Jump to content

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi There,

 

I'm new to the forum so hello... I live in NC and 2 months ago I proposed my venezuelan fiance. We are dating since 2015 and I feel it was time to bring her home.

As you may know things are more difficult since the travel ban + no US embassy in Venezuelan soil + corona.

 

I'm now very very familiar with the entire process as I have friend of mine who completed a successful k1 visa process for her fiance in 2014. I already sent the 129f package and now we are in the waiting game...I understand the entire process, however my friend wasn't able to help me with further information as her fiance did the whole process while the US embassy was still in Caracas.

 

Is my understanding that now is through Bogota so can you please help me?

 

  1. Where is the medical exam perform?
  2. Once the i129f is approved how do I request an interview in the bogota embassy?
  3. My fiance is a single mom  of an amazing 7 year old girl who I will be adopting (father left before she was born), does my fiance needs the exact forms and documents for our daughter as well?

 

Thank you

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
50 minutes ago, ArturoMendez said:

Hi There,

 

I'm new to the forum so hello... I live in NC and 2 months ago I proposed my venezuelan fiance. We are dating since 2015 and I feel it was time to bring her home.

As you may know things are more difficult since the travel ban + no US embassy in Venezuelan soil + corona.

 

I'm now very very familiar with the entire process as I have friend of mine who completed a successful k1 visa process for her fiance in 2014. I already sent the 129f package and now we are in the waiting game...I understand the entire process, however my friend wasn't able to help me with further information as her fiance did the whole process while the US embassy was still in Caracas.

 

Is my understanding that now is through Bogota so can you please help me?

 

  1. Where is the medical exam perform?
  2. Once the i129f is approved how do I request an interview in the bogota embassy?
  3. My fiance is a single mom  of an amazing 7 year old girl who I will be adopting (father left before she was born), does my fiance needs the exact forms and documents for our daughter as well?

 

Thank you

 

 

1.  Colombia

2.  Instructions from the consulate will indicate how

3.  Just needs to be listed on the petition but will need nearly the same documents at the consulate phase. But also may need permission from the biological father as well 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
39 minutes ago, payxibka said:

1.  Colombia

2.  Instructions from the consulate will indicate how

3.  Just needs to be listed on the petition but will need nearly the same documents at the consulate phase. But also may need permission from the biological father as well 

Thank you!

 

So I should change the country to Colombia now??

Also, my daughter's dad left before she was born and hasn't even met her. He is not listed in her birth certificate and my fiance has no idea of his whereabouts...so I don't think we need permission from someone who has never been in the picture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
29 minutes ago, ArturoMendez said:

Thank you!

 

So I should change the country to Colombia now??

Also, my daughter's dad left before she was born and hasn't even met her. He is not listed in her birth certificate and my fiance has no idea of his whereabouts...so I don't think we need permission from someone who has never been in the picture. 

Leave Venezuela,  they will ship appropriately. 

 

In the picture,  not in the  picture doesn't matter and isn't the deciding factor.   Your saving grace might be that no father is named. " I don't think" will get you in trouble.   Best to know. 

 

 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
55 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Leave Venezuela,  they will ship appropriately. 

 

In the picture,  not in the  picture doesn't matter and isn't the deciding factor.   Your saving grace might be that no father is named. " I don't think" will get you in trouble.   Best to know. 

 

 

ok thanks,

 

With my daughter situation...I think my saving grace is the fact that his name is nowhere in her birth certificate. She is registered only under his mom's name. Venezuela allows single mothers to remove the father from the entire document so he has no saying in our daughter's life from a legal perspective but I know what you are saying. I also started the adoption process with a lawyer so we are going to bring that up in the interview. I've been in her life since she was 1 year old. Im the only father she knows. She knows Im not her biological father but we deeply love each other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
21 hours ago, ArturoMendez said:

ok thanks,

 

With my daughter situation...I think my saving grace is the fact that his name is nowhere in her birth certificate. She is registered only under his mom's name. Venezuela allows single mothers to remove the father from the entire document so he has no saying in our daughter's life from a legal perspective but I know what you are saying. I also started the adoption process with a lawyer so we are going to bring that up in the interview. I've been in her life since she was 1 year old. Im the only father she knows. She knows Im not her biological father but we deeply love each other

She won't need permission if he's not in the birth certificate. Don't worry about that, and they don't ask about that in the interview. Venezuela only requires a permit only if the parent appears in the BC and only to travel.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2020 at 5:58 PM, ArturoMendez said:

Thank you!

 

So I should change the country to Colombia now??

Also, my daughter's dad left before she was born and hasn't even met her. He is not listed in her birth certificate and my fiance has no idea of his whereabouts...so I don't think we need permission from someone who has never been in the picture. 

Changing your country in your personal profile will help others with their answers as it will be directed toward Columbia and not the "old way" Venezuela.

 

Looking ahead here is what is instore for you.

 

After you get your case number from NVC it would be a good idea if you were to connect with the VJ sub forum for all things dealing with the US Embassy in Colombia and they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link:

 

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

 

Get the US Embassy Colombian K-1 Packet 3 (P3) at  https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Oeg4xYRja1hqUSzF-uEaj1QiyoFnv9X/view?usp=sharing as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the P3 as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents, you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the Embassy letter, it probably is not needed.

 

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for your country so that you are up to speed.

 

https://co.usembassy.gov/visas/

 

One last place to check for information would be the VJ Wiki found here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Special:AllPages and here http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Colombia&cty=Bogota

 

Ppl doing their vaccinations in Columbia can do them with anyone not connected to the approved medical center where your exam will take place saving you a lot of money. Be sure to get a receipt that states every single vaccination that you received. See list below that are required vaccinations. Then during your medical present, the receipt for the vaccinations to the Doctor and ask that they be transposed to the DS-3025 and marked COMPLETE! Very important that they are marked complete. You will use this document once you are married and filing your AOS package.

 

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1


Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*** Two post removed for not being in English and sharing personal info.

 

VJ Moderation


“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...