Crb1

Denied I-129f, Denial letter states I-130 approved but no NOA 2 yet

7 posts in this topic

Hello all, I just want to give an update and share some frustration. On April 17th 2020 I received an update via Case Tracker that our I-129f had been denied. We were very excited and were eagerly awaiting the I-130 approval surely to be coming next. Our PD for I-129f was Oct 4, 2019 our I-130 PD is June 6, 2019 both LIN. The next day April 18th I received the I-129f denial letter in the mail. The reason they gave for the I-129f denial was that we had an immigrant visa approved and there was no longer the need for the I-129f so therefore it was denied. We, as I mentioned eagerly awaited the I-130 approval in Case Tracker and/or our NOA2 for the I-130 in the mail. Well it’s been almost 25 days now since the I-129f was denied and we received that notice of denial. I called about two weeks ago to ask what was going on and why the letter, in essence, said our I-130 was approved but nothing in Case Tracker. When I talk on the phone to USCIS they say the case is still pending. I asked them why in the I-129f denial notice it stated our immigrant visa was accepted and that was the reason for the denial. They said it could have been a mistake  💔, seriously a mistake. They transferred me to the second tier officer in DC or New York, and that gentleman was nice and said the case is still pending, but based off the I-129f denial notice, it does appear it has been approved and just could be awaiting data input into the system.  That was like 13 days ago. Has anyone experienced this? This is really madness. As we sit at the date of this post our I-129f has been denied, the reason given our immigrant visa has been approved, yet in case tracker and when we call USCIS the I-130 is still pending.  We are at day 338 from our I-130 NOA1. I am just looking to see what others think, perhaps help calm my wife and I down with this madness. 

Thanks all.

Edited by Crb1

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Standard practice.  The I130 package is locked up somewhere between USCIS and DOS (State Department) but they have been merging the cases and denying the I129F since about 2008 or so.

Just because the low level drones can’t find it doesn’t mean it isnt approved.  I wouldn’t deal with USCIS, I would look for it over at NVC (national visa center) and start prepping to deal with the NVC steps.

Is there anyway to find out if our case is at the NVC stage yet? As I mentioned our I-129f denial letter gave the reason for our denial as the immigrant visa was approved. We still have not received an NOA2 yet. That was almost a month ago. I sure hope it was sent to the State Department and it just hasn’t updated in case tracker. It’s getting harder and harder everyday to see people get their I-129f denied and the I-130 approved on the same day. 

• 1 year later...
On 5/12/2020 at 10:23 PM, Crb1 said:

Is there anyway to find out if our case is at the NVC stage yet? As I mentioned our I-129f denial letter gave the reason for our denial as the immigrant visa was approved. We still have not received an NOA2 yet. That was almost a month ago. I sure hope it was sent to the State Department and it just hasn’t updated in case tracker. It’s getting harder and harder everyday to see people get their I-129f denied and the I-130 approved on the same day. 

Hi! Don’t know if you’re still on here but was curious to the outcome as I’m dealing with the same situation. Today is a month from me receiving the K3 denial letter stating my petition for CR1 has been approved when it’s still not..

3 hours ago, Niccole said:

Hi! Don’t know if you’re still on here but was curious to the outcome as I’m dealing with the same situation. Today is a month from me receiving the K3 denial letter stating my petition for CR1 has been approved when it’s still not..

We got our I-130 approval a little over a month after the K3 denial. So I would think here soon you will be getting the approval. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Situation is resolved, so old thread is now closed to further comment.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.