi All,

 

I'm so confused right now. My CR1 process already on NOA2 stage, and I won the DV Lottery.

I want to focus for the DV first, because:

 

1. my husband was leaving in Indonesia for almost 2 years, therefore we need joint sponsor to meet the minimum income requirements. So, if I process the DV I dont have to burdening my brother in law for being my sponsor.

2. time to submit DS 260 for DV is only untill September 2020, while I have more time for submit the DS 260 for CR 1 untill May 2021. So, its not kinda wasting what I already Won.

 

But since all the issue about the DV 2021 lately, just made me confused.  What you guys think? What should I do next?

 

Thank You.

Edited by kinanci

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

**Moved from Off Topic to Diversity Lottery Visas**


03639.png     

 🇷🇺  CR-1 via DCF in Moscow* (Dec 2016-Jun 2017) 🇺🇸 Info about my DCF experience here and here

Spoiler

26-Jul-2016: Married abroad in Russia (USC + Russian husband) 👩‍❤️‍👨
21-Dec-2016: I-130 filed at Moscow USCIS field office*
29-Dec-2016: I-130 approved! Yay! 🎊 

17-Jan-2017: Case number received

21-Mar-2017: Medical Exam completed

24-Mar-2017: Interview at Embassy - approved! 🎉

29-Mar-2017: CR-1 Visa received (via mail)

02-Apr-2017: USCIS Immigrant (GC) Fee paid

28-Jun-2017: Port of Entry @ PDX 🛩️

21-Jul-2017: No SSN after three weeks; applied in person at the SSA

22-Jul-2017: GC arrived in the mail 📬

31-Jul-2017: SSN arrived via mail, hurrah!

 

*NOTE: The USCIS Field Office in Moscow is now CLOSED.

 

I-90 GC Replacment (for Erroneous GC)

22-Jul-2017: GC arrives in the mail – error in middle name 😕

01-Aug-2017: Sent in I-90 online via website

05-Aug-2017: Biometrics scheduled

23-Aug-2017: Biometrics done @ USCIS office; told to keep GC!

16-Jul-2018: RFE for original card!! 🤬

31-Jul-2018: USCIS Appointment at local field office..

22-Aug-2018: Mailed GC back to USCIS in response to RFE

29-Aug-2018: GC received by USCIS

17-Sep-2018: Received CORRECTED GC in the mail! Finally!! 😂

 

📑 I-751 Removal of Conditions (Apr 2019-Oct 2019) 📝 Filed via mail, processed by MSC & passed interview

Spoiler

28-Jun-2019: Conditional GC expires

30-Mar-2019: Eligible to apply for ROC

01-Apr-2019: ROC in the mail to Phoenix AZ lockbox! 📫

03-Apr-2019: ROC packet delivered to lockbox

09-Apr-2019: USCIS cashed check

09-Apr-2019: Case number received via text - MSC 📲

12-Apr-2019: Extension letter arrives via mail

19-Apr-2019: Biometrics letter arrives via mail

30-Apr-2019: Biometrics appointment at local office

26-Jun-2019: Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

04-Sep-2019: Interview was scheduled - letter to arrive in mail

09-Sep-2019: Interview letter arrived in the mail! ✉️

17-Oct-2019: Interview scheduled @ local USCIS  

18-Oct-2019: Interview cancelled & notice ordered*

18-Oct-2019: Case was approved! 🎉

22-Oct-2019: Card was mailed to me 📨

23-Oct-2019: Card was picked by USPS 

25-Oct-2019: 10 year GC Card received in mail 📬

 

*I don't understand this status because we DID have an interview!

 

🇺🇸 N-400 Application for Naturalization (Mar 2020-????) 🛂 Online filers note: Use INTERNET EXPLORER! Other browsers may not work!

Spoiler

30-Mar-2020: N-400 early filing window opens!

01-Apr-2020: Filed N-400 online 💻 

02-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received online 📃

07-Apr-2020: NOA 1 - Receipt No. received via mail

05-May-2020: Application transferred to another USCIS field office for review*

16-Jul-2020: Filed Non-Delivery of Notice online**

??-???-????: TBA... 

 

*NOTE: Moved to another state in May.

**NOTE: Did not receive Change of Address confirmation by mail

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kinanci said:

Hi All,

 

I'm so confused right now. My CR1 process already on NOA2 stage, and I won the DV Lottery.

I want to focus for the DV first, because:

 

1. my husband was leaving in Indonesia for almost 2 years, therefore we need joint sponsor to meet the minimum income requirements. So, if I process the DV I dont have to burdening my brother in law for being my sponsor.

2. time to submit DS 260 for DV is only untill September 2020, while I have more time for submit the DS 260 for CR 1 untill May 2021. So, its not kinda wasting what I already Won.

 

But since all the issue about the DV 2021 lately, just made me confused.  What you guys think? What should I do next?

 

Thank You.

for what i know

if you are in the States right now, you can file adjustment of status, the issue is for people who is outside the USA and people with no valid visa


Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

http://www.mohdsaeed.ae

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, kinanci said:

Hi All,

 

I'm so confused right now. My CR1 process already on NOA2 stage, and I won the DV Lottery.

I want to focus for the DV first, because:

 

1. my husband was leaving in Indonesia for almost 2 years, therefore we need joint sponsor to meet the minimum income requirements. So, if I process the DV I dont have to burdening my brother in law for being my sponsor.

2. time to submit DS 260 for DV is only untill September 2020, while I have more time for submit the DS 260 for CR 1 untill May 2021. So, its not kinda wasting what I already Won.

 

But since all the issue about the DV 2021 lately, just made me confused.  What you guys think? What should I do next?

 

Thank You.

Can you clarify - your usc husband has been living in Indonesia? You are both still there or did he move back already? 

 

1. You wouldn’t have to ask your brother in law to sign an i864 if you choose DV, however, you still need to overcome public charge. Depending on exactly what you do, you might be able to do this entirely on your own, or get your BIL to sign an i134 - a less onerous and less enforceable affidavit.

 

2. That is not correct about September 2020 - you can submit anytime, though the practicality of the process means you should submit by April/May 2021 at the latest to be in time to get an interview scheduled by September 2021. What is your case number (with region and blanking out last 2-3 digits, example AS12xxx)? (I am assuming you are Dv2021 - if you are actually dv2020 it’s too late to process from outside the US anyway, even without  the ban, and CR1 is your only option)

 

As you know right now DV is banned till year end. Who knows what happens after that. 
 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2020 at 3:57 AM, SusieQQQ said:

Can you clarify - your usc husband has been living in Indonesia? You are both still there or did he move back already? 

 

1. You wouldn’t have to ask your brother in law to sign an i864 if you choose DV, however, you still need to overcome public charge. Depending on exactly what you do, you might be able to do this entirely on your own, or get your BIL to sign an i134 - a less onerous and less enforceable affidavit.

 

2. That is not correct about September 2020 - you can submit anytime, though the practicality of the process means you should submit by April/May 2021 at the latest to be in time to get an interview scheduled by September 2021. What is your case number (with region and blanking out last 2-3 digits, example AS12xxx)? (I am assuming you are Dv2021 - if you are actually dv2020 it’s too late to process from outside the US anyway, even without  the ban, and CR1 is your only option)

 

As you know right now DV is banned till year end. Who knows what happens after that. 
 

 

hello, 

yeah my husband now already move back to USA 6 months  ago

 

1. so If there is a year lets say on 2018 his income didnt meet the requirments (because he was leaving in indonesia) so i just need to  sign i134, instead of asking my brother in law to be my joint sponsor?

2. yeah im DV 2021, my case number is as29xxx. 

 

yeah I know about DV banned, but I hope there is a miracle for this.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kinanci said:

 

hello, 

yeah my husband now already move back to USA 6 months  ago

 

1. so If there is a year lets say on 2018 his income didnt meet the requirments (because he was leaving in indonesia) so i just need to  sign i134, instead of asking my brother in law to be my joint sponsor?

2. yeah im DV 2021, my case number is as29xxx. 

 

yeah I know about DV banned, but I hope there is a miracle for this.... 

well, DV is only banned till year end so it doesn’t need a miracle. 
 

1. I’m not sure if you are clear on this.  If you have a decent education/job/income etc on your own, then you can demonstrate through those that you will not be a public charge. If the consulate is satisfied with that then you won’t need an affidavit of support. If they are not satisfied with your ability  to support yourself, then you will need an I134 affidavit of support from someone. The I134 is only for DV. (If you follow the CR route, a I864 is required.) The I134 is not something you sign, it will have to be completed by a US citizen or permanent resident.

 

2. Ok so that’s a relatively high number and with the first 3 months of the fiscal year banned, you probably wouldn’t have a DV interview early in 2021 (I’d think probably somewhere around mid year, though no one can really say anythjng with much certainty about timing at the moment. But it won’t be early.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...