7419Kathy

Can someone answer my question

14 posts in this topic

Hello i need advice  i am alittle  worried  about  my i-130 being  approved  i sent all information  into the uscis October 2018 i received a letter from uscis saying it bring reviewed February 2020  i decided  to  send a email  to ask if there was a decision  made yet they emailed me  i will receive  the decision june 16,2020 i want to know is that a good sign  of becoming  approved or not

Thank  everyone for your  help im just worried  its been  a long  journey 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, 7419Kathy said:

Hello i need advice  i am alittle  worried  about  my i-130 being  approved  i sent all information  into the uscis October 2018 i received a letter from uscis saying it bring reviewed February 2020  i decided  to  send a email  to ask if there was a decision  made yet they emailed me  i will receive  the decision june 16,2020 i want to know is that a good sign  of becoming  approved or not

It means they will tell you something.   Not an indication of anything else 

YMMV

1 hour ago, payxibka said:

It means they will tell you something.   Not an indication of anything else 

Its been  2 years we have  been  waiting  i have went to visit  my husband  3 times im just hoping for  good news.

Okay are you a US citizen or LPR?  What service center are you assigned?  Youre really outside of normal processing and have you called to speak to a tier 2 or involved your ombudsman?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

3 hours ago, 7419Kathy said:

Its been  2 years we have  been  waiting  i have went to visit  my husband  3 times im just hoping for  good news.

Nigeria never had a USCIS field office so I'm sure you filed stateside. Did you check the status online?  Have you done a case status inquiry?

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

2 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

Nigeria never had a USCIS field office so I'm sure you filed stateside. Did you check the status online?  Have you done a case status inquiry?

Yes i checked the  case status  it says the case  is in review  . I also did a case status  inquiry they emailed me  saying i will receive a response  June 16 i am thinking  about  sending a letter  to them asking  to please  approve the visa we have  been  waiting  so long  2 years o have  traveled  there  three  times to visit  . Do you think thats a good idea? 

5 hours ago, NikLR said:

Okay are you a US citizen or LPR?  What service center are you assigned?  Youre really outside of normal processing and have you called to speak to a tier 2 or involved your ombudsman?

Yes i am a US citizen 

The service center is  Potomac service center.  Im not sure what a tier 2 means  

I didn't  know  i can talk to a ombudsman about  my case .

I will try that thank you for the advice 

I did check the status  online  it say it in review  process.  

I did a case  inquiry  they  emailed me back  saying  i will hear a response  June 16 i don't understand  why its taken  so long its been  2 years 

7 hours ago, 7419Kathy said:

Yes i checked the  case status  it says the case  is in review  . I also did a case status  inquiry they emailed me  saying i will receive a response  June 16 i am thinking  about  sending a letter  to them asking  to please  approve the visa we have  been  waiting  so long  2 years o have  traveled  there  three  times to visit  . Do you think thats a good idea? 

No because the USCIS doesnt have anything to do with a visa.  

What exactly did you file and where? Ive never seen Nigeria DCF. It sounds like you're living in the USA but your spouse is in Nigeria?

I'm going to move your thread to a more appropriate forum while we try to sort out your case and what the deal is. 

•~~moved to IR1/CR1 progress reports from DCF~~•

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

3 hours ago, NikLR said:

No because the USCIS doesnt have anything to do with a visa.  

What exactly did you file and where? Ive never seen Nigeria DCF. It sounds like you're living in the USA but your spouse is in Nigeria?

I'm going to move your thread to a more appropriate forum while we try to sort out your case and what the deal is. 

•~~moved to IR1/CR1 progress reports from DCF~~•

I filed for  the i-130 spouse visa with the  Uscis i sent in all information in October 2018 i sent  everything  to the Potomac service center. 

Yes i live in the US and my husband lives in Nigeria i am getting  worried  about our case its been 2 years we married  in Nigeria  i came back to America to start  the immigration process  and i don't  know what to do in February 2019 they sent me a letter  saying  i didn't  send in my divorce papers and was out of normal time .it also read you have  30 days  to send it in and a letter explaining why that happened  it sent that in within the week I  received a text messages saying it was received  . Now on the the Uscis site it says  the case is in review  .its been so long i filed out a out of normal  waiting time i received a  email  saying  i will  receive a response  June 16 ,2020.

18 hours ago, 7419Kathy said:

I date was is June 18 ,2020 i when i will receive a response 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

The letter in February is called an RFE (request for evidence) and it means that someone already reviewed your file. When did they receive your response? Usually after RFE response receipt they start working on your case again within 60-90 days but with covid and reduced staff nothing is for certain.

Since you said that you mailed the petition to Potomac SC directly, I assume part of the delay (a couple of months) origins from that since they had to reroute your file first. I-130s are supposed to be filed at a Lockbox address so Potomac had to send it there.

I suggest you wait until end of June since they gave you a date.

Maybe keep yourself occupied by reading about the Visa process at NVC stage which will start after petition approval. You are at step 1 of the process (petition), after that you start step 2 (NVC process) and once your spouse becomes documentary qualified by NVC, step 3 the consular process (medical, interview...) begins.

also - please update your timeline since DCF is inaccurate and people can give better advise when they see an accurate timeline :)

Edited by Quarknase

5 hours ago, Quarknase said:

The letter in February is called an RFE (request for evidence) and it means that someone already reviewed your file. When did they receive your response? Usually after RFE response receipt they start working on your case again within 60-90 days but with covid and reduced staff nothing is for certain.

Since you said that you mailed the petition to Potomac SC directly, I assume part of the delay (a couple of months) origins from that since they had to reroute your file first. I-130s are supposed to be filed at a Lockbox address so Potomac had to send it there.

I suggest you wait until end of June since they gave you a date.

Maybe keep yourself occupied by reading about the Visa process at NVC stage which will start after petition approval. You are at step 1 of the process (petition), after that you start step 2 (NVC process) and once your spouse becomes documentary qualified by NVC, step 3 the consular process (medical, interview...) begins.

also - please update your timeline since DCF is inaccurate and people can give better advise when they see an accurate timeline :)

Thank  you for your advice i will update  my information  and just wait on a approval  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.