JER2020

N-400 July 2020 Filers (merged)

1,097 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

21 hours ago, Timona said:

For some reason it’s not working for me

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mark🇹🇹 said:

For some reason it’s not working for me

Fixed it. You needed to insert rows.

Go ahead and fill your info.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UYpuRqSQkRAdX7Kr_nehvjsjCiNTyADPJ3CAc9qJHf4/edit?usp=sharing

Fill time-line, people

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

55 minutes ago, Timona said:

Fixed it. You needed to insert rows.

Go ahead and fill your info.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UYpuRqSQkRAdX7Kr_nehvjsjCiNTyADPJ3CAc9qJHf4/edit?usp=sharing

Fill time-line, people

Got it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Passed my interview today at phoenix office.. 

process was quick :

reading , writing and 6 civics questions and the only extra discussion was my plans for the weekend and how long was my way to the center .

Reading : who lives in the White House ?

writing : the president lives in the White House .

questions: 

1. what was the main reason for civil war? 
2. what is the first president of USA ?

3. why did the colonists came to America? 

4.Who is the current president ? 
5. what movement tried to end racial discrimination ? 
6. when is the last day to send in your income tax forms?

Now waiting for oath . They do oaths every hour in groups of 12 people.  

Nebraska SC

RD 12/16/2014

NOA1 12/22/2014

FP notice 01/16/2015

FB completed 1/27/2015

Expedite Request 2/03/2015 - Denied

Expedite Request #2 : 03/02/2015

Expedite Request #2 : Assigned to officer 03/03/2015,

EAD Approved 03/10/2015

EAD/AP Card production ordered 03/10/2015

EAD Received...... waiting..

5 hours ago, aspiaspi said:

Passed my interview today at phoenix office.. 

process was quick :

reading , writing and 6 civics questions and the only extra discussion was my plans for the weekend and how long was my way to the center .

Reading : who lives in the White House ?

writing : the president lives in the White House .

questions: 

1. what was the main reason for civil war? 
2. what is the first president of USA ?

3. why did the colonists came to America? 

4.Who is the current president ? 
5. what movement tried to end racial discrimination ? 
6. when is the last day to send in your income tax forms?

Now waiting for oath . They do oaths every hour in groups of 12 people.  

Congratulations 🎈🍾🎉🎊 

Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well. Has anyone had an experience with adding a name to the other names used section of the N400 during the interview? I have 2 first names and recently learned that one of my documents only show my second first name and my last name. Is it ok to let the officer know during the interview and also will it cause delays? What's your experience? Thanks!

On 2/3/2021 at 9:30 PM, Mariela08 said:

Hello, is there someone from NYC with biometrics appointment or reuse already ?

I'm a June filer and still didn't hear anything from USCIS since initial notice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone. 

I want to share my experience with everyone. I am in Denver and my N-400 application moved pretty quick.

I applied for naturalization while awaiting  approval for my I-751.

I-751 application was sent at the end of July 2019 and N-400 application was sent at the end of July 2020.

Here the timeline for N-400

February 5, 2021 Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed
February 5, 2021 Your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.
February 4, 2021 We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.
December 28, 2020 We scheduled an interview for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
July 29, 2020 We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and mailed you a receipt notice.

On February 6 my I-751 was approved .

After my N-400 interview the IO said she had to adjudicate and approved the I-751 before scheduling the oath ceremony.

I will go to the oath ceremony on February 18th. I am so happy to be done with all this.

They didn’t let my husband in so no interview for I-751.

I hope I described my experience clearly but if anyone has questions I am happy to answer. 

Again, I am in Denver and thing moved quick and the officer was friendly.

Good luck to you all, hang in there!

Timeline
On 2/5/2021 at 9:32 PM, Prettygal1221 said:

Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well. Has anyone had an experience with adding a name to the other names used section of the N400 during the interview? I have 2 first names and recently learned that one of my documents only show my second first name and my last name. Is it ok to let the officer know during the interview and also will it cause delays? What's your experience? Thanks!

Go with the name on your PP.

If the document is something like school transcript, I would not worry about it. I have 4 names. I use three daily (even on my school transcripts etc). The fourth is rarely used. It is only on my Birth Certificate, I think. 

You are stressing yourself. If you put the 4 down as "your full legal name" then you are good. The 4 covers everything

Timeline

To ALL July 2020 N400 filers

Whether you are done with the process or not, kindly, for data purposes, please, revisit the link and correct your data. Someone messed up the spreadsheet. Individual data may be wrong as a result. I tried to fix it.

And to others... please, the online spreadsheet is ONLY for data input. If you wanna mess with it, kindly download and play with it from your own computer. It allows each and everyone  to download. Do not mess up with the spreadsheet. We spent so much time gathering this data. 

Fill time-line, people

Timeline

@princegreen as a result of my above post 👆, check your data. I highly doubt that you and I share the same data.

On 2/5/2021 at 10:32 PM, Prettygal1221 said:

I was in the same situation as you. When I went to the interview (and in my application) due to space, I omitted to put one because it didn't fit. When you go through the interview, after the civics and reading/writing tests they go through your n400 application and look at your passport. They go from start to bottom. He mentioned my name as written on my application. I said "correct". Then he told me so what is XYZ then? (XYZ is my second first name that I never use really). He took that information from my file on the computer he was reading from. The only place he could have known of that is from my initial application more than a decade ago for the GC. And also my old passport actually shows my full name. So he changed the name from my application to add the second first name to it. At the end when we went through all the questions including the Yes No questions, he printed out the changes made to my application. In my case it was just the addition of my second first name and had me sign it to make sure that I was aware that he changed something on my application. 

He said that unless I chose to have a name change, it has to be included on my form. A name change would delay things, and my intent wasn't to change my name anyway. Bottom line is, the official name that you must have on your application is the official FULL name on your birth certificate, initial GC application and supposed to be the same as what is on your old country passport. Whatever is on those official documents should be your whole full name. You can tell him that at the interview if you didn't include one on the application. It didn't delay anything in my case. I got the congratulations letter after the interview and got the oath scheduled only 3 or 4 days later. But maybe depending on the "name" and the country you are from it could cause a delay, if the FBI name checks were made with not your full name. But as I said I wouldn't worry too much, because I am sure they already know everything about an applicant based on their A-number which has all the initial information from your GC application. If all your worries is that bank documents, rent/lease... only show two names, then that isn't an issue to worry about. Just explain that if asked.

Just make sure that at the time you leave the interview they clearly know you as the person with your two first names and your last name. Otherwise once they print your certificate for the oath if you accept it, then that second first name is officially not yours anymore and you would have to go through the courts to get a name change.

I hope I was thorough enough.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.