Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, keyuree1 said:

I have been here since 2001. I wonder if my A-file is much more complex to gather because of that. It probably has something to do with the field office too. Seems like the two people who received their interview notice filed in California. Then again it is just speculation! 

My FOIA went to Step 3 in Dec 30 and I'm still waiting for

1 hour ago, Lazybuny said:

Nothing what so ever. It's staying at step 2!!!!!

Me & wife filed FOIA on Dec 12th. Mine went to step 3 on Dec 30. My wife's is still in Step 2. No Interview scheduled for both.

A group of April 2020 filers is considering a class action suit against the USCIS. 

Is anyone interested? 

Please see the discussion here: 

Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free... and who will not become a public charge!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
6 hours ago, STurcotte77 said:

I have to agree with you!   I was holding out a last hope that the FOIA would help, but nothing has moved since it went to step 3 on 12/23.  

I am also thinking I will just file for a renewal as well.  I've got the application waiting to hit send.  LOL 

I wonder if it would trigger something. When I started filling the application for the green card renewal, it said that I already have a pending application. If nothing happens until May, I might just do that. I don't even wanna be a citizen anymore. :(

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone. 

I am also one of the very frustrated people who are in this limbo and at my wits end. 

Filed online May 6th 2020

I am an Iowa resident 

My 10 yr GC expires June of 2023. 

I really don't know what to do. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
56 minutes ago, magentahaze said:

Hey everyone. 

I am also one of the very frustrated people who are in this limbo and at my wits end. 

I am an Iowa resident 

I thought about maybe drawing up a petition from all of us and sending it to the White House.   

I mean I am already on a 12 month extension stamp which is due to expire in April, I don't even know if they will issue another one or not.  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
58 minutes ago, magentahaze said:

Hey everyone. 

I am an Iowa resident 

hang in there, so many people are in the same situation with you. It won't drag you to 2023, so you will be fine. Last thing, vote all the people out from current offices after you can vote.

Timeline
12 hours ago, keyuree1 said:

I wonder if it would trigger something. When I started filling the application for the green card renewal, it said that I already have a pending application. If nothing happens until May, I might just do that. I don't even wanna be a citizen anymore. :(

I don't know anymore.  HA!   

I filed for citizenship mainly so I could just get my name changed back (I am divorced) and I didn't want to have to file and pay for a name change and a renewal. The only urgency I have really is that I am on an extension stamp that expires April of this year and I don't know if i can get another one.  It's all very frustrating and stressful at this point. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
15 minutes ago, STurcotte77 said:

I don't know anymore.  HA!   

I filed for citizenship mainly so I could just get my name changed back (I am divorced) and I didn't want to have to file and pay for a name change and a renewal. The only urgency I have really is that I am on an extension stamp that expires April of this year and I don't know if i can get another one.  It's all very frustrating and stressful at this point. 

They are gonna have to give you another one because your status didn't expire it's only your card. Only a judge can rule on your status as a permanent resident. For example, if you commit crime. So you should be good. My stamp expires in March so I will have to go back again to get a new one because I wanna be able to travel back home in case of emergency. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, keyuree1 said:

They are gonna have to give you another one because your status didn't expire it's only your card. Only a judge can rule on your status as a permanent resident. For example, if you commit crime. So you should be good. My stamp expires in March so I will have to go back again to get a new one because I wanna be able to travel back home in case of emergency. 

Oh , well that is good to know!  It sounds like we are in very similar situations. 

19 hours ago, rams_usa said:

Me & wife filed FOIA on Dec 12th. Mine went to step 3 on Dec 30. My wife's is still in Step 2. No Interview scheduled for both.

Great news!!! I just logged into USCIS portal this morning and see both mine and wife's interview were scheduled for Feb. 

We filed FOIA on Dec 12th. Mine went to step 3 on Dec 30. My wife's is still in Step 2 as of this morning. 

It looks like FOIA has triggered the interview. 

We have international trip next day after the interview and wondering if we can ask USCIS to have next Oath ceremony date instead of the same day oath. Any one has any experience in this ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
28 minutes ago, rams_usa said:

Great news!!! I just logged into USCIS portal this morning and see both mine and wife's interview were scheduled for Feb. 

We filed FOIA on Dec 12th. Mine went to step 3 on Dec 30. My wife's is still in Step 2 as of this morning. 

We have international trip next day after the interview and wondering if we can ask USCIS to have next Oath ceremony date instead of the same day oath. Any one has any experience in this ?

Congrats, that's awesome.  I really believe all the ones on here still waiting will get their interviews soon.

1 hour ago, Rn400 said:

really great news rams_usa ! congrats !

mine 12/10-FOIA submitted

step 3 for me and step 2 for my wife  and no interview! fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, rams_usa said:

Congrats! I submitted FOIA on December 14th got the letter on Dec 27th still its Step 2 for both me and my wife. Do any of you know when will this move to Step 3? Mine is saying currently ~11,500 out of 17,500 in pending Queue? Did Miss anything while requesting for FOIA? Any insight will be helpful!

Edited by April202Filer

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Happy to inform that I too have been scheduled for my interview on Valentine's day (lol) . For better context from an FOIA perspective, my wife's FOIA went to step 3 a week before mine did and now my interview has been scheduled a week after her's. 

I really think FOIA did the trick and urge all who have not done so to go ahead and submit a request - you have nothing to lose ! 

42 minutes ago, April202Filer said:

Congrats! I submitted FOIA on December 14th got the letter on Dec 27th still its Step 2 for both me and my wife. Do any of you know when will this move to Step 3? Mine is saying currently ~11,500 out of 17,500 in pending Queue? Did Miss anything while requesting for FOIA? Any insight will be helpful!

Mine is in that range as well - I guess you will receive your appointment soon. 

1 minute ago, roddie2k said:

Happy to inform that I too have been scheduled for my interview on Valentine's day (lol) . For better context from an FOIA perspective, my wife's FOIA went to step 3 a week before mine did and now my interview has been scheduled a week after her's. 

I really think FOIA did the trick and urge all who have not done so to go ahead and submit a request - you have nothing to lose ! 

Congrats. How do you do the FOIA please? Any idea? Can one do that even if one’s case is still within the processing time?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.