MKJ119

Help! AOS concurrent filing rejected for incorrect payment amount!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

We filed I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-944, I-864, I-765 and I-131 with a G-1450 for $1225. We received a notice of rejection that states that the "payment amount is incorrect or has not been provided. When I use the fee calculator, it shows $1225. Everywhere I look, the amount shows $1225

I can't figure out what happened. Is this the correct amount? Am I missing something?

We were very meticulous about preparing the package with a cover letter stating everything very clearly that it was a concurrent filing and putting tabs on everything. The NOA states that we should resubmit the application/petition with the correct amount. Does that mean we should just re-send the original package with a new G-1450?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: We abandoned our K-1 petition because he was visiting when the pandemic started. We got married and are applying to adjust from his visitor visa.

Edited by MKJ119
More info added

Timeline
8 minutes ago, AstoriaAOS said:

You also need to include $535 for the I-130 methinks.

So the total for our situation should actually be $1760? That would make more sense. Do I need two separate G-1450 forms?

Timeline

Thank you both for the responses. That's such a bummer. I really thought I had researched this thoroughly. Does anyone know if I just resubmit the entire package that was returned to me with the correct amount? The instructions seemed to indicate that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 8:11 AM, MKJ119 said:

We filed I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-944, I-864, I-765 and I-131 with a G-1450 for $1225. We received a notice of rejection that states that the "payment amount is incorrect or has not been provided. When I use the fee calculator, it shows $1225. Everywhere I look, the amount shows $1225

I can't figure out what happened. Is this the correct amount? Am I missing something?

We were very meticulous about preparing the package with a cover letter stating everything very clearly that it was a concurrent filing and putting tabs on everything. The NOA states that we should resubmit the application/petition with the correct amount. Does that mean we should just re-send the original package with a new G-1450?

EDIT: We abandoned our

On 6/16/2020 at 8:11 AM, MKJ119 said:

EDIT: We abandoned our K-1 petition because he was visiting when the pandemic started. We got married and are applying to adjust from his visitor visa.

petition because he was visiting when the pandemic started. We got married and are applying to adjust from his visitor visa.

I am going though Venezuela for my wife the same exact process however the fees were broken down

I-130 Payment required $535.00  

After approved you are requested to log on  https://ceac.state.gov/IV and pay 

AOS fee $120.00

IV Fee    $325.00

Total $980.00   
More fees will be for Interview Exam in Bogota waiting on the interview date.

6 hours ago, Papa Mio 510 said:

I am going though Venezuela for my wife the same exact process however the fees were broken down

I-130 Payment required $535.00  

After approved you are requested to log on  https://ceac.state.gov/IV and pay 

AOS fee $120.00

IV Fee    $325.00

Total $980.00   
More fees will be for Interview Exam in Bogota waiting on the interview date.

You are going through a different process if you are going through the consulate - This is a concurrent US filing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.