1,455 posts in this topic

I filed for AOS on June 9th and had my interview on Wednesday. My status changed after the interview to "Interview was completed and Case must be Reviewed", I just checked my status again and my status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced". 

Our Interviewing Officer was super super friendly, asked us right away if we wanted to have our lawyer present via phone and barely asked us any questions. She went through all our photos (about 50 over a period of 3 years) and kept them and we had a really nice conversation. I showed her our additional proof of our ongoing relationship (health insurance, car insurance, presents for each others,...) and had to answer a couple questions. We were done after 40 minutes.

We could have not been luckier.

Edited by 19jimmybean

3 minutes ago, 19jimmybean said:

I filed for AOS on June 9th and had my interview on Wednesday. My status changed after the interview to "Interview was completed and Case must be Reviewed", I just checked my status again and my status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced". 

Congratulations!! What is your priority date and field office? 

1 hour ago, dayglan said:

I received the interview letter today and the interview has been scheduled in May. To those submitted the Form I-864 and the required evidence, did you still bring them to the interview?

I brought pretty much everything that I already submitted and new evidence of our relationship. I-864 and evidence was not asked for in my interview but better safe than sorry.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Great to see so many people getting approved.

We had our AOS interview yesterday here in St Louis and the same as a few other people here, was given a sheet saying it was 'in review' but last night it updated online to 'New Card being Produced' so we're delighted! 

Seems like with Covid they may need extra time to look at the cases before filing that evening?

Our interviewer was really nice and loved our covid-wedding photos. Such a relief to have it done. Hope the card comes soon and best of luck to you all!

Congrats to all the new AOS approvals!!! Woohoo!

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

Questions to the group, our work permit and travel permits are set to expire in October. Should we apply for renewal? How does that process work? Or should we wait it out in hopes our interviews get scheduled? Right now we are "waiting for interview to be scheduled" Philadelphia Office. Any advice or input is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

39 minutes ago, Madridd said:

Questions to the group, our work permit and travel permits are set to expire in October. Should we apply for renewal? How does that process work? Or should we wait it out in hopes our interviews get scheduled? Right now we are "waiting for interview to be scheduled" Philadelphia Office. Any advice or input is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Can you fill out your timeline? 

It looks like Philadelphia was interviewing people with Feb 2020 biometrics this Feb 2021...so they're quite behind. 
https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aoslist.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=d&op3=&op4=3&op5=&op6=&op8=Philadelphia PA&xfr=&vtype=0&interview=

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
3 hours ago, Madridd said:

I'm starting to wonder the same thing.

California field offices seem to be super slow. We've been ready to be scheduled for an interview since August 2020 and my EAD will expire in October. PD is June 13, 2020 and field office is San Diego. Does anyone know how long the renewal application for EAD takes? I'm currently working and don't want to let my EAD lapse just because it takes them over a year to schedule a freaking GC interview. Any advice?

8 hours ago, Meara said:

Does anyone know how long the renewal application for EAD takes?

Some have recently reported between 5 to 10 weeks.

8 hours ago, Meara said:

I'm currently working and don't want to let my EAD lapse

If the renewal is timely filed then the EAD-part of the card is automatically extended by 180 days: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-resources/handbook-for-employers-m-274/handbook-for-employers-m-274/40-completing-section-2-of-form-i-9/44-automatic-extensions-of-employment-authorization-documents-eads-in-certain-circumstances The AP-part of the card is NOT extended.

11 hours ago, Madridd said:

set to expire in October.

When exactly? Don't file too early: https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/employment-authorization-document "you should not file for a renewal EAD more than 180 days before your original EAD expires."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.