Prisonmate

Are K1 Visa allow to travel to the USA?

132 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/17/2020 at 7:42 PM, Prisonmate said:

Still very limited flights out of Manila to the USA.  My fiancee got her canceled just two days before departure. We re-booked the flight but the next available was 25 days later.

When is your new flight scheduled for?

Timeline
On 6/14/2020 at 2:14 AM, Prisonmate said:

To answer my own question I posted to start this subject, the answer is yes, K1 Visa can leave the Philippines if they can get to the airport and the flight is not cancel.

I just received a reply from immigration helpline. This is what it says. 

Screenshot_20200619-204615.png

Timeline
8 hours ago, praisejourney said:

We got our visa! What's interesting is it never showed up on the 2Go tracking website.

Congratulations. Finally you got your visa. Are you leaving alone or with kids? As for me, I'm K1 and K2 a 5y.o. Really hoping and praying that we can fly out. But I'm a bit frustrated with what the immigration helpline reply to my query.

I'm really confused right now. Some is saying that we can fly out if ticket is not cancelled. But what if the immigration won't let us out. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, praisejourney said:

We got our visa! What's interesting is it never showed up on the 2Go tracking website.

Not unusual at all

YMMV

Timeline
8 hours ago, Esterlyn said:

Congratulations. Finally you got your visa. Are you leaving alone or with kids? As for me, I'm K1 and K2 a 5y.o. Really hoping and praying that we can fly out. But I'm a bit frustrated with what the immigration helpline reply to my query.

I'm really confused right now. Some is saying that we can fly out if ticket is not cancelled. But what if the immigration won't let us out. 

Thank you so much! Yeah we are so excited!  When I talked to them they told me it's up to the authority at the airport.  This will be so hard if our visas are left to expire.  No children in the Philippines just my fiancee. That is wonderful about your family! I will research this some more this weekend. 

8 hours ago, payxibka said:

Not unusual at all

So don't be discouraged if you don't see it on their site.

Edited by praisejourney

Timeline
3 minutes ago, praisejourney said:

Thank you so much! Yeah we are so excited!  When I talked to them they told me it's up to the authority at the airport.  Oh my goodness. This will be so hard if our visas are left to expire.

So don't be discouraged if you don't see it on their site.

This is the message that they sent me. Now I am really confused. Where can we find the definitive ruling on this?

Immigration.PNG

Timeline

So typical of the Philippines. No one wants to offend or upset anyone. Pass the buck to another department or person. So the Bureau of Immigration is telling you the anyone at the airport can refuse to let you board the plane. So if the Airline Agent is having a bad day and decided you're not boarding, they can refuse you and you have no recourse.

Timeline

Is this restriction just for Luzon? Here is the banner they have on their website. Trying to find a ray of hope here for us. Can we fly out of Cebu once they go to GCQ?

Luzon.PNG

Edited by praisejourney

Timeline

Just FYI, my finacee knows some other K1 Visa holders and they were able to leave the country. That was about 10 days ago and the flew on Korean Air from Manila. She encountered no problems.

Timeline
On 6/13/2020 at 11:11 AM, Prisonmate said:

My fiancee in Cebu just got her travel pass. She had to go to the city health department to get a certificate and a form from her local Barangay and Police Station. Don't ask. I don't know why all they paper work either. She sent me photos of the forms and talk about bureaucracy. If you're in Manila, you don't need a Travel Pass to get to the airport, I think.  It took my fiancee two full days to get all the forms as transportation in Cebu is still not 100% back up. Knowing the Phillipines, each area and each person will have different experience.

We just went through this process as well and were able to get all of our travel papers in a couple of hours.  If you have a van driver, you will also need papers for them as well which you can obtain.  Let us know if you are able to fly out of Cebu. Thanks for starting this thread!

Timeline
45 minutes ago, praisejourney said:

Is this restriction just for Luzon? Here is the banner they have on their website. Trying to find a ray of hope here for us. Can we fly out of Cebu once they go to GCQ?

Luzon.PNG

Oh it sounds like only Cebu City is on ECQ. MacTan airport should be in MGCQ.

Timeline
On 6/13/2020 at 7:46 PM, funiegirl19 said:

If your visa is in Issued status before lockdown and not delivered yet,  it might be already with 2go courier. If it does, they will give you a tracking number. You can call their mobile numbers and  you can also request them from door-to-door delivery to pick-up instead if you want to have your visa now. The approval of the request will take a day or two.

Screenshot_20200404_205204.png

Ours arrived without showing up on their tracking site.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
28 minutes ago, praisejourney said:

Oh it sounds like only Cebu City is on ECQ. MacTan airport should be in MGCQ.

Lapu Lapu opted to remain GCQ

YMMV

Timeline
1 hour ago, Prisonmate said:

So typical of the Philippines. No one wants to offend or upset anyone. Pass the buck to another department or person. So the Bureau of Immigration is telling you the anyone at the airport can refuse to let you board the plane. So if the Airline Agent is having a bad day and decided you're not boarding, they can refuse you and you have no recourse.

And what scares me is what if I pay $800 for a ticket and they say, "Sorry no K1 visas."  Is the airline going to let me reschedule the flight being so close to the departure time (even if I have a no-change fee ticket).  So worried about the fine print on these tickets. Since the PH immigration said it's up to the port authority, we are going to give it a try. I am not seeing hardly any flights out of CLARK so we are going to try flying out of Manila in July.  We need to make an attempt because if we ours expires (and have to apply for re-issuance), we need to show that we attempted to fly.  Hopefully a print out though of the law restricting travel would be enough proof.  Such confusing time. We are all getting different answers.  Giving it a try gives us something to look forward to and gives us hope.   Make sure you guys to keep all of your receipts and flight cancellations.  We always have to prepare either way.

12 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Lapu Lapu opted to remain GCQ

Ohhhh okay so maybe July 1st they will be back to MGCQ.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Prisonmate said:

Just FYI, my finacee knows some other K1 Visa holders and they were able to leave the country. That was about 10 days ago and the flew on Korean Air from Manila. She encountered no problems.

OH THAT IS AWESOME AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!  That is the news we have been looking for!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.