2,967 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, June1888 said:

Good morning everyone:

Can we Vawa filers file for unemployment while waiting for our 485 approval? If yes, would that affect the 485 approval?

Thanks!

Not so sure on this issue..but I believe you have to be a permanent resident to get that benefit. Other public assistance will not affect you as we know VAWA petitioners are exempt from the public charge rule!👍

46 minutes ago, June1888 said:

Good morning everyone:

Can we Vawa filers file for unemployment while waiting for our 485 approval? If yes, would that affect the 485 approval?

Thanks!

Also please note that while unemployment benefit is not a public charge..some states might require that you are at least an LPR(not confirmed absolutely) but it will not affect your i485..ultimately VAWA petitioners like I said earlier are exempt from public charge rule. Generally one can only receive this benefit only if they qualify.👌

20 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Also please note that while unemployment benefit is not a public charge..some states might require that you are at least an LPR(not confirmed absolutely) but it will not affect your i485..ultimately VAWA petitioners like I said earlier are exempt from public charge rule. Generally one can only receive this benefit only if they qualify.👌

Thank you @Stillwinning!!!😊 I found some info online and it appears that there are public benefits that we can apply to. But a prima facie is needed. I never received one. Actually my lawyer once mentioned that it was not necessary to receive one to get the 360 approved. My 360 was approved and they never sent us a prima facie. Are you aware of how to obtain a prima facie at this point after the I360 is approved?

Thank you  :)

1 hour ago, June1888 said:

Thank you @Stillwinning!!!😊 I found some info online and it appears that there are public benefits that we can apply to. But a prima facie is needed. I never received one. Actually my lawyer once mentioned that it was not necessary to receive one to get the 360 approved. My 360 was approved and they never sent us a prima facie. Are you aware of how to obtain a prima facie at this point after the I360 is approved?

Thank you  :)

Prima facie receipt stops the moment your petition is approved. If you probably have a more recent one you may use it. For example my prima facie was valid long after my VAWA was approved..but I believe your approval letter speaks louder!💁

Thanks to the advice of many of you here specially @onek and @Stillwinning!!!😊, I have been more proactive depending less on my attorney.

Here's an update on my EAD:

Response from Vermont on Aug 28 through senator's office:

image.png.a0f75d017d535d3cfedc9a1707d5299a.png

My response to Senator's office on the same day:

image.png.a4ea618b64153d94bfb7fe5705482276.png

Today from Vermont:

image.png.d2dfb42acfbebbe85669187e1d4f02fc.png

Note how the senator's inquiry was made on September 3 and Vermont replied the next day (today, September 4). I am shocked, how fast!

4 minutes ago, June1888 said:

Thanks to the advice of many of you here specially @onek and @Stillwinning!!!😊, I have been more proactive depending less on my attorney.

Today from Vermont:

Note how the senator's inquiry was made on September 3 and Vermont replied the next day (today, September 4). I am shocked, how fast!

You go girl!👏 moving along!😀 soon soon!

13 hours ago, Ms. Lopez said:

Hello fellow VAWA friends... 
Please help me figure out what this means? 

A little bit about my time line.. 

April 2019 applied for VAWA 

May 2019 Biometrics

August 2019 My EAC arrived 

Aug 2020 Approval of i360

Aug 2020 Approval of i765 renewal work permit  

In Las Vegas Area

496C5858-B3B4-43D5-89ED-90E32EF7CC3A.jpeg

Congratulations. Hope I will get mine soon. I filed mine in April too. 

Hi my friends ,

I got I-485 interview notice  from houston TX 
I am so excited about that and forget what type document I have to ready .

the notice just let me ready below document,

what other else document I have to ready ?

can I get some tip for interview ?

Passports,  

I-94 documents, 

EAD, 

DL, 

Marriage Certificate, 

Birth Certificate for me and my children. Income tax, 

2 months payroll 

Employment letter, 

All my USCIS receipt

I-360 approved notice and I-485 transferred notice 

all my proof of abuse, 

Medical I-693, 

Photos, 

Bills, 

House closing document 

From uscis —————quote—————-

• This Interview Notice and your Government issued photo identification.
• A completed medical examination (Form [-693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope (unless already submitted).
• A completed Affidavit(s) of Support (Form 1-864) with all required evidence, including the following, for each of your
spensors (unless already submitted):
o Federal Income Tax returns and W-2's, or certified IRS printouts, for the most recent tax year;
o Letters from each current employer, verifying current rate of pay and average weekly hours, and pay stubs for the
past 2 months;
o Evidence of your sponsor's and/or co-sponsor's United States Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status.
• All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status.
• Any immigration-related documentation ever issued to you, including any Employment Authorization Document (EAD) and
any Authorization for Advance Parole (Form 1-512).
• All travel documents used to enter the United States, including Passports, Advance Parole documents (1-512) and 1-94s
(Arrival/Departure Document).

—quote———-

Houston tx 

9/14/2020 interview date 
9/3/2020 got interview notice 

8/25/2020 sent interview notice from houston 

8/21/2019 transferred to NBC 
8/21/2019 approved I-360 
3/22/2018 sent I-485 and I-765

1/8/2018 I-360 PD date 

8 hours ago, June1888 said:

Good morning everyone:

Thanks!

Uh, maybe, I'd imagine it depends on state law. I was able to get unemployment in New York as a DACA recipient.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

6 minutes ago, Demise said:

Uh, maybe, I'd imagine it depends on state law. I was able to get unemployment in New York as a DACA recipient.

Unemployment is base on the amount of earning you have accumulate with your employment and just need to have a valid working permit and Social security number. 

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
3 hours ago, June1888 said:

Today from Vermont:

Senators have authority and their requests are taken seriously. I am glad you were able to get quick response.  
Stay proactive on your case and before you know it, you will be a citizen :dance:

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

1 hour ago, Claudia16049 said:

Hi my friends ,

I got I-485 interview notice  from houston TX 
I am so excited about that and forget what type document I have to ready .

the notice just let me ready below document,

what other else document I have to ready ?

can I get some tip for interview ?

Passports,  

I-94 documents, 

EAD, 

DL, 

Marriage Certificate, 

Birth Certificate for me and my children. Income tax, 

2 months payroll 

Employment letter, 

All my USCIS receipt

I-360 approved notice and I-485 transferred notice 

all my proof of abuse, 

Medical I-693, 

Photos, 

Bills, 

House closing document 

From uscis —————quote—————-

• This Interview Notice and your Government issued photo identification.
• A completed medical examination (Form [-693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope (unless already submitted).
• A completed Affidavit(s) of Support (Form 1-864) with all required evidence, including the following, for each of your
spensors (unless already submitted):
o Federal Income Tax returns and W-2's, or certified IRS printouts, for the most recent tax year;
o Letters from each current employer, verifying current rate of pay and average weekly hours, and pay stubs for the
past 2 months;
o Evidence of your sponsor's and/or co-sponsor's United States Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status.
• All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status.
• Any immigration-related documentation ever issued to you, including any Employment Authorization Document (EAD) and
any Authorization for Advance Parole (Form 1-512).
• All travel documents used to enter the United States, including Passports, Advance Parole documents (1-512) and 1-94s
(Arrival/Departure Document).

—quote———-

Houston tx 

9/14/2020 interview date 
9/3/2020 got interview notice 

8/25/2020 sent interview notice from houston 

8/21/2019 transferred to NBC 
8/21/2019 approved I-360 
3/22/2018 sent I-485 and I-765

1/8/2018 I-360 PD date 

Congratulations dear.🌟😀 The interview experience is different for everyone..the officer is expected to focus on i485 yes or no questions..confirm your name..date of birth etc. Some officers want to ask questions on the abuse as reported by folks here..the officer I had(God bless him) was a total gentleman and focused on the yes or no questions on the i485 form. Just go prepared..be confident. The originals of the docs you listed above is needed. I wish you heavens best!😊👍

16 hours ago, Ms. Lopez said:

Hello fellow VAWA friends... 
Please help me figure out what this means? 

A little bit about my time line.. 

April 2019 applied for VAWA 

May 2019 Biometrics

August 2019 My EAC arrived 

Aug 2020 Approval of i360

Aug 2020 Approval of i765 renewal work permit  

In Las Vegas Area

496C5858-B3B4-43D5-89ED-90E32EF7CC3A.jpeg

Oh wow! I’m an April filler too.

So awesome to see April 2019 approval! Yay! Congratulations!!!🎉🎉🎉

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.