10 posts in this topic

Hi! So I today I received an I-797 notice that my Siblings visa for my sister was approved. 

Received date 04/16/12

Priority date : Same 

My question is this : when i applied I enlisted her family in the application as well. Both of the kids were under the age of 21 and not marri d , but one of them has passed away and the other one is already married with kids. Is the married child still eligible for the visa or no ??? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Kasi76 said:

Hi! So I today I received an I-797 notice that my Siblings visa for my sister was approved. 

Received date 04/16/12

Priority date : Same 

My question is this : when i applied I enlisted her family in the application as well. Both of the kids were under the age of 21 and not marri d , but one of them has passed away and the other one is already married with kids. Is the married child still eligible for the visa or no ??? 

No

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Married child she needs to be a USC.

Category F3

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

The I-797 approval you received is for the petition you filed, not the visa.   The approved petition will be sent to NVC until it is time to start getting ready for visa processing.  

Sorry to ask this, but you are aware that she still has a long wait until there is a visa number available, right?  The current priority date (PD) being processed for F4 visas for most countries is 08-Aug-2006.  For India, Mexico, and Philippines it's an even earlier date.  With an April 2012 PD, she has at least a 6 year wait for a visa number, maybe longer. 

9 minutes ago, Kasi76 said:

No I was not aware of that, I didn't understand how the priority date and how it works. It said that within 45 days I would recieve something in the mail from NVC . So basically what your saying is that it's still along way to go until everything gets processed?

Yes.  As jan22 said, probably at least another 6 years (longer for India/Mexico/Philippines). 

Edited by SusieQQQ

2 hours ago, Boiler said:

Married child she needs to be a USC.

Category F3

So - she should be aware that with at least 6 years to wait for her own visa/green card, plus another 5 for citizenship before she can apply for him, AND then it will probably be at least another 15 years for her son & family to get a visa.... it’s going to be a long wait for them. 26 years or probably more. I’m assuming the son will probably be close to or in his 50s by then.
That’s assuming that the category does not get axed, which is something they keep talking about as part of limiting chain migration).

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Timeline
10 minutes ago, Kasi76 said:

No I was not aware of that, I didn't understand how the priority date and how it works. It said that within 45 days I would recieve something in the mail from NVC . So basically what your saying is that it's still along way to go until everything gets processed?

Yes, that is correct.  What you will receive from NVC is a notice that they have received your case, that there is no visa currently available for the beneficiary, and that the case will be held at NVC until one is available.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.