11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My husband came on a K-1, we were married in August 2019 and submitted his AOS application along with work/AP combo card. It was received 9/2/19 and his fingerprints have been updated since early October. We’ve still heard nothing about his combo card. We submitted an inquiry because we’re outside the window... is there anything else we can do to speed this up? The USCIS phone agents are unhelpful.

It’s bad enough he can’t work for almost a year and we’re in the middle of a pandemic but we’re also supposed to go to Croatia Sept to have our church ceremony. Without the AP he can’t leave the country, even if everything turns out to be safe.

Any constructive advice our community can offer would be appreciated.

-Danielle and Alex

Timeline

Hi everyone,

My husband came on a K-1, we were married in August 2019 and submitted his AOS application along with work/AP combo card. It was received 9/2/19 and his fingerprints have been updated since early October. We’ve still heard nothing about his combo card. We submitted an inquiry because we’re outside the window... is there anything else we can do to speed this up? The USCIS phone agents are unhelpful.

It’s bad enough he can’t work for almost a year and we’re in the middle of a pandemic but we’re also supposed to go to Croatia Sept to have our church ceremony. Without the AP he can’t leave the country, even if everything turns out to be safe.

-Danielle and Alex

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Dani and Alex said:

Hi everyone,

My husband came on a K-1, we were married in August 2019 and submitted his AOS application along with work/AP combo card. It was received 9/2/19 and his fingerprints have been updated since early October. We’ve still heard nothing about his combo card. We submitted an inquiry because we’re outside the window... is there anything else we can do to speed this up? The USCIS phone agents are unhelpful.

-Danielle and Alex

They won't do anything until your current service request gets answered. 

YMMV

* Moved from Work Visas to AOS from K-1. OP is asking about EAD/AP processing, not a work visa *

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

1 hour ago, Dani and Alex said:

Hi everyone,

My husband came on a K-1, we were married in August 2019 and submitted his AOS application along with work/AP combo card. It was received 9/2/19 and his fingerprints have been updated since early October. We’ve still heard nothing about his combo card. We submitted an inquiry because we’re outside the window... is there anything else we can do to speed this up? The USCIS phone agents are unhelpful.

-Danielle and Alex

Did he get RFE for I-485?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dani and Alex said:

Hi everyone,

-Danielle and Alex

What does the tracking say? Did you move after submitting AOS?

Edited by Ayrton

Timeline
1 hour ago, jcracked52 said:

Did he get RFE for I-485?

Yes, they received our RFE two months ago and updated our AOS status this week to “ready to be scheduled for interview.” We’re in NYC where the wait times for AOS interview are 1.5 years so I didn’t think much of it. Could that have been it?

50 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

What does the tracking say? Did you move after submitting AOS?

We haven’t moved. The tracking for both the EAD and AP say “fingerprints completed” but have said that since October.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dani and Alex said:

Yes, they received our RFE two months ago and updated our AOS status this week to “ready to be scheduled for interview.” We’re in NYC where the wait times for AOS interview are 1.5 years so I didn’t think much of it. Could that have been it?

We haven’t moved. The tracking for both the EAD and AP say “fingerprints completed” but have said that since October.

The RFE paused the EAD and AP processing. You said they it just changed to ready to schedule, so the EAD and AP will only continue processing now.

Living in NYC will only be a factor now. The forms are processed first at NBC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

duplicate topics merged

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
14 hours ago, jcracked52 said:

RFIE resets clock on EAD processing. 

Thanks everyone! This is helpful to know- at least it’s not randomly being ignored and there’s a reason.

When you say “resets the clock” what kind of time frame are we looking at now? Is it 30-90 days from when we sent the RFE back that we should expect to hear a response about his EAD?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.