FreeTanner22

Notice of receipt from NVC

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

My case was approved by the USCIS on March 26th, and I still haven’t heard back from the NVC that they’ve received it and you can’t contact them by phone. Is this normal? Are they still operating 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, FreeTanner22 said:

My case was approved by the USCIS on March 26th, and I still haven’t heard back from the NVC that they’ve received it and you can’t contact them by phone. Is this normal? Are they still operating 

They won't send you an email or notice until the case file ships to the embassy.   They currently are holding all shipments due to covid 

YMMV

We received the notice and had an interview date that was cancelled due to Covid19 AIT closure. Probably the reason your not getting a reply because they are backlogged. Our concern is that we passed the May 15 USCIS expiration date. Does anyone know if they will automatically extend them if your interview was cancelled? 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, FantasicJourney said:

We received the notice and had an interview date that was cancelled due to Covid19 AIT closure. Probably the reason your not getting a reply because they are backlogged. Our concern is that we passed the May 15 USCIS expiration date. Does anyone know if they will automatically extend them if your interview was cancelled? 

May 15th expiration date? What is that concerning? I’m unaware 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 5/27/2020 at 12:16 PM, payxibka said:

They won't send you an email or notice until the case file ships to the embassy.   They currently are holding all shipments due to covid 

I know this is a few weeks after, but does this mean I won’t have a case number or anything until it ships to the embassy?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, FreeTanner22 said:

I know this is a few weeks after, but does this mean I won’t have a case number or anything until it ships to the embassy?

If assigned, they will provide if you call or email and ask

YMMV

Timeline
2 hours ago, payxibka said:

If assigned, they will provide if you call or email and ask

My problem with this is they say communication for non-immigrant visas are suspended at the moment, and that you can check your case status online if you have one. It’s like okay that’s great but what if it’s been 2 1/2 months and I still have no case number...am I literally just waiting for them to send it to the embassy to receive a case #?

Edited by FreeTanner22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

My problem with this is they say communication for non-immigrant visas are suspended at the moment, and that you can check your case status online if you have one. It’s like okay that’s great but what if it’s been 2 1/2 months and I still have no case number...am I literally just waiting for them to send it to the embassy to receive a case #?

You CAN call them and get your case number and Invoice number.  I was in the same boat as you, I waited 6-weeks from the date of my NOA2 and then last week I called the NVC.  A nice lady answered and I gave her some info and she gave me those two numbers.  Fwiw, having those two numbers doesn't do much for us at this point...the one thing you can do if you have them is go ahead and fill out the DS-160.

Anyways, don't despair.  Get Greenbaum's tips document, call both numbers listed there (IIRC the non-immigrant phone number will not go to a human these days, but the immigrant one will.  I posted my firsthand experience calling last week in the NVC forum, read that in case I am mixing up which number worked).

Edited by David and Anna

Immigrant line is still open. Number is listed in the PDF in any of the NOA2 to NVC to Embassy threads. First post of the thread has the link. Also, you will benefit from some of the tips tricks and hacks contained within the PDF. Free to use, Free to thank the author. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm in a similar boat. My NOA2 date was April 24. I have called in Thursday and was told to wait the full 6 weeks. I called again today, and there is no record on the NVC side for my case. They finally told me to e-mail the I-797 to them so they can research into it. Kinda sucks being stuck here. Not sure if we can fill the DS-160 or any other forms without a case or application number.

4 hours ago, harkirath said:

I'm in a similar boat. My NOA2 date was April 24. I have called in Thursday and was told to wait the full 6 weeks. I called again today, and there is no record on the NVC side for my case. They finally told me to e-mail the I-797 to them so they can research into it. Kinda sucks being stuck here. Not sure if we can fill the DS-160 or any other forms without a case or application number.

You can complete the DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, if you have a WAC# from either NOA1 or 2.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Panama
Timeline

I’m in the same boat. I received my NOA2 and waited for a response for almost 2 months and then I called the NVC and they gave me my case number and invoice number but now since it took so long. My fiancés passport in gonna expire in about 4 or 5 months. So now I think we need to wait for the passport facility by her to renew her passport. Do we need to wait for her to renew her passport before we submit our DS-160? Also we are most likely going to need to ask for an extension. Who do I ask... the embassy?

1 hour ago, Corey Novak said:

I’m in the same boat. I received my NOA2 and waited for a response for almost 2 months and then I called the NVC and they gave me my case number and invoice number but now since it took so long. My fiancés passport in gonna expire in about 4 or 5 months. So now I think we need to wait for the passport facility by her to renew her passport. Do we need to wait for her to renew her passport before we submit our DS-160? Also we are most likely going to need to ask for an extension. Who do I ask... the embassy?

If you want the visa, then you must comply with what they are asking for on their form. This is a process that easy to follow but the one thing, there are more, is the man with the gold makes the rules.

I answered your question in the other thread where you posted these questions. 

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.