2,967 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 hours ago, Gi Gi said:

Lol! Not contested meaning we have no assets or children together. I know he’s not signing it so will it be contested? 

Yeah well something like that, and want to split stuff up or basically make it a harder decision instead of just ending things and leaving. (Which my ex wife wanted to do, but my judge was a nice guy and he put her in her place)

10 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

Qualifying for financial aid has no relevance on the tuition fee rate you pay.  You will have to check with their in state qualifications.  PF, pending VAWA, and approved VAWA does not meet criteria for in state tuition fees.  They will charge you out of state fees until you have your GC.

To qualify for instate tuition you need to show the college that you live in that state, that can be done by providing a current lease agreement driver license and bills like i mentioned earlier 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hey guys, i hope y'all are doing great today. My VAWA (i-360) was approved on November 27th, 2019. A few minutes ago, I just received an update on my I-485 greencard application which had been placed on hold since 2017. The update says "request for additional evidence". What possible additional evidence on my i-485 (greencard) application could USCIS be looking for at this time when my VAWA is already approved? This is getting me nervous. I guess the only way of knowing is to wait and see what the request is asking for. I am getting anxious. Really

4 minutes ago, Kersac said:

Hey guys, i hope y'all are doing great today. My VAWA (i-360) was approved on November 27th, 2019. A few minutes ago, I just received an update on my I-485 greencard application which had been placed on hold since 2017. The update says "request for additional evidence". What possible additional evidence on my i-485 (greencard) application could USCIS be looking for at this time when my VAWA is already approved? This is getting me nervous. I guess the only way of knowing is to wait and see what the request is asking for. I am getting anxious. Really

For most people here, it turns out to be birth certificate. But hey keep us posted..all the best dear.😊👍

Edited by Stillwinning!!!😊

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

For most people here, it turns out to be birth certificate. But hey keep us posted..all the best dear.😊👍

Thanks. I will most definitely keep y'all posted. I am pretty sure I will receive it before saturday.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello everyone

Today I received update for my I-485 as shown in below screenshot; 

image.png.3cf799858caf65a45b5d0689a11e0c51.png

Anyone has idea, what it does mean? I have included my birth certificate with I-485 application packet. 

What else can they ask me for; Medical exam report? 

Thanks

45 minutes ago, Kersac said:

Probably a birth certificate. RFe for birth certificates on I485 are common

4 minutes ago, shayona said:

Hello everyone

Anyone has idea, what it does mean? I have included my birth certificate with I-485 application packet. 

Thanks

Birth certificate in most cases. They might have misplaced it.. it could be medicals too. Keep us posted

21 minutes ago, shayona said:

Hello everyone

Thanks

Don't get worried now, it's most likely the birth certificate like I told Kersac. Still keep us posted honey.😘😊

Filed: Other Timeline
Just now, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Don't get worried now, it's most likely the birth certificate like I told Kersac. Still keep us posted honey.😘😊

Thank you so much Dear :)

Good afternoon guys,

I received my transfer notice on Friday and this morning  I got and email that they send an RFE requests on my I-485. My lawyer requested an address change when she put in to renew my EAD in January and the new address was also on my i-360, they sent the EAD at the lawyer office address but after that they sending everything to my old address eventhough I updated it myself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.