Phil1d

AOS Application Returned

10 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

My adjustment of status application was returned because I used an outdated I-485, I have no idea how that happened since I downloaded all the forms from the USCIS website but it is what it is.

Along with my I-485 I filed the I-130 concurrently so altogether I submitted the I-485, I-130, I-130A and I-864 with all of the suporting information, hundreds of pages. The issue I have is that I have now completed the I-485 on the correct form but all of the forms and supporting documents that I previously submitted and were returned have this stamp on the bottom of each page, the stamp is a long list of numbers, I'm guessing the date and a few other things.

My question is do I need to reprint everything or do you think I can just send it all back in even though it now has the stamps on it? I found somewhere online on another forum that said to just resubmit it, which I plan on doing, but was wondering if anyone out there has had this same issue.

I have contacted the USCIS via email and message on the website but the response I got was that there is no response to my question...whatever that means.

Thank you!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Phil1d said:

Hi folks,

My adjustment of status application was returned because I used an outdated I-485, I have no idea how that happened since I downloaded all the forms from the USCIS website but it is what it is.

Along with my I-485 I filed the I-130 concurrently so altogether I submitted the I-485, I-130, I-130A and I-864 with all of the suporting information, hundreds of pages. The issue I have is that I have now completed the I-485 on the correct form but all of the forms and supporting documents that I previously submitted and were returned have this stamp on the bottom of each page, the stamp is a long list of numbers, I'm guessing the date and a few other things.

My question is do I need to reprint everything or do you think I can just send it all back in even though it now has the stamps on it? I found somewhere online on another forum that said to just resubmit it, which I plan on doing, but was wondering if anyone out there has had this same issue.

I have contacted the USCIS via email and message on the website but the response I got was that there is no response to my question...whatever that means.

Thank you!

I am leaning towards filling out new forms, but keep the stamped non-form evidence. But this is only my gut feeling without having info from you what the stamp says. If it invalidates every single paper that obvs changes my opinion. Does the rejected I-485 have the same stamp as the remaining evidence?

It also seems that your package was incomplete - for I-485 the I-944 (public charge) form is required https://www.uscis.gov/i-944.

Also I-765 and I-131 are free of charge when filing along with I-485 so you might want to consider those as well?

33 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

I am leaning towards filling out new forms, but keep the stamped non-form evidence. But this is only my gut feeling without having info from you what the stamp says. If it invalidates every single paper that obvs changes my opinion. Does the rejected I-485 have the same stamp as the remaining evidence?

It also seems that your package was incomplete - for I-485 the I-944 (public charge) form is required https://www.uscis.gov/i-944.

Also I-765 and I-131 are free of charge when filing along with I-485 so you might want to consider those as well?

Thank you for your response.

The outdated form I-485 I filed didn't require the I-944 but obviously the new one does so I have now completed that form (the worst one by far).

I believe I can work on my current E2 visa while my green card application is being processed which is why I didn't submit the I-765. I also didn't see which category I would fall under but perhaps I could submit it under the Adjustment of Status Category when I resubmit.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
3 hours ago, Phil1d said:

Thank you for your response.

The outdated form I-485 I filed didn't require the I-944 but obviously the new one does so I have now completed that form (the worst one by far).

I believe I can work on my current E2 visa while my green card application is being processed which is why I didn't submit the I-765. I also didn't see which category I would fall under but perhaps I could submit it under the Adjustment of Status Category when I resubmit.

Yep it’s not needed probably, but since it’s free and has less restrictions why not apply for it 😎

Please fill out your timeline, it will help members to give you better advise.

The cutoff for the I-485 without I-944 was some time in February. Maybe the days between download and completion/mailing made the difference.

On 5/27/2020 at 8:52 PM, Quarknase said:

The cutoff for the I-485 without I-944 was some time in February. Maybe the days between download and completion/mailing made the difference.

Yeah I think I downloaded all the forms and started the application towards the end of January so I just missed that updated form. I wish I had been able to get it done sooner, that I-944 is a monster.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread moved to AOS from Work, Student & Tourist Visa, from What Visa DO I Need. - THe OP is already in the US~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

On 5/27/2020 at 12:51 PM, Phil1d said:

Hi folks,

Thank you!

what did the letter that you got with the return say ? if the issue is only with I-485 you can print new I-485 form and use the old forms for the rest of the forms  ( the one's with printed numbers from USCIS ) and send it back all together. 

Edited by Donald120383

duh

12 hours ago, Donald120383 said:

what did the letter that you got with the return say ? if the issue is only with I-485 you can print new I-485 form and use the old forms for the rest of the forms  ( the one's with printed numbers from USCIS ) and send it back all together. 

I received 2 I-797C notices. One was a rejection notice for the I-130 and the other was a rejection notice for the I-485.

The I-130 said that it was rejected because I needed to file I-485. The I-485 notice said it was rejected because the application was filed on an outdated version of the form. I also recieved a bright green sheet that says to include it at the front of the resubmittal.

I think I'm just going to go ahead and reprint everything, I still have a week or so to wait for the education veficiation to come back for the I-944 anyway so I might as well do it.

I have found threads on this forum where people just resubmitted the paperwork with all the printed numbers on the bottom of each page but they never updated the thread to say if the resubmittal was accepted or not. I'm guessing it probably was otherwise they would have been back to vent about it being rejected again but I can't be sure 🤣 

Edited by Phil1d

7 hours ago, Phil1d said:

I received 2 I-797C notices. One was a rejection notice for the I-130 and the other was a rejection notice for the I-485.

The I-130 said that it was rejected because I needed to file I-485. The I-485 notice said it was rejected because the application was filed on an outdated version of the form. I also recieved a bright green sheet that says to include it at the front of the resubmittal.

I think I'm just going to go ahead and reprint everything, I still have a week or so to wait for the education veficiation to come back for the I-944 anyway so I might as well do it.

I have found threads on this forum where people just resubmitted the paperwork with all the printed numbers on the bottom of each page but they never updated the thread to say if the resubmittal was accepted or not. I'm guessing it probably was otherwise they would have been back to vent about it being rejected again but I can't be sure 🤣 

you can use the existing I-130 and file new i-485 with the correct version. Iam assuming I-130 has barcodes printed below so its good in that case.

duh

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hey

Just resend everything back like you received it - I probably assume that it was assembled in some kind of weird way.- And in a new plastic folder, you put just the update form they asked you to provide with everything new they updated since the date they rejected your application and put the green sheet in that plastic. You will have to unstaple in order to remove the green sheet and staple them back.

The current version of most of the forms is October 15 and it's located at the bottom of each form. Since they sent you back everything, you will need to provide the new I-944 form with all the supporting documents.

Don't worry about the "Medical form" as it has been open. It will be a proof that they are the one to open it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.