Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
40 minutes ago, fairvien said:

I'm on the same boat: filed on 5/11/2020, no movement since biometrics in January 2021. Washington DC field office, submitted an "outside of normal processing time" request on 10/4. Called USCIS and learned that my case still hasn't been assigned to an officer... Has anyone contacted attorney? the backhole for April/May 2020 filers is truly annoying...

Same here, filed on May 20, 2020. Tried to call agent in Sept. after out of process time, couldn't talk to a live person and the auto voice system hung up after it warned me... congresswoman was useless after inquiry in the end of Sept., asked me to wait for 3 months to inquiry. I am not in a rush, but it's just an annoying and unfair process. 

The journey is finally over. I had my interview and oath ceremony today. The IO asked me if I wanted to schedule the oath ceremony for a later date. I told him that while the IOs have all been very nice during this whole immigration process, I was done with having to come back for another time. So, I got sworn in and I have an appointment later today at the post office to submit my passport application.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
31 minutes ago, WOODHIKER said:

The journey is finally over. I had my interview and oath ceremony today. The IO asked me if I wanted to schedule the oath ceremony for a later date. I told him that while the IOs have all been very nice during this whole immigration process, I was done with having to come back for another time. So, I got sworn in and I have an appointment later today at the post office to submit my passport application.

Congratulations 

4 hours ago, WOODHIKER said:

Congrats!!! So great to hear that! Did you receive the interview notice by just waiting patiently?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, WOODHIKER said:

Congratulations!  So nice they were able to get everything done at the same time. 

On 10/12/2021 at 4:05 PM, fairvien said:

Congrats!!! So great to hear that! Did you receive the interview notice by just waiting patiently?

Yes, I just waited. When I first filed the estimated date was August 2021, so I knew it was going to a long wait when I first applied.

Timeline

So, I just received a response from USCIS to my request regarding "outside normal processing time".  

"A file request has been initiated. Once the file is received, we will schedule the interview".  Not sure exactly what this means, but I am going to use my common sense that my file has not even reached my local ASC.   Grrrrr. 

Any others here have an idea? 

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
11 minutes ago, STurcotte77 said:

So, I just received a response from USCIS to my request regarding "outside normal processing time".  

"A file request has been initiated. Once the file is received, we will schedule the interview".  Not sure exactly what this means, but I am going to use my common sense that my file has not even reached my local ASC.   Grrrrr. 

Any others here have an idea? 

Well its good that you didn't get a response like ' your files are held up at the FRC which is closed ' . When I called up tier 1 , they were able to tell me from their system that my file hasn't reached the field office yet. 

You could probably write to the Ombudsman's office to see if they can move your case quickly.

Elsewhere I also read a request sent to the white house did the trick (https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/)

Timeline
20 hours ago, roddie2k said:

Well its good that you didn't get a response like ' your files are held up at the FRC which is closed ' . When I called up tier 1 , they were able to tell me from their system that my file hasn't reached the field office yet. 

You could probably write to the Ombudsman's office to see if they can move your case quickly.

Elsewhere I also read a request sent to the white house did the trick (https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/)

Oh Gosh!  Yes, that would have decidedly been worse.   I have already written to my ombudsman here and have yet to hear back, but I may write again specifically requesting action on my file. 

Thank you for this info!  I am already on  an extended I551 stamp, I would really hate to have to go again for another one.  Especially since I have been a permanent resident for the last 2 years (from approval of the intial GC application)..:-)  

On 10/16/2021 at 12:25 PM, STurcotte77 said:

Oh Gosh!  Yes, that would have decidedly been worse.   I have already written to my ombudsman here and have yet to hear back, but I may write again specifically requesting action on my file. 

Thank you for this info!  I am already on  an extended I551 stamp, I would really hate to have to go again for another one.  Especially since I have been a permanent resident for the last 2 years (from approval of the intial GC application)..:-)  

How do we write to the ombudman. Is there a specific email address or link?

Timeline
On 10/17/2021 at 5:56 PM, ptMay2020 said:

How do we write to the ombudman. Is there a specific email address or link?

Hi! If you go to this link and click your state, it will show who your Ombudsman is and how to contact them. 

Hope that helps. 

Hi,

Applied for N400 for my and wife in May 2020. Go biometrics in Jan 2021 which is completed. No updates after that. Opened case outside processing time SR but no update even after 1 month. Opened another SR and its been 3 weeks and no update.

Omaha USCIS office processing time is 10 to 14 months.

Sent message to Ombudsman  and congressman today. Lets see if it helps in any way.

17 minutes ago, rams_usa said:

Hi,

Applied for N400 for my and wife in May 2020. Go biometrics in Jan 2021 which is completed. No updates after that. Opened case outside processing time SR but no update even after 1 month. Opened another SR and its been 3 weeks and no update.

Omaha USCIS office processing time is 10 to 14 months.

Sent message to Ombudsman  and congressman today. Lets see if it helps in any way.

Called USCIS just now. They said to open another SR (3rd SR)  next week and wait for 30 days. If I don't hear for the 3rd SR after 30 days, then she said that it will be escalated to L2 officer. Their policy is to have 3 un responded SR's before escalating it to L2/Visa officer.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 10/20/2021 at 10:38 AM, rams_usa said:

Called USCIS just now. They said to open another SR (3rd SR)  next week and wait for 30 days. If I don't hear for the 3rd SR after 30 days, then she said that it will be escalated to L2 officer. Their policy is to have 3 un responded SR's before escalating it to L2/Visa officer.

What is a L2 officer? 
honestly I’m trying to throw everything I have at them. Kinda like the last minute of a fireworks. 

i was also worried about the FRC but I think they’re all partially reopened now. 

Filed: Other Country: Kuwait
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ally&Axel said:

What is a L2 officer? 
honestly I’m trying to throw everything I have at them. Kinda like the last minute of a fireworks. 

i was also worried about the FRC but I think they’re all partially reopened now. 

@Ally&Axel How did you determine that the FRC is partially reopened ? Was there a report /news somewhere on this?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.