Scandi

N-400 May 2020 filers

1,930 posts in this topic

Just now, sailorgal said:

Hi there, same thing happened to me. I moved and updated my address but my letters/notices are still going to my old address (which fortunately is my in-laws' address so I just collect my USCIS mail when I visit them). The USCIS website shows my new address as my 'physical address' but still has my old address as the 'mailing address'. I have changed my address before, multiple times actually, and never had this issue. So, a glitch in USCIS's system maybe? Although I did get lucky and they moved my case closer to my address so my interview location is 30 mins away vs almost 2.5 hours of driving had they scheduled it based on my old address. You might be able to update it when you go in for your interview, at least that is what I plan to do.

Yeah, maybe a glitch.. I am less worried because I do have proof that I submitted my new address, and since I am still a home owner in the area I still have some connection to there. I'm just going to bring the proof with me the day of the interview just in case. When is your interview? Any clue what happens after that's done?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
5 minutes ago, cdherrera said:

Yeah, maybe a glitch.. I am less worried because I do have proof that I submitted my new address, and since I am still a home owner in the area I still have some connection to there. I'm just going to bring the proof with me the day of the interview just in case. When is your interview? Any clue what happens after that's done?

Good point, I just printed a proof of when I submitted for my change of address just so I have it on me.

My interview is on Sept 23rd, so in a week, at the Raleigh-Durham USCIS Center in North Carolina. I read up some reviews about this particular center and to answer your question about what might happen next - one review said the immigration officer had them take their citizenship oath the same day they interviewed after their interview was done. I don't know how often this happens because I have mostly read about how the IO tells you at the end of the interview if you have been approved, denied, or if they need more evidence from you. If you have been approved, they send your case for administrative processing and from there I could take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks before you are scheduled to come in for the oath ceremony.

March 24, 2015: K1 petition mailed to Lewisville, TX via UPS

March 27, 2015: UPS tracking shows USCIS has received the petition

March 31, 2015: NOA1 notification received in email and text with USCIS receipt number (7 days after submitting the petition)

April 24, 2015: Case approved by USCIS (24 days after receiving NOA1)

May 1, 2015: NOA2 received in mail

May 14, 2015: Case getting processed at NVC

May 19, 2015: NVC processing done

May 24, 2015: Letter from NVC received (31 days after receiving NOA2) (case forwarded to consulate, interview location allotted)

May 25, 2015: I receive Packet 3 from United States Consulate General, Mumbai

May 28, 2015: Filled DS-160 form online, confirmation received and printed

June 1, 2015: Visa fees paid. Consular interview and OFC scheduled for 10 July, 2015

June 15, 2015: Medical examination

July 10, 2015: Visa interview at Mumbai Consulate. Visa approved!!

July 11, 13, 15, 2015: Case status on caec changed to 'Ready' on each mentioned date and case creation dates updated on each mentioned date
July 16, 2015: Case creation date updated, case status changed to 'Administrative Processing'
July 17, 2015: Case status updated to 'Issued' passport dispatched through BlueDart, DHL

July 20, 2015: Received passport with my visa on it and a sealed yellow envelope

September 2, 2015: POE Orlando, Florida

September 17, 2015: Courthouse marriage. We're married!

October 8, 2015: AOS, EAD and AP application submitted via UPS

October 19, 2015: NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP received in mail

October 24, 2015: Civil marriage with families present. We're married, again!

October 27, 2015: Biometric notice received in mail

November 2, 2015: Biometrics done (walk-in at Orlando center) and RFE received in email for GC appliaction

January 7, 2016: EAD, AP approved (91 days after submitting the AOS application)

March 11, 2016: GC approved

May 6, 2020: Filed N400 online

May 7, 2020: Online receipt confirming USCIS received my case for N400 online (hard copy received in mail)

August 7, 2020: Online notification of biometrics reuse (hard copy received in mail)

August 14, 2020: Online notification for interview appointment (hard copy received in mail)

September 23, 2020: Naturalization interview, case approved, took oath, and just like that I am now a citizen of the United States!

1 hour ago, sailorgal said:

Good point, I just printed a proof of when I submitted for my change of address just so I have it on me.

My interview is on Sept 23rd, so in a week, at the Raleigh-Durham USCIS Center in North Carolina. I read up some reviews about this particular center and to answer your question about what might happen next - one review said the immigration officer had them take their citizenship oath the same day they interviewed after their interview was done. I don't know how often this happens because I have mostly read about how the IO tells you at the end of the interview if you have been approved, denied, or if they need more evidence from you. If you have been approved, they send your case for administrative processing and from there I could take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks before you are scheduled to come in for the oath ceremony.

Next week, how exciting! My center for the interview is in Harligen Texas which is way down South. It would be incredible if it included the oath, but I'll keep my expectations low. I am hearing of a lot of people waiting for an oath ceremony, so I will assume I will have to do the same. The website says my application is expected to be completed next year in May.  I am honestly surprised that I got an interview this soon considering how delayed everything is. Anyway, good luck in your interview! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
3 hours ago, cdherrera said:

Hi everyone, I applied May 9th and just received an update online. They are reusing my old biometrics ( I got fingerprinted in November 2019 for I-751) and I have an interview Sept 28th. I'm curious, I moved in the summer and updated my address on the website as we are supposed to. Despite that my notices are being mailed to my previous residence (which is a home I still own, so no big deal) and my appointment is near my old address, which is 4hrs from where I am at now. I certainly do not mind driving there for it, but just wondering if I should be concerned that they will see this as a problem. Since I still own my previous home, I am in the area often. I only moved because Covid changed the job availability for me, and had to take position out of the area. 

So, did they tell you they will use your biometrics and they set up an interview , all those news the same day? 

52 minutes ago, Chrisfer77 said:

So, did they tell you they will use your biometrics and they set up an interview , all those news the same day? 

when did they give u that news?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi all, anyone from Boston, MA? I submitted my N400 on the 5th of May 2020 and the only activity in my case is the NOA. I have not received an information regarding biometrics or interview.

Congratulations to others whose case is progressing!

N400 Timeline

05 May 2020: Application submitted online

06 May 2020: NOA received

28 Sep 2020: Biometric reuse notification

28 Oct 2020: Interview scheduled for 02 Dec 2020 (online notification)

02 Dec 2020: Interview at 9 am in Lawrence, MA (approved)

02 Dec 2020: Naturalization Oath Ceremony

***************************************************************************************

ROC (I-751) Timeline

26 Jan 2019: ROC Window opened

06 Feb 2019: ROC package sent to Lewisville, TX

08 Feb 2019: ROC package delivered 

13 Feb 2019: Received txt msg with receipt # EACxxxxxxx

14 Feb 2019: Check cashed

16 Feb 2019: Received NOA (18 month extenstion letter) from Vermont Service Center

09 Mar 2019: Biometrics appointment letter received

18 Mar 2019: Biometrics appointment

11 Mar 2020: Green Card approved

13 Mar 2020: Card was mailed to me

18 Mar 2020: Received my 10 year Green Card 😀

May 31st N400 filer, Charlotte NC. Still no word on biometrics. Called USCIS asking when there’d be movement. Was told I should wait 90 days after ASC’s reopened in July. Hopefully will know something by October 10. I’ve seen a few instances where people after me have already gotten biometrics reuse so trying to stay positive :)

20 minutes ago, CLT_CZ2020 said:

May 31st N400 filer, Charlotte NC. Still no word on biometrics. Called USCIS asking when there’d be movement. Was told I should wait 90 days after ASC’s reopened in July. Hopefully will know something by October 10. I’ve seen a few instances where people after me have already gotten biometrics reuse so trying to stay positive :)

I am may 5 raleigh NC still waiting for biometric... I also got the same information 

Timeline
14 hours ago, whirlpool said:

when did they give u that news?

They did not give it to me, they gave to who I quoted above. Looks like USCIS is goind to reuse the biometrics and set up an interviw, all that in the same notice If i am not mistaking ..

18 hours ago, Chrisfer77 said:

Essentially, yes. I saw the update for interview on the site Wednesday. It stated there would be a document for it within the next couple of days. The next morning both documents for the interview and for the biometrics were uploaded. 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, cdherrera said:

Essentially, yes. I saw the update for interview on the site Wednesday. It stated there would be a document for it within the next couple of days. The next morning both documents for the interview and for the biometrics were uploaded. 

That is awesome news.It is awesome that they will reuse your biometrics and a couple of dates later they let you know that your interview has been scheduled ! :)  Looks like it depends where you fill your case, they handle the cases in different ways. Good luck and thanks for the info !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi , it’s been like this since July! There is no estimate time or any update it’s says it can take up to 72 hours since I created my account.

You successfully submitted your form

We are processing your form. It can take up to 72 hours for all of your case information to show on your home page.

I can’t see anything else ! 
is this normal?

help please 

0843A7F6-9D61-4EE9-932A-283D02866E0B.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Huh! That is kind of odd that your case's estimated completion is showing up for May 2021 but they are already interviewing you, I wouldn't complain tho. May be you will get approved right after your interview and by next May you will have been a citizen for months :D Thanks and good luck to you as well!

March 24, 2015: K1 petition mailed to Lewisville, TX via UPS

March 27, 2015: UPS tracking shows USCIS has received the petition

March 31, 2015: NOA1 notification received in email and text with USCIS receipt number (7 days after submitting the petition)

April 24, 2015: Case approved by USCIS (24 days after receiving NOA1)

May 1, 2015: NOA2 received in mail

May 14, 2015: Case getting processed at NVC

May 19, 2015: NVC processing done

May 24, 2015: Letter from NVC received (31 days after receiving NOA2) (case forwarded to consulate, interview location allotted)

May 25, 2015: I receive Packet 3 from United States Consulate General, Mumbai

May 28, 2015: Filled DS-160 form online, confirmation received and printed

June 1, 2015: Visa fees paid. Consular interview and OFC scheduled for 10 July, 2015

June 15, 2015: Medical examination

July 10, 2015: Visa interview at Mumbai Consulate. Visa approved!!

July 11, 13, 15, 2015: Case status on caec changed to 'Ready' on each mentioned date and case creation dates updated on each mentioned date
July 16, 2015: Case creation date updated, case status changed to 'Administrative Processing'
July 17, 2015: Case status updated to 'Issued' passport dispatched through BlueDart, DHL

July 20, 2015: Received passport with my visa on it and a sealed yellow envelope

September 2, 2015: POE Orlando, Florida

September 17, 2015: Courthouse marriage. We're married!

October 8, 2015: AOS, EAD and AP application submitted via UPS

October 19, 2015: NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP received in mail

October 24, 2015: Civil marriage with families present. We're married, again!

October 27, 2015: Biometric notice received in mail

November 2, 2015: Biometrics done (walk-in at Orlando center) and RFE received in email for GC appliaction

January 7, 2016: EAD, AP approved (91 days after submitting the AOS application)

March 11, 2016: GC approved

May 6, 2020: Filed N400 online

May 7, 2020: Online receipt confirming USCIS received my case for N400 online (hard copy received in mail)

August 7, 2020: Online notification of biometrics reuse (hard copy received in mail)

August 14, 2020: Online notification for interview appointment (hard copy received in mail)

September 23, 2020: Naturalization interview, case approved, took oath, and just like that I am now a citizen of the United States!

On 9/16/2020 at 4:11 PM, vkbruh1114 said:

Anyone here from the Baltimore Washington DC area hear any progress beyond Application received on May 08, 2020., Check encashed. 

Nothing after that. ROC is approved on May 12th 2020. Initial completion time was April 2021, now it's moved to May 2021.

We're in DC and in the same situation. We filed my husband's N-400 application on May 21 and have heard nothing since then. N-400 completion date was initially estimated to be January 2021, then delayed to December 2021, which is the longest delay I've seen on this forum. The check was cashed, but no biometrics letter or other info. 

I-751 was filed in April 2019 and is still processing; we've been stuck at "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" since May 13.The 18-month extension for the i-751 expires in late January 2021, so will start calling USCIS in October or November if there's no movement on either case by then. 

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

[Day 000] May 18, 2020: Naturalization package accepted by USCIS

[Day 268] February 10, 2021: Interview scheduled

[Day 305 ] March 19, 2021: Approved!

[Day 309 ] March 23, 2021: Oath ceremony

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] April 29, 2019: ROC package accepted by USCIS

[Day 036] June 4, 2019: Biometrics taken at USCIS center in VA

[Day 330] March 24, 2020: Case transferred to NBC to ease case backlog at EAC

[Day 380 ] May 13, 2020: Online status updated to "interview ready to be scheduled" 

[Day 690] March 19, 2021: Approved during combo interview

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] March 8, 2016: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package to Chicago lockbox

[Day 035] April 12, 2016: Biometrics appointment

[Day 052] April 29, 2016: Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

[Day 412] April 25, 2017: EAD/AP renewal documents approved; received card in hand first week of May

[Day 470] June 22, 2017: Received RFE for five items with 84 days to respond 

[Day 477] June 29, 2017: Second medical due to the case pending for more than one year 

[Day 505]: July 27, 2017: GREEN CARD APPLICATION WAS APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!!!

[Day 554]: September 14, 2017: Green card arrived in the mail and brought our 18-month AOS journey to an end

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Fall 2005: Met as students at university

July 2015: Got engaged

September 12, 2015: Mailed K-1 Visa Petition to Lewisville Lockbox

September 16, 2015: NOA1 Received (Electronic Notice)

October 2, 2015: NOA2 (Electronic Notice)

October 23, 2015: Approved I-129F Received by NVC and Assigned Case Number

October 29, 2015: Petition documents arrived at AIT in Taipei

November 2, 2015: Received Packet 3 from AIT via email

November 10, 2015: Medical appointment

November 23, 2015: Visa interview

November 27, 2015: VISA APPROVED!!

February 1, 2016: POE in Minneapolis

February 6, 2016: Married!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.