Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sam713 said:

This is just confirming what we already know.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/with-paperwork-locked-underground-thousands-of-u-s-citizenship-applicants-wait-and-wait-11643025603

Mar-May 2020 filers are in limbo because their A-files are stuck at FRC. FOIA is one way to overcome that hurdle.

Good article, I had so many mixed emotions when I read it. The million dollar question though, is how come the newer applicants’ cases aren’t getting stuck at those limestone FRC caves like ours are? Are they stored in a different facility, or are theirs kept electronically? I didn’t see the answer to that question, unless I missed it.

Also, was there anything about whether the FOIA requests did anything to retrieve them from those caves? The Israeli couple got theirs tracked down by hiring a lawyer, I didn’t see anything mentioned about FOIA.

And I can’t believe we are talking about caves in the 21st century, in what is supposedly one of the most developed nations on earth.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kaptan said:

Good article, I had so many mixed emotions when I read it. The million dollar question though, is how come the newer applicants’ cases aren’t getting stuck at those limestone FRC caves like ours are? Are they stored in a different facility, or are theirs kept electronically? I didn’t see the answer to that question, unless I missed it.

Good question.  My theory on this is that it depends on the history of each case in particular.  Some newer applicants are also stuck (like mine, I filed in Feb 2021).  It seems to depend on whether you had an old A-file or not, meaning an immigration history (or even non-immigration visas) from before 2010.  Those cases are all in paper, not like the new ones that are electronic, hence the delays getting those old files.  Just my 2 cents here.

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Coco&Kitten said:

Good question.  My theory on this is that it depends on the history of each case in particular.  Some newer applicants are also stuck (like mine, I filed in Feb 2021).  It seems to depend on whether you had an old A-file or not, meaning an immigration history (or even non-immigration visas) from before 2010.  Those cases are all in paper, not like the new ones that are electronic, hence the delays getting those old files.  Just my 2 cents here.

It’s definitely a reasonable theory. My wife arrived in the US in 2015 for the first time, but I did live here between 1996-2003 on F-1 and H1-B visas, and I’ve noticed our applications are moving (if you can call it that) in tandem so far, so it might be my pre-2010 history that’s holding both of us up. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, Coco&Kitten said:

This is also my theory actually.  I’ve been asking people who’s cases are stuck (on all different platforms) when they started and and a majority of them are older files.   My original file was started in 2008.  But there has been a lot of them that are around the 2009 mark. (My 10 yr was issued in 2009).  
It’s a very valid reason in my opinion.   

29 minutes ago, STurcotte77 said:

This is also my theory actually.  I’ve been asking people who’s cases are stuck (on all different platforms) when they started and and a majority of them are older files.   My original file was started in 2008.  But there has been a lot of them that are around the 2009 mark. (My 10 yr was issued in 2009).  
It’s a very valid reason in my opinion.   

It's really hard to find a pattern. I came to the US in 2015 and my case was stuck. I've also seen people who have been in the US for over a decade and who have applied for naturalization in late 2020 or sometime in 2021 and got their applications processed quickly with no issues. USCIS is a mystery to me. The process is very manual and highly dependent on humans as opposed to systems which makes it very inefficient. If this is the last time you have to deal with them, then you're probably good since they will get to your application at some point and you won't have to deal with this headache again. But if you have to deal with them again for something as simple as getting a replacement naturalization certificate or as complex as sponsoring someone, then you're bound to be disappointed again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Sam713 said:

It's really hard to find a pattern. I came to the US in 2015 and my case was stuck. I've also seen people who have been in the US for over a decade and who have applied for naturalization in late 2020 or sometime in 2021 and got their applications processed quickly with no issues. USCIS is a mystery to me. The process is very manual and highly dependent on humans as opposed to systems which makes it very inefficient. If this is the last time you have to deal with them, then you're probably good since they will get to your application at some point and you won't have to deal with this headache again. But if you have to deal with them again for something as simple as getting a replacement naturalization certificate or as complex as sponsoring someone, then you're bound to be disappointed again.

Yeah,  it just seems there is no rhyme or reason to their processes at this point. 

One of the biggest reasons I waited so long to file for my N400 was just not wanting to deal with USCIS for a while (when I did my initial they accidently put someone else's number on my application at biometrics and it took 3 extra months of me hassling them to fix it).  

I am going to just keep plugging along with the FOIA and possibly sue if it that doesn't work. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 1/20/2022 at 4:54 PM, STurcotte77 said:

Oh sorry!  When check your FOIA status there is a "Document Library" on the top right under the control number.  There should be a receipt letter there and it will say on there.  🙂

Hi there! Does your letter say anything about $25 fees? 

Hello Everyone, 
Recently I submitted N 400. 
I filed all papers and application Sent By Mail Not Online , I Didn't Request for Online account with uscis or anything and i didn't file any forms to request Online account i always prefer to receive everything by mail .
After Filling N400 i receive Reuse biometric letter and received letter from Uscis it says they created Uscis Online account for me and i have 90 days to long on and confirm my Online account with uscis and they sent me Online Access Code . 

what is the benefits Or advantages and disadvantages Of Creating Account Online with uscis .

here is my questions 
1-What will happen if i didn't confirm my Online Account with uscis and just ignore this letter regarding Online Access code .

2-will be any delay for my case N400 if i ignored this letter regarding confirm my Online account 

3-Will I receive All letters in the future by the mail from Uscis about my case if i confirmed my Online account with them Or all updates, informations and letters will be Only On my Online account. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.