Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, B and E said:

Yes, same. My husband had to wait outside. I even asked before the oath but they declined my request. 

Hello, 

I am looking at your banner :" 

May 11th, 2020: Hardcopy NOA1 Postmarked  [Day 7 ]

September 22nd, 2020: N-400 Interview Passed, Oath Ceremony Completed, Received Certificate of Naturalization [ Day 141]

September 22nd, 2020: Journey Completed, I am now a citizen :) "

Can I ask when did you get the interview notice ? by mail or any text msg?

Thank you

On 9/25/2020 at 6:04 PM, B and E said:

Hi All,

My experience was similar. Arrive 15 minutes before hand. They wont let you in before that. I showed my appointment letter to the security person. I was asked to wait to be called by the IO. In the office with the IO we began with the reading test.

I was asked to read: Where is the White House?

Then to write: The White House is in Washington DC

Then the civics test:

1) Name 2 American holidays

2) What did the Emancipation Proclamation do

3) Who was the first President?

4) Who is the speaker of the house of representatives

5) Name one branch of government

6) When is Independence Day

After completing the tests we proceeded to go through my N-400 Application. At the end I was told I was approved for Naturalization and my Oath would be done the same day.  I was directed back to the waiting area where I filled out a white form asking about any changes such as travel and criminality since the interview (5 minutes ago lol). As well as a space to write in my current home address, and where the local USCIS office is located. I returned the form to the person at a window along with many other people. It seems like everyone there was for naturalization. After some time small groups were called to do the oath in the ceremony room socially distanced of course. 

We then received small American flags, a packet with new citizen info, Passport forms, our naturalization certificate, and a letter from the president. I was surprised to see how much information was on the certificate. My picture from biometrics was on there! (This was reused from ROC). They also listed marital status, date of naturalization, country of former citizenship and a whole bunch of other information. 

Hope this helps! It will all work out well

Was your interview for your ROC and N400 together? I am wondering if my spouse needs to come with me. The interview letter does not mention that and I am driving very far for the interview. I did hear of someone else who last minute had to get their spouse there. 

On 9/25/2020 at 6:10 PM, B and E said:

Definitely request a original now as a backup in case they ask for it later if possible and bring the copy with you in the meantime. You may need the marriage certificate for something else later. Good luck!

thank you! I do have a certificate from the ceremony, but I doubt those have any legal standing. I will bring the copy I have and hope for the best. I imagine what I am trying to prove now is that we continue to be married. We already proved we were married in the original application, now it's just removal of conditions and N400. Maybe that will help.. I am just hoping for the best. Bringing so much proof of the legitimacy of our marriage. There is a ton of pictures of our travels, with our families celebrating holidays for years and several financial ties.. I think any reasonable agent will be good with that, just have to hope I don't get the super strict one. I will report back tomorrow!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Had my interview today at Cleveland Ohio Office.  

IO was very professional and clearly stated the steps we were going thru and what I was to expect.  

She asked me to stand and sworn me in to tell the truth and nothing but the truth.  

Then proceeded to the civics test:

- what is the capital of our state 

- who is the speaker of the House of Representatives 

- when is Independence Day celebrated

- name one of the rights from the first amendment 

- who is in charge of the executive branch 

- name one of our senators 

I got all those right so she stopped at 6 questions.  

then she asked me to read from the tablet screen:

- How many senators are there?

Then she said to me and I had to write down in the tablet:

-There are one hundred senators

She said I had passed the civics and English tests. Then proceeded with the yes/no questions that are in the N-400 form (have you ever.....?) 

There was one question about are you a member of any organization... and I paused and said “athletic organization? I am a member at the gym”. She smiled behind the mask and said those are ok and do not count.  And I said “Costco?” She said everyone likes to say that on that question, and I said “we must all be proud Costco members”. And we both chuckled.  

At the end she stated she was recommending me for approval and that I was to wait for them to contact me regarding oath ceremony.  They would either hold it at the courthouse (If they open) or at USCIS office. And likely only myself would be allowed in the room because of Covid.  

I had brought a binder with evidences, printed everything I submitted and more evidences. The only things I was asked to present were my Appointment letter, my Green Card and my Passport.  
She did not ask me for Husbands (USC) birth certificate or passport.  Nor asked for our marriage certificate.  I thought she would ask for that since my passport has my maiden name, and the Green Card has my married name.  

she printed a One page report That states you passed the civics and English tests and your application is being recommended for approval. 

now back to the waiting game! 

- ~ AOS Journey ~ -
03/02/2016 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131

[Day 62] 05/03 - Received EAD/AP combo card by mail

[Day 328] 01/24/2017 - Interview for AOS

[Day 336] 02/01 - Received GC. 

- ~ ROC Journey ~ -
10/29/2018 - Sent I-751

07/02/2019 - Biometrics appointment 

08/22/2019 - ROC Approval

10 minutes ago, lntdenver said:

IO was very professional and clearly stated the steps we were going thru and what I was to expect.  

She asked me to stand and sworn me in to tell the truth and nothing but the truth.  

She said I had passed the civics and English tests. Then proceeded with the yes/no questions that are in the N-400 form (have you ever.....?) 

There was one question about are you a member of any organization... and I paused and said “athletic organization? I am a member at the gym”. She smiled behind the mask and said those are ok and do not count.  And I said “Costco?” She said everyone likes to say that on that question, and I said “we must all be proud Costco members”. And we both chuckled.  

At the end she stated she was recommending me for approval and that I was to wait for them to contact me regarding oath ceremony.  They would either hold it at the courthouse (If they open) or at USCIS office. And likely only myself would be allowed in the room because of Covid.  

I had brought a binder with evidences, printed everything I submitted and more evidences. The only things I was asked to present were my Appointment letter, my Green Card and my Passport.  
She did not ask me for Husbands (USC) birth certificate or passport.  Nor asked for our marriage certificate.  I thought she would ask for that since my passport has my maiden name, and the Green Card has my married name.  

she printed a One page report That states you passed the civics and English tests and your application is being recommended for approval. 

Congrats! We are hearing of so many people taking their oath right there and then, I was wondering if anyone had to wait anymore. No biggie, at least you are approved!! This wait is at least slightly less stressful. Thanks for sharing your update

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
42 minutes ago, lntdenver said:

Congratulations !! Did you apply for passport?

Timeline
18 hours ago, cdherrera said:

Congrats! We are hearing of so many people taking their oath right there and then, I was wondering if anyone had to wait anymore. No biggie, at least you are approved!! This wait is at least slightly less stressful. Thanks for sharing your update

I think maybe it depends on the field office?
Cleveland Courthouse is still closed, and I wonder if they are hoping to reopen and have the oath ceremony there (as it normally is)... 

it was a little disappointing because of the expectations I had after seeing everyone posting about having it right then and there. 

my status changed to “you attended your interview” and “we approved your application”.  

5DB66DF4-14AC-4E1E-828C-005FDC6D82D8.jpeg

- ~ AOS Journey ~ -

- ~ ROC Journey ~ -
10/29/2018 - Sent I-751

Timeline
18 hours ago, Chrisfer77 said:

Congratulations !! Did you apply for passport?

No, I did not.  I still have to go back for the oath ceremony.  

- ~ AOS Journey ~ -

- ~ ROC Journey ~ -
10/29/2018 - Sent I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
10 hours ago, cdherrera said:

Hi everyone, just want to report that I had my interview today for my I-751 and N-400. The officer went through the applications making sure all information was accurate. She didn't go through any of the evidence I uploaded online and did not ask for additional documents either. The test was questions directly from the one's posted on the USCIS website and despite me wording some differently (not word by word from the study guide) everything went well. I took the oath at the same time, just me and that same officer who reviewed my applications. Since I had a late appointment, I was asked to come back the next day for my certificate. It was such a breeze! It almost doesn't seem real.. after all those years of waiting.. My case time online estimated completion in May of 2021, so hopefully that means more people will be seen much sooner. Best of luck to the rest of you guys and thank you to everyone who took the time to share helpful advice. This forum was a great help for me. 

Congratulations !

Timeline

updated status! still waiting for letter to be loaded into documents tab or show up in mailbox.  But this is good news for now.  

“We scheduled your naturalization ceremony

View your letter on your documents tab for the ceremony date, time, and location 

Note: It may take up to a few days for your letter to show on your documents tab.

You will take the Oath of Allegiance and receive your Certificate of Naturalization at your ceremony. You will also return your Green Card and answer questions about your activity since your interview.

You will also have the opportunity to apply for a U.S. Passport/Passport Card, register to vote, and update your Social Security record.

What to bring

• Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony (N-445)
  • Permanent Resident Card “

- ~ AOS Journey ~ -

- ~ ROC Journey ~ -
10/29/2018 - Sent I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I just received biometric reuse notification in the mail today. The notice has also been uploaded to my online account. I'm glad my case is moving forward!

N400 Timeline

05 May 2020: Application submitted online

06 May 2020: NOA received

28 Sep 2020: Biometric reuse notification

28 Oct 2020: Interview scheduled for 02 Dec 2020 (online notification)

02 Dec 2020: Interview at 9 am in Lawrence, MA (approved)

02 Dec 2020: Naturalization Oath Ceremony

***************************************************************************************

ROC (I-751) Timeline

26 Jan 2019: ROC Window opened

06 Feb 2019: ROC package sent to Lewisville, TX

08 Feb 2019: ROC package delivered 

13 Feb 2019: Received txt msg with receipt # EACxxxxxxx

14 Feb 2019: Check cashed

16 Feb 2019: Received NOA (18 month extenstion letter) from Vermont Service Center

09 Mar 2019: Biometrics appointment letter received

18 Mar 2019: Biometrics appointment

11 Mar 2020: Green Card approved

13 Mar 2020: Card was mailed to me

18 Mar 2020: Received my 10 year Green Card 😀

Its nice to see everyone's case moving. My case hasnt moved at all, just the initial case # notice and then complete silence :(

04/28/2016 - Packet reached USCIS (i-130, i-485, i-131, i-765)

05/05/2016 - Checks cashed

05/06/2016 - USCIS Email/Text acceptance confirmation

05/09/2016 - NOA1 hard copy

05/13/2016 - Biometrics letter arrived in mail

05/27/2016 - Biometrics scheduled

07/20/2016 - Submitted Service Request for (I-765); Sent letter to congressman
07/21/2016 - EAD card is being produced
07/21/2016 - AP document is being produced
07/23/2016 - AP documnt received
07/27/2016 - EAD card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.