Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, keyuree1 said:

Could you please let us know when your interview goes through? Thank you!

My relative filed N-400 in Nov 2020, did the interview, and passed the test on August 2021 but was told the decision cannot be because the USCIS did not recieve an old file from 2001. Even some  people who got interviewed still in limbo. I wonder if making FOIA request would help this category of applicants.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 1/18/2022 at 5:08 PM, Rfranca267 said:

Hi all, 

My question is, I moved to NJ about 3 months ago. I didn’t change the address at USCUS because I keep both residences since my son still lives in the NYC address, both are still under my name and I still go back and forth. Would changing my address to NJ transfer the case to NJ and subsequently make them actually dig up the file that is pending for so long? Or is it just a change of address for a potential closer location? Or should I just leave it since I’ve been waiting for so long.. I don’t know, I guess I want to try anything I can to make them actually work on it. It’s been long enough. 
Any light on the subject will be helpful. Txs 

I also filed in may 2020 and basically moved to another state a few months after that. I believe it reset the clock for me. Then as I was getting closed, my clock reset back to 14-15 months once I changed address back to another state. To be clear, you're required to update your address if you move. But for me I think moving twice to different states kinda delayed things for me (i think).

Having filed my May 2020 hasn't helped either as its one of the few cursed months where people seem to be hard-stuck, ignored so far while new filers are getting approved. 

*sigh*

Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

12 hours ago, keyuree1 said:

Could you please let us know when your interview goes through? Thank you!

I had my interview on 1/10 and already got scheduled for Oath in 2 weeks. My wife also had her interview last Friday and is now in line for Oath ceremony. We both had our interviews scheduled one month after filing FOIA requests.

1 hour ago, Sam713 said:

I had my interview on 1/10 and already got scheduled for Oath in 2 weeks. My wife also had her interview last Friday and is now in line for Oath ceremony. We both had our interviews scheduled one month after filing FOIA requests.

Congrats. I followed the same. My interview is scheduled on Feb 12th exactly after 1 month from FOIA request, but mine is still step 2. 

41 minutes ago, DrGeek said:

If helpful, filed FOIA on 12/13, interview scheduled on 1/18. Spouse did not file FOIA in Dec, no updates. 

Sam73, mind discussing the interview? Did they ask for tax returns or anything extra? TIA!

It was pretty short, around 5 minutes. Only thing they asked for was my GC. Nothing else. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone, got notification that my FOIA request was completed. I filed it on 12/10, requested full A-file and it went under the complex track 2 processing. I received the files in my online account and it’s comprehensive. 600+ pages of all my USCIS applications from F1 visa to green card application, removal of conditional status and now citizenship application. It’s a pdf of all documents I had sent. Some interesting internal DHS docs as well regarding my background information, marriage status, employment.

I have my interview scheduled for 02/15, pretty sure FOIA triggered it. Thanks again to samxx for the tip.

2 minutes ago, ironfist81 said:

Hi everyone, got notification that my FOIA request was completed. I filed it on 12/10, requested full A-file and it went under the complex track 2 processing. I received the files in my online account and it’s comprehensive. 600+ pages of all my USCIS applications from F1 visa to green card application, removal of conditional status and now citizenship application. It’s a pdf of all documents I had sent. Some interesting internal DHS docs as well regarding my background information, marriage status, employment.

I have my interview scheduled for 02/15, pretty sure FOIA triggered it. Thanks again to samxx for the tip.

Awesome! Congrats! I also applied for FOIA on 12/14 - It's still in Step 2 - but my interview is scheduled for Feb 12th. How long your were in step 2? Can you throw some light on it pls?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
13 minutes ago, April202Filer said:

Awesome! Congrats! I also applied for FOIA on 12/14 - It's still in Step 2 - but my interview is scheduled for Feb 12th. How long your were in step 2? Can you throw some light on it pls?

12/10 - Applied for FOIA

12/23 - FOIA change of application status (Step2/3)

01/10 - Interview Scheduled

01/20 - FOIA completed and files received

02/15 - Interview Due

8 minutes ago, Rn400 said:

Great news ! Ironfist81, when did you got notified for interview ? 

01/10/22

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
24 minutes ago, ironfist81 said:

Mine is still in step 3

3 minutes ago, ironfist81 said:

12/10 - Applied for FOIA

12/23 - FOIA change of application status (Step2/3)

01/10 - Interview Scheduled

01/20 - FOIA completed and files received

02/15 - Interview Due

01/10/22

Great -  Thanks for listing down the details! I appreciate it. Mine below 

12/14 - Applied for FOIA

12/27 - FOIA change of application status (Step2) - Still in Step 2 

01/13 - Interview Scheduled

02/12 - Interview Due

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, April202Filer said:

Great -  Thanks for listing down the details! I appreciate it. Mine below 

12/14 - Applied for FOIA

12/27 - FOIA change of application status (Step2) - Still in Step 2 

01/13 - Interview Scheduled

02/12 - Interview Due

Awesome.  
I’m so mad at myself cause I filed on 12/23 but only requested the N-400 (I don’t know what I was thinking).   I filed for the A file 1/12 and just hit step 2 (complex track 2) today.  

Edited by STurcotte77

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.