EmiliaBrown123

Background Check and Police Clearance Certificate K1 Visa

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

My fiance submitted form I-129F on May 15th, 2020.

I know that I will need to have my medical exam and my background check (from all countries I lived in) ready for the interview.

My question is:

1. can I go ahead and start requesting that background check and do the medical exam or do i need to wait for a special permission from the USCIS prior to doing those?

Thanks in advance for your help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

No. You are getting waaayyy too ahead of yourself. You still have to wait for the NOA2 (assuming he already received the NOA1), then it gets sent to NVC and then to the embassy. There is no telling when that will happen. Both medicals and police clearances have expiration dates and are surely to expire if you were to obtain them now. You can however make things a bit easier and make yourself a timeline of dates and addresses of where you lived, obtain your vaccination record and continue to gather proof of your relationship so when the time comes you have this information. I imagine all your documents are in English (birth, previous marriage/divorce certificates) if not you can work on getting those translated as well. 

Edited by Luckycuds

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 minutes ago, EmiliaBrown123 said:

Hello,

My fiance submitted form I-129F on May 15th, 2020.

I know that I will need to have my medical exam and my background check (from all countries I lived in) ready for the interview.

My question is:

1. can I go ahead and start requesting that background check and do the medical exam or do i need to wait for a special permission from the USCIS prior to doing those?

Thanks in advance for your help

Too soon for that. And you might get more information if you post on the correct part of the forum. 

Edited by Ayrton

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline
2 hours ago, EmiliaBrown123 said:

Not sure about your country, but for Singapore's procedures, the clinic i did my medical at and my local police authority both required a scan of the embassy letter before they will allow me to apply for anything. So you might not be able to get the medical or police certificate even if you want to.

Edited by ShayrineC

~~moved to K1 process and procedures from AOS from Kbased~~

The medical offices in Canada will not allow you to do the medical until you have an interview booked.  That is quite some time in the future for you.  You could get police certificates for other countries now as long as you don't plan on visiting them again before your interview, but I would hold off on the Canadian one until you have NOA2.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.