Hilde

Rio de Janeiro Interview

316 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/20/2021 at 4:30 PM, James D said:

Update:

Manged to reschedule to Sep. 23. I  have rescheduled the biometrics for two hours before the interview. Is that too late?

My husband arrived for biometrics 1 hour early and they were able to take him in immediately. The whole process took 2 minutes.

The biometrics is at Humaitá and the interview is at Centro. They are about a 20 minute taxi ride.

Timeline
On 7/17/2021 at 10:00 AM, RicFromOhio said:

My wife received her interview appointment for August 11 yesterday via email from NVC!

I want to update the WhatsApp group and also invite my wife to that group.  For some reason my messages in that group aren't going through and the link has emojis in it and says it's an invalid link.  Can someone in that group send me the link please?

Great!!! 

What type of visa is your wife will do ? I601 or I601A?

Timeline

Hi everyone,

Could anyone who had a recent IR-1 approval tell me if you received a sealed envelope from the consulate or from the medical appointment. 

Neither my husband or I can remember or find any sealed envelopes.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Hilde said:

Neither my husband or I can remember or find any sealed envelopes.

If the visa says "IV DOCS IN CCD", there would be no sealed packet from the consulate.  The case files would have been sent to DHS electronically.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Chancy said:

If the visa says "IV DOCS IN CCD", there would be no sealed packet from the consulate.  The case files would have been sent to DHS electronically.

Medical included?

Thanks so much!

2 minutes ago, Hilde said:

Medical included?

Yes, including medical.  Your husband should have been given a copy of the DS-3025 for his personal records, but not all panel physicians do so, unfortunately.  But CBP won't be asking for the DS-3025 anyway, so no issue at POE if your husband wasn't given a copy.

Timeline
Just now, Chancy said:

Yes, including medical.  Your husband should have been given a copy of the DS-3025 for his personal records, but not all panel physicians do so, unfortunately.  But CBP won't be asking for the DS-3025 anyway, so no issue at POE if your husband wasn't given a copy.

Thanks so much! Super helpful!

Timeline
21 hours ago, Cintia Carla said:

Great!!! 

What type of visa is your wife will do ? I601 or I601A?

CR-1 (Spousal Visa)

2020-Jan-15  : I-130 packet sent

2020-Jan-17  : I-130 packet received

2020-Jan-21  : NOA-1 (received text message)

2020-Jan-25  : NOA-1 (received US Mail) Assigned to Potomac Processing Center

2021-Jan-05  : NOA-2

2021-Jan-05  : Case sent to NVC

2021-Jan-08  : NVC Received Case

2021-Jan-25  : Paid IV and AOS fees

2021-Jan-30  : IV and AOS documents submitted

2021-Feb-22  : IV and AOS documents resubmitted

2021-Feb-22  : DQ (Documentarily Qualified) 

2021-Jul-16   : Received Interview Appointment Email from NVC

2021-Jul-27   : Medical exam completed in Brasilia

2021-Aug-10 : Biometrics completed in Rio de Janeiro 

2021-Aug-11 : Interview Appointment in Rio de Janeiro 

2021-Aug-18 : Visa delivered via Correios and paid final USCIS fee

2021-Aug-18 : Immigrated through Miami, FL

2021-Sep-3    : Received Social Security Card in the mail

2021-Dec-5    : Received Greencard in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Does the infamous Alex still work at the consulate?  The guy that greets you as soon as you enter the 2nd floor to help you organize all your documents?  Just curious...

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

Does the infamous Alex still work at the consulate?  The guy that greets you as soon as you enter the 2nd floor to help you organize all your documents?  Just curious...

Not sure who Alex is. But when we had our interview it was all done on the 1st floor. I think it's bc of COVID protocols.

• 1 year later...
Timeline

Oh I see, got  RFE from NVC for an IR1, submitted on 01/06 and waiting for them to review it.

Trying to undestand, from Dq'ed to interview letter how long is it taking to NVC to send and how busy Rio consulate is.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Edtab said:

Oh I see, got  RFE from NVC for an IR1, submitted on 01/06 and waiting for them to review it.

Trying to undestand, from Dq'ed to interview letter how long is it taking to NVC to send and how busy Rio consulate is.

@JLVS22BR might have a better picture of these numbers. He was dq'ed on september 19th and got his letter last week of december, for an interview in february. He is also EB2, so I'm not sure about IR1s. I think family based green cards should be faster tho

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.