engr Arinze

Any update on Lagos consulate Nigeria

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Pls is there a new update on Lagos consulate Nigeria for cancelled interviews ,mine was supposed to be on the 26th of March , and Nigeria has eased their lockdown since May 4th

13 minutes ago, Orafu LAWRENCE said:

Pls is there a new update on Lagos consulate Nigeria for cancelled interviews ,mine was supposed to be on the 26th of March , and Nigeria has eased their lockdown since May 4th

our interview was march 12.. we were cancelled because something administrative happened at the consulate.. they reschedule us for June 1st and we just received an email that interview is cancelled... with no reschedule date :( 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, naturalgurl4 said:

our interview was march 12.. we were cancelled because something administrative happened at the consulate.. they reschedule us for June 1st and we just received an email that interview is cancelled... with no reschedule date :( 

This is so annoying ,We didn’t even receive an email ,this is the hardest time we have to go through 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Mine was supposed to be in April 27th, it was cancelled,wasn’t rescheduled too and until now nothing has been heard 😢I feel frustrated sometimes and wish it wasn’t cancelled 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 hours ago, Orafu LAWRENCE said:

Hi there,

I came across this site that provides updates  regarding when the US Consulates in all of the countries will resume. It also provides information on when they'll open up their international airports. Because of this COVID -19 thing, it is really hard to tell when things will resume and it's quite frustrating but we should all hang in there. 

For Nigeria, it is said that the  international airport will open up June 7th, if that really does happen, then I'm hoping and assuming that the US Consulate in Lagos will resume shortly after that. It also states, that they're not providing certain routine services (like the visa interviews etc.) and only focusing on emergency situations.  However, this site seems trustworthy, they provide daily updates, so maybe if we keep checking, one day it'll say that they're back to regular programming. 😃

Hope this helps.

This is the site

https://www.immigrationlaw.com/u-s-consulate-closures-due-to-covid-19/

pearl immi.PNG

Timeline

Does anyone have any info on anyone that had an interview or received any email from the Lagos embassy (especially CR1/IR1) during this lockdown period?

It will really help to get my hope back up (I’m losing it fast)!

Timeline
On 5/20/2020 at 11:03 AM, Herbie Khan said:

Does anyone have any info on anyone that had an interview or received any email from the Lagos embassy (especially CR1/IR1) during this lockdown period?

I didn’t hear anything from them ,the worst part about them is that they didn’t even send emails regarding the cancellation,I wrote them an emails and their reply was funny 

Timeline
On 5/20/2020 at 11:03 AM, Herbie Khan said:

I sent an email to lagosiv@state.gov and had no replies for about a week. I decided to send it to their emergency and that’s when I received this:

>Hello,

All visa operations are cancelled, as is your appointment. Notifications were sent out and I do not know why you didn't receive yours. Please check your e-mail "junk email" folder.

The section will not reopen for normal services until  safely able to do so. Until that time, please be patient. There is nothing else we can do.

Lagos Visa Unit
<

That was it. Does anyone have any advice concerning what to do next? Or what is anyone doing as they wait?

Timeline
On 5/29/2020 at 3:33 PM, PatLuvO said:

I saw this on the Nigeria Consulate Instagram page. The ambassador didn’t give an exact date but figured I’d share.

100A294D-4E2E-4430-9BD0-9134A9B15D60.jpeg

So will they automatically issue new dates ,Cos this date was scheduled by nvc or we should reschedule by ourselves 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Orafu LAWRENCE said:

So will they automatically issue new dates ,Cos this date was scheduled by nvc or we should reschedule by ourselves 

I think if you already had a date that was scheduled during the lockdown they will reschedule it for you once they have a date in mind for reopening. You should definitely send an email to NVC and the embassy as well just to be on the safe side. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.