JER2020

N-400 July 2020 Filers (merged)

1,097 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Mariela08 said:

Can you tell about your experience ? I got mine next week in nyc too

Same as the other NYC person above, the interview was really chill, took probably 10/15 minutes max (out of which maybe 5 minutes are questions) 

Checked in then went into waiting room, officer called me in, asked for passport, green card, ID.

Then started civics questions right away. Questions: which group was brought to the US as slaves, what's Martin luther king jr known for, name 3 original states, how long we vote representatives for, name one branch of government, and when do we vote for president. 

Reading a sentence after that: "who was George Washington" then was asked to write back on the iPad "Washington was the first president" 

The officer then went through a few questions from the N400 form not all of them. Then asked about a speeding ticket I had noted on the form for the "have you ever been cited quest" 

Finally asked to confirm my info and said congrats and that's it. 

I did not show any documents at all. I uploaded a bunch to the website earlier: tax returns, birth certificate, marriage certificate etc. I applied under the 5 years rule. 

The experience was really smooth and if your case is "obvious", there is nothing to worry about, just go through the civics questions to make sure you get them right. 

Edited by J1student

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chin10 said:

Hello guys, I have a question. I was browsing my online application and found out that in part 13 of the n400 application.there was no x-mark on “NO”. Did you guys have this part blank or has x-mark on the “NO”. Thank you. 

BB977894-1C24-4DB7-B52C-64E5C550C33A.jpeg

Hmmm, interesting, just checked my submitted online application PDF and have the same blanks for these questions.  I'm pretty sure I answered no to those when filling in my n400 application.  Didn't seem to affect my application though as I got approved on Tuesday and have Oath ceremony scheduled.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Hope that helps!

Edited by Efquake

Sept 6 - NOA1

Oct 3 - NOA2
??? - case sent to NVC
??? - NVC received
??? - case number assigned
??? - AOS bill paid
??? - called NVC to review DS-261 and get IV invoice unlocked
??? - IV bill paid
??? - submit DS-260
??? - send IV/AOS package

??? - scan date

2 minutes ago, Efquake said:

Hmmm, interesting, just checked my submitted online application PDF and have the same blanks for these questions.  I'm pretty sure I answered no to those when filling in my n400 application.  Didn't seem to affect my application though as I got approved on Tuesday and have Oath ceremony scheduled.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Hope that helps!

Thank you so much! 🙂 I Feel so much relieved. Thank you again.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Chin10 said:

Thank you so much! 🙂 I Feel so much relieved. Thank you again.. 

Welcome! 😊

Sept 6 - NOA1

Oct 3 - NOA2
??? - case sent to NVC
??? - NVC received
??? - case number assigned
??? - AOS bill paid
??? - called NVC to review DS-261 and get IV invoice unlocked
??? - IV bill paid
??? - submit DS-260
??? - send IV/AOS package

??? - scan date

1 hour ago, Chin10 said:

Hello guys, I have a question. I was browsing my online application and found out that in part 13 of the n400 application.there was no x-mark on “NO”. Did you guys have this part blank or has x-mark on the “NO”. Thank you. 

I noticed that too in my application and realized that when you fill the form online it skips this question because of DOB/age. I got approved on Monday and this never came up. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, Chin10 said:

If you filed online the form automatically removes everything that doesn't apply to you. So when you put in your birth date, the system knows you're not old enough to have been part of Nazi Germany. So you never answered those questions because you never even saw them, they weren't there. 

My IO briefly mentioned those questions at the interview and answered them for me (I never said anything, she had already fixed it).

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Just now, Scandi said:

If you filed online the form automatically removes everything that doesn't apply to you. So when you put in your birth date, the system knows you're not old enough to have been part of Nazi Germany. So you never answered those questions because you never even saw them, they weren't there. 

Thank you 🙂

1 minute ago, Scandi said:

Thank you 🙂

48 minutes ago, COYG! said:

I noticed that too in my application and realized that when you fill the form online it skips this question because of DOB/age. I got approved on Monday and this never came up. 

Thank you and Congratulations! 🙂

4 hours ago, Scandi said:

My IO briefly mentioned those questions at the interview and answered them for me (I never said anything, she had already fixed it).

Same, the officer just mentioned them and made the corrections himself then asked to validate all the changes made. 

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Chin10 said:

Hello. I’m Trying to access my online account. And this actually popped up. What is DOS CASE ID? Does anyone here have the same issue? Thank you. 

7E0E860F-0FA7-4079-98AA-A9C4069E5388.jpeg

What do you mean by "trying to access my account"? You can't log in with your username and password? I have never been asked for a DOS number. 

DOS is "department of state", meaning the DOS number is something that was given by NVC when someone applied for an immigrant visa. 

23 minutes ago, Scandi said:

What do you mean by "trying to access my account"? You can't log in with your username and password? I have never been asked for a DOS number. 

DOS is "department of state", meaning the DOS number is something that was given by NVC when someone applied for an immigrant visa. 

I can log in however when I go to home screen This one pops up. Couldn’t check my status of my application. But I will wait maybe they just updating their system. Thank you for the response 🙂

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Chin10 said:

I can log in however when I go to home screen This one pops up. Couldn’t check my status of my application. But I will wait maybe they just updating their system. Thank you for the response 🙂

Ah I see, never had that happen, so odd. Far from everyone came here  on an immigrant visa and therefore won't have a DOS number. I assume it won't let you leave it blank? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.