flemzymavis

How long does it take for nvc stage to finish

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello my people please how long does it take for nvc stage to be completed to set up an interview date. Please how many pictures of me and my wife do we’ve to upload for nvc?

thank you 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
54 minutes ago, flemzymavis said:

Hello my people please how long does it take for nvc stage to be completed to set up an interview date. Please how many pictures of me and my wife do we’ve to upload for nvc?

thank you 

Takes about 2 months or longer depending upon how fast you complete all the required documents.   Since no interviews are not being set for the majority of applicants,  nobody knows how long that delay will add to the process 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They are asking for passport pics on the pictures. Only if you are needing to submit additional evidence they you can add pictures and other things. But passport pic for beneficiary is required.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

2 hours ago, flemzymavis said:

thank you 

Hello, after submitting additional evidence, and financial information,  our case was DQ'D in 4 days. You can upload as many pictures and evidence as you would like. There is no set number. Just waiting for our interview to be scheduled whenever that may be.

Edited by Ramona M

Timeline
2 hours ago, flemzymavis said:

thank you 

Well it all depends. In my case, an interview letter was sent to me one week after I was DQ'd. Though the interview was slated for the following month (less than 2 months). I think it takes lesser time for some and more for others. 

Also for the picture upload, I guess it's passport photo (at least that's what I uploaded). You will need to take the other photos of you and your spouse for interview instead. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, Enie said:

Well it all depends. In my case, an interview letter was sent to me one week after I was DQ'd. Though the interview was slated for the following month (less than 2 months). I think it takes lesser time for some and more for others. 

Also for the picture upload, I guess it's passport photo (at least that's what I uploaded). You will need to take the other photos of you and your spouse for interview instead. 

No interviews are currently being scheduled, so what happened in the past is not relevant to today.  Consular Immigrant Visa Units are closed and have been for a couple months.  It is impossible to predict how long after DQ an interview will be at this time.  My best prediction will be that on the date the units open, take the number of days they were closed, plus two months, as a prediction.  For example, if they are ultimately closed for three months, then it's going to be at least 5 months from the date of opening before your interview is scheduled.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

I submitted our marriage pics instead of passport .how long will they get back to me to do the right thing ? Secondly our AOS fee is still saying in process.  How long does it take to change to paid ? Any help here please..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, hate to be the negative one,  but based on your individual situation, it can take longer than the 60-90 day people quote from info you can find on the internet.  Ours took almost 7 months to complete for just the  NVC process to get the to the "interview stage" and our priority date is 01/29/2019 so it  took 9+ months from 1-130 filing to our with the USCIS to receiving our NVC case number. There is nothing strange about our situation and we have been married for over 6 years.   We had to learn how to be patient and that there is no way to speed things up,  you have figure out how to cope with the long wait.   My husband has had to stay in the EU and we have been  separate for over a year now since i are back to the US.  It sucks, but there is not much you can do but wait it out.  

We received our NVC case number in early Oct 2019 - it took roughly 30 days to complete our application, pay the fees, acquire all of the civil doc w/ translations, 6 country police reports (yeah that was rough), and we hit the submit button mid Nov. with fingers crossed. 

On 2/19/2020 the NVC finally revived our case / docs, requested several replacements / additional documents which we delivered very quickly (within 3 weeks).   It took then an additional 60 days for them to them to re-review and finally accept everything - so on 6/12/2020 we were finally informed that our case was sent to the Embassy in Belgium for the interview stage.  

Now we wait since all of the embassies are not processing IRC visa only humanitarian and emergency request (i.e. non immigrant-requests).   With covid-19 and the canceling of existing interviews, anticipate a backlog wherever you are in the process because there is most likely a line of people infront of your case waiting as anxiously as your are.   

Hopefully things will get back on track in July.   Good Luck.

DM

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.