2,967 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ana FL said:

Just saw that a letter from Vermont is coming today. Usps informed delivery. 
checked all my cases online and no updates, no RFE on my I-360 still pending, got my NOA for my combo card renewal last month... 

anxiety is through the roof.!!! I know there is nothing to do but wait. Just needed a place to vent!! 

I have the same exact thing here. 
I don’t know what it is. A little bit nervous.

Did you get your Prima facie?

Im thinking maybe it is. Or...they messed up again something. 
All cases have not any updates🧐

Edited by HolaBola31

3 minutes ago, Oskar1234 said:

Guys, do you know please, how long it takes from I-360 "New card is being produced" until "Case is approved" or "Card is mailed"???

It passed 10 since "New card is produced".

Does somebody know?

Thank you

The timeframe keeps changing from time to time..but here's my experience..card produced March 28 2019, approval update April 26 2019. Got the card 4th of April 2019 though. Probably different these days..💁

16 minutes ago, cindy122808 said:

Hi beautiful people! I already have on hand my c09 combo card and c31 ead card as well. The c31 doesn't have the advance parole. Is it okay to use the c09 when I travel outside the US? :)

Most definitely! The C31 doesn't come as a combo card. So yeah..by all means use the C09 combo card!😊👍

18 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

1) VSC

2) Your i485 is pending so at the interview, ask for it to be held in abeyance pending when your i360 is decided.

3) Your subsequent EAD renewals will go to VSC and to the best of my knowledge will not affect your i485! Why should it though?💁

Thank you, Stillwinning. What if I file a new I-485, while having the old I-485 pending? how does that work? Like can I have two I-485 pending?
I’m afraid my spouse will withdraw her I-130, and my Old I-485 will get cancelled. . 

3 minutes ago, CrashBandicoot said:

Thank you, Stillwinning. What if I file a new I-485, while having the old I-485 pending? how does that work? Like can I have two I-485 pending?
I’m afraid my spouse will withdraw her I-130, and my Old I-485 will get cancelled. . 

You shouldn't have two i485 pending! One will be denied. Best wait to go for your interview and ask for it to be linked. Worst case scenario if your i485 is cancelled courtesy of your spouse, then file a new one. It's not a tough one. Just that simple.😊👍

On 8/11/2020 at 1:50 PM, sandranj said:

If your spouse is a U.S Citizen you can apply for naturalization after 3 years, if he/she is a green card holder you have to wait 5 years.Yes the GC is valid for 10 years.

Thank you for the quick response. I was finally able to reach my lawyer and my case was just mailed out. I also took a second opinion and my case looks good. The panic is over.  Waiting with grace :)

7 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

With such a beautiful mindset, blessings aren't far away...keep holding on, things are beginning to pick up! I hope you doing ok though..been a while!😀😘

Yeah I'm doing fine, taking it one step at a time. 

5 hours ago, Demise said:

Could be a "We reused old biometrics" notice.

Ohhh my gosh that is what is was! Just saying I don’t need another biometrics appointment!!

5 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Dear Ana, try as much as you can to mute the anxiety. I totally understand how you feel..had my own fair share of those..but we have to keep it together for health reasons. It can really be anything..keep us updated when you get it!😘😊👍

Thank you. It was a stressful day, turns out it was just a notice to let me know they will be using my old biometrics for EAD!! Going for a walk on the beach now to decompress!! Thank you!

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

4 hours ago, HolaBola31 said:

I have the same exact thing here. 
I don’t know what it is. A little bit nervous.

Did you get your Prima facie?

Im thinking maybe it is. Or...they messed up again something. 
All cases have not any updates🧐

I never got prima facie, applied about 15 months ago. 
it was about my EAD renewal, just saying I don’t need another biometrics appointment, they will be using my old one! 🙌🏻

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
22 hours ago, Gi Gi said:

I have an employment card from Vermont office. I got my second I-130approval from the uscis office after vawa approved my petition which I said second because it was approved when my husband petition. I called but they said something like I won’t receive a call back until 70 something hours From an officer... my situation is so unbearable. I feel suicidal some days. I can’t use my card because I need to divorce and bring the paper to ss. So they can change my name but it won’t make sense. On the uscis my name is hyphenated maiden-marriage. So even before I pay money to uscis for another work permit I need a divorce and I have nobody to help mi fill out the divorce papers.  

I used online divorce. They filled everything out for you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.