17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Looking for some advice.

Due to London bound cases currently being held at NVC due to embassy closure my fiance phoned and managed to get our case ID, using this I then booked my medical with Knightsbridge Surgery in London. Upon doing so they communicated an email which included a list of the required documentation, included in this there was the following;

f. A Letter/Email from the embassy/NVC to confirm your case number and visa category

Due to the fact the the NVC has not released letters confirming this and the embassy has obviously not recieved cases in order to distribute the required information is there a method of obtaining this proof?

We tried to use the portal on the CEAC website however it doesnt seem to show all of the relevant details, can anyone advise as another few hours hold to the NVC is seeming more and more likely?

Cheers,

Kirsten & Ross

Do not do your medical till you have a scheduled appointment. The expiry of the travel portion of your visa is tied to the date of your medical. You have 6 months to use your visa from the date of your medical. Since no one knows when your interview will happen this could cause you issues like having to redo your medical.

Service Center : California Service Center on 2014-03-17Consulate : London, United KingdomI-129F Sent : 2014-03-10I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-14I-129F NOA2 : 2014-04-07NVC Received :4/21/2014NVC Left :4/23/2014Consulate Received :2014-04-29Packet 3 Received :2014-05-01Packet 3 Sent :2014-05-01Medical Complete: 2014-05-07Packet 4 Received :2014-5-31Interview Date :2014-06-06Visa Issued: 2014-06-10Visa Package Received: 2014-06-13Arrival at POE Seattle: 2014-6-13

Married 07/07/2014

AOS Timeline
AOS package mailed 08/08/2014 (Chicago Lockbox)
NOA date 8/13/2014
Biometrics done 09/14/2014
INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 10/31/2014
Approval e-mail 10/31/2014
Card production e-mail 12/27/2011
GREEN CARD ARRIVED 11/08/201

Employment Authorization Document
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance : First
Date Filed : 2014-08-04
NOA Date : 2014-08-13
RFE(s) :
Bio. Appt. : 2014-09-04
Approved Date : 2014-09-25
Date Card Received : 2014-10-03

ADVANCED Parole
CIS Office : Chicago National Office
Filing Method : Mail
Filing Instance :First
Date Filed : 2014-08-04
NOA Date : 2014-08-13
RFE(s) :
Date Received : 2014-10-03

ROC Timeline
ROC package mailed to CSC 10/13/2016
NOA1 date 10/17/2016
Biometrics date 12/8/2016

Interview: None
Card production ordered: 03/27/2018
10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED

Timeline

Currently London scheduling appointments for first week in July so I'm not particularly worried that if I have my medical on June 24th I wont be in the states by December 24th. 

Im just more so concerned what they will accept under the documentation I referenced above.

Timeline

I also have my medical booked for June 25th and am assuming I will be there by December 25th, but I'm being told we can't attend the medical without a specific email from the NVC (which they aren't sending out at the minute). So I'm going to reschedule my medical for mid July and just keep pushing it back by 2 weeks until I get the email :)

1 hour ago, Ross Warden said:

Looking for some advice.

Due to London bound cases currently being held at NVC due to embassy closure my fiance phoned and managed to get our case ID, using this I then booked my medical with Knightsbridge Surgery in London. Upon doing so they communicated an email which included a list of the required documentation, included in this there was the following;

f. A Letter/Email from the embassy/NVC to confirm your case number and visa category

Due to the fact the the NVC has not released letters confirming this and the embassy has obviously not recieved cases in order to distribute the required information is there a method of obtaining this proof?

We tried to use the portal on the CEAC website however it doesnt seem to show all of the relevant details, can anyone advise as another few hours hold to the NVC is seeming more and more likely?

Cheers,

Kirsten & Ross

Hi,  

Who did you phone for the case number? I’m waiting for my case ID too.

Thanks,

Gaz

Timeline

Hi emrid364,

I think that is the only option I dont see anything to say that the London embassy will reopen and begin visa processing in order to allow the NVC send the documents. I'd like to think given the ongoing relaxation of lockdown in England that it would be soon.

Hi Gaz1a,

My fiance who is in the states phoned for me she used +1 (603) 334-0700 and sat on hold for around an hour before finally getting through so be prepared.

Cheers,

Ros

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ross Warden said:

You have booked your medical prematurely according to their procedures. Hopefully you get an email from NVC before the medical date. Things are paused so taking the usual shortcuts may not work out. I have heard some say they ask for an email confirmation of the LND number when they are on the phone with NVC

Timeline

Aye I was getting that impression that we had gone in feet first a bit too early. Will try and phone NVC again to see if it's possible to get some form of secondary proof.

Timeline
On 6/9/2020 at 2:26 PM, emrid364 said:

I also have my medical booked for June 25th and am assuming I will be there by December 25th, but I'm being told we can't attend the medical without a specific email from the NVC (which they aren't sending out at the minute). So I'm going to reschedule my medical for mid July and just keep pushing it back by 2 weeks until I get the email :)

Do you know if we're able to reschedule over and over again if needed? I'm tempted to schedule once my police certificate arrives in the post, but I already have everything else I need. 

My fiancee got an email from NVC after calling them, and it confirms the LND number but not the visa category. If I call in the next couple weeks, I'll check and see if this is enough.

Timeline

On 6/9/2020 at 6:36 PM, Wuozopo said:

You have booked your medical prematurely according to their procedures. Hopefully you get an email from NVC before the medical date. Things are paused so taking the usual shortcuts may not work out. I have heard some say they ask for an email confirmation of the LND number when they are on the phone with NVC

42 minutes ago, BC97 said:

Do you know if we're able to reschedule over and over again if needed? I'm tempted to schedule once my police certificate arrives in the post, but I already have everything else I need. 

My fiancee got an email from NVC after calling them, and it confirms the LND number but not the visa category. If I call in the next couple weeks, I'll check and see if this is enough.

Please let us know how you get on fingers crossed the wnail you have is enough

Timeline
2 hours ago, BC97 said:

Get your fiancé to scan/email the NOA2 which shows your visa category. Confirmation in writing of the new case number is the main thing the clinic wants to see. I think you are good to book once you get the police certificate. 

Let me emphasize again how important it is to have your shots all done before the medical so you can be signed off for AOS and not have to see a civil surgeon in the US.  Or pay extra to have them done at the medical. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Get your fiancé to scan/email the NOA2 which shows your visa category. Confirmation in writing of the new case number is the main thing the clinic wants to see. I think you are good to book once you get the police certificate. 

Let me emphasize again how important it is to have your shots all done before the medical so you can be signed off for AOS and not have to see a civil surgeon in the US.  Or pay extra to have them done at the medical. 

Will do this then if that works! 

I've already asked a nurse at my surgery about the shots, and I've double checked them all in my medical records which I picked up on Monday. Turns out I'm all good for those! I'm now just waiting on the police certificate to arrive, as I have my original birth certificate at home, then I plan on booking the medical appointment once I have this in hand. 

At the same time, there is definitely a part of me which is worried and wants to wait and see if the embassy opens at the beginning of July when some people have visa appointments scheduled for, but I'm wondering if there's likely going to be a storm of people trying to schedule medicals once those previously trapped at NVC are all told they now have the ability to schedule visa appointments. What are your/other people's thoughts? I want to get it out the way with so I'm only waiting on the visa appointment, but then again nobody knows what's happening with this virus, or particularly with embassies reopening; so I'm wondering whether it's sensible to err on the side of caution and wait for the embassy to reopen. 

I read somewhere that the soonest visa appointment you can get is mid August - does anybody have any info on this? I imagine appointments will fill fast as soon as we hear and it will be an absolute free for all!

Apologies as I always seem to come back with more questions and thoughts!

Edited by BC97

Timeline
16 minutes ago, BC97 said:

I've already asked a nurse at my surgery about the shots, and I've double checked them all in my medical records which I picked up on Monday.

Did your nurse say you were fine on UK standards or US immigration standards. They are different. What was the date of your last shot covering Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis.  Your shot record may say Revaxis. Must be dated within last 10 years. 

16 minutes ago, BC97 said:

At the same time, there is definitely a part of me which is worried and wants to wait and see if the embassy opens at the beginning of July when some people have visa appointments scheduled for, but I'm wondering if there's likely going to be a storm of people trying to schedule medicals once those previously trapped at NVC are all told they now have the ability to schedule visa appointments. What are your/other people's thoughts? I want to get it out the way with so I'm only waiting on the visa appointment, but then again nobody knows what's happening with this virus, or particularly with embassies reopening.

I do think there will be a rush, not only K1s, but the spouse and work visa people who will get assigned an interview by NVC then have to scramble for a medical before the interview assigned to them. You don’t have to pick the first available medical. Push it out a few weeks when you call. Even if you had a Medical next week, you’d have until mid December to travel.  Surely you’ll break out of NVC before that and have an interview.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

Did your nurse say you were fine on UK standards or US immigration standards. They are different. What was the date of your last shot covering Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis.  Your shot record may say Revaxis. Must be dated within last 10 years. 

I do think there will be a rush, not only K1s, but the spouse and work visa people who will get assigned an interview by NVC then have to scramble for a medical before the interview assigned to them. You don’t have to pick the first available medical. Push it out a few weeks when you call. Even if you had a Medical next week, you’d have until mid December to travel.  Surely you’ll break out of NVC before that and have an interview.  

Yeah the first thing they asked was why do I need a Tetanus jab and I explained it's for immigrating to the US, but not actually needed in the UK. I had it in late 2011, so should be good for AOS. They told me I can't get a booster until 10 years have passed.

Good shout for pushing it out a few weeks if I'm able to do so.

I won't have my police certificate for another couple of weeks, but do you know if they ask any questions on the phone such as 'have the embassy been in touch' etc? If so, do I tell a white lie; tell them I'm just scheduling in the hope the embassy will reopen and that I understand it's only valid for 6 months - or will they just not ask?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, BC97 said:

won't have my police certificate for another couple of weeks, but do you know if they ask any questions on the phone such as 'have the embassy been in touch' etc? If so, do I tell a white lie; tell them I'm just scheduling in the hope the embassy will reopen and that I understand it's only valid for 6 months - or will they just not ask?

In normal times, many call knowing the police certificate is on the way because they are pretty fast. However all processing times these days are a big question mark, so knowing you have it is a good plan. I don’t really know exactly what the person who answers your call will say. Generally name, visa, case number. If a spouse visa, then maybe interview date (assigned at NVC). You would not be the first to “pretend” you had an embassy letter in hand if asked. Even I did that way back when the whole process was very different. We actually got a “Packet 3” which was really a packet...pages of instructions and four paper forms to fill out and mail back. Have you received your packet from the embassy? Yes I have.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.