A_F_Khan

Embassy notification for interview

12 posts in this topic

Timeline

Quick question for anyone who have dealt with Islamabad US Consulate in Pakistan. 

1) how does embassy contact you to notify that you have been scheduled for an interview, by phone? email? or both? 

2) Does the embassy send an email to petitioner as well to let them know there has been a interview scheduled for the beneficiary?

Thank you for taking your time and helping others like me. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Had to look at past post  from you to get to the fact this is a CR1 spouse visa

that is not decided by embassy 

NVC and the embassy together schedule the interview and NVC will send (email to petitioner if they have a good ID ) to give the documents needed and date of interview.  

unless it has changed since our 2015 interview at which i will stand corrected

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

from your timeline the ds 260 still needs to be paid for and filled out and NVC still will need supporting documents like the I 864 for support

and for us , i reced  the email, and sent it on to the beneficary

your best info will come from those going thru the same embassy (and things do change since our interview)

20 hours ago, A_F_Khan said:

Quick question for anyone who have dealt with Islamabad US Consulate in Pakistan. 

1) how does embassy contact you to notify that you have been scheduled for an interview, by phone? email? or both? 

2) Does the embassy send an email to petitioner as well to let them know there has been a interview scheduled for the beneficiary?

Yes emails goes to both, is both email addresses were entered during the petition. They also send mail letter to the beneficiary. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, stech786 said:

Yes emails goes to both, is both email addresses were entered during the petition. They also send mail letter to the beneficiary. 

Yes, both were entered in the petition and we both received email regarding approval of the petition and case id number and invoice number. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 5/27/2020 at 5:14 PM, A_F_Khan said:

So after submitting docs to the NVC (Dec 2019), mine took 64 days to refuse one document (Feb 2020) Then after 3 days, I resubmitted the document. It took another 80 exact days to approve the case. (May 2020 in between COVID-19) So, now I am waiting for the interview schedule too. I believe email will go to both once they schedule and embassy and consulates open. Usually, I have seen, if the NVC docs are approved in month of January lets say, you'll get a interview schedule letter in February, for the actual Interview date in March! (30-60 days). I have also read, if after Interview, you are stuck in AP, it takes anywhere from 6-18 months to process... and you should not contact them before 6 months of no update.

Edited by Lexushim

Timeline
3 hours ago, Lexushim said:

So after submitting docs to the NVC (Dec 2019), mine took 64 days to refuse one document (Feb 2020) Then after 3 days, I resubmitted the document. It took another 80 exact days to approve the case. (May 2020 in between COVID-19) So, now I am waiting for the interview schedule too. I believe email will go to both once they schedule and embassy and consulates open. Usually, I have seen, if the NVC docs are approved in month of January lets say, you'll get a interview schedule letter in February, for the actual Interview date in March! (30-60 days). I have also read, if after Interview, you are stuck in AP, it takes anywhere from 6-18 months to process... and you should not contact them before 6 months of no update.

What document was denied and why? how did you fix it? So me and others can avoid that at least. It sucks how they took 80 days to approve it. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 5/29/2020 at 2:23 AM, A_F_Khan said:

What document was denied and why? how did you fix it? So me and others can avoid that at least. It sucks how they took 80 days to approve it. 

My marriage certificate and nikkah nama was rejected because I hadn't uploaded it correctly. Yes, I believe it took 80 days because of the Covid-19 lockdown. 

Edited by Lexushim

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.