1,612 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
8 hours ago, eddie90 said:

Guys, finally  my status changed to “Ready to be scheduled for interview” from Fingerprints were updated after 1 year. I hope they will schedule interview soon. 

Awesome news Eddie!!! Did you do anything specific?

3 hours ago, Ally&Axel said:

Awesome news Eddie!!! Did you do anything specific?

Nope, was planning to submit an inquiry  to ombudsman on Monday but it got changed today. However, I did submit FOIA request last month to see what’s happening with my case. Let’s see how long they are gonna take to schedule the interview in Houston office. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, eddie90 said:

Nope, was planning to submit an inquiry  to ombudsman on Monday but it got changed today. However, I did submit FOIA request last month to see what’s happening with my case. Let’s see how long they are gonna take to schedule the interview in Houston office. 

FOIA good advice!! I didn’t think about that. What did you learn from that inquiry?

i feel like you should be scheduled soon now since your PD is so long ago.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
On 11/3/2021 at 11:23 AM, Pat B said:

I just called USCIS and the officer told me that my application is in the final stages before being approved, too. I just hope and pray our cases will be approved and get our cards soon. 🙏🏻 

Anyone on here who have gotten their EAD/AP renewal approved? How long did it take?

Wondering if the people waiting are the exception or the norm? I submitted my renewal August 13th thinking a renewal EAD renewal shouldn't be too complicated. Now I am wondering if I have to worry about USCIS not approving it before my 180-day extension ends March 2, 2022!

Concurrent I-485/I-130/I-765/I-131 Filing (married to USC spouse):

2/23/2020: Sent in application via FedEx (following rules before new Public Charge rule) 

2/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL
3/13/2020: Packaged received in return and rejected due to "outdated forms"
3/24/2020: Refiled application with new forms including I-944
3/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL (received by Harper)

4/13/2020: Received 4 late-night texts with case numbers
4/14/2020: Application fee withdrawn from my bank account

4/17/2020: Received hard copies of Receipt NOAs (I-797Cs)
4/17/2020: Requested EAD expedite
4/20/2020: EAD expedite request denied: Case in "in suspense or on hold until we receive your biometrics" +  did not provide evidence of "extreme emergent need"
8/1/2020: Received biometrics appointment notice (for I-485 and I-765)
8/11/2020: Biometrics appointment at the ASC in Sacramento, CA

8/12/2020: Online case status for I-485 and I-765 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/17/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/18/2020: Online case status for I-485 updated to "we are ready to schedule your ... for an interview"

9/4/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "New card is being produced"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Case was approved"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "Case was approved"
9/10/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Card was mailed to me"

9/12/2020: Received I-797 Notice of Action (approval notice) for I-765 and I-131
9/14/2020: Received my combo EAD card (work authorization and advanced parole)
8/13/2021: Filed renewal application for both I-131 and I-765
11/9/2021: Filed expedite request for both I-131 due to sick father in Norway
12/15/2021: Received email from USCIS for supportive documents (after multiple calls)
12/17/2021: Sent in supportive documents (letter from doctor, hospital appointment notices ++)
12/22/2021: Status changed to "card being produced" (letter on MyUSCIS.com confirms this will be a combo card)

15 minutes ago, David_Norway said:

Anyone on here who have gotten their EAD/AP renewal approved? How long did it take?

Wondering if the people waiting are the exception or the norm? I submitted my renewal August 13th thinking a renewal EAD renewal shouldn't be too complicated. Now I am wondering if I have to worry about USCIS not approving it before my 180-day extension ends March 2, 2022!

I really don’t know what’s going on right now with USCIS. I renewed mine back in March and still haven’t received a new work authorization card. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Pat B said:

I really don’t know what’s going on right now with USCIS. I renewed mine back in March and still haven’t received a new work authorization card. 

Yeah, really worrisome! The easiest for USCIS to do would be to just make an announcement changing the 180-day extension to a 360-day extension. What they should do if they can't process the renewals in a timely fashion.

Did you try to submit an expedite request as well? (In addition to congressmen, ombudsman, etc.)

2/23/2020: Sent in application via FedEx (following rules before new Public Charge rule) 

4/20/2020: EAD expedite request denied: Case in "in suspense or on hold until we receive your biometrics" +  did not provide evidence of "extreme emergent need"

8/12/2020: Online case status for I-485 and I-765 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/17/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/18/2020: Online case status for I-485 updated to "we are ready to schedule your ... for an interview"

9/12/2020: Received I-797 Notice of Action (approval notice) for I-765 and I-131
12/15/2021: Received email from USCIS for supportive documents (after multiple calls)
12/17/2021: Sent in supportive documents (letter from doctor, hospital appointment notices ++)
12/22/2021: Status changed to "card being produced" (letter on MyUSCIS.com confirms this will be a combo card)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 hours ago, David_Norway said:

Yeah, really worrisome! The easiest for USCIS to do would be to just make an announcement changing the 180-day extension to a 360-day extension. What they should do if they can't process the renewals in a timely fashion.

Did you try to submit an expedite request as well? (In addition to congressmen, ombudsman, etc.)

This has been a source of frustration for us as well. My husband filed for his renewal in May and his extension also expires next March.

He was given an “IOE” case number and shortly after receiving his NOA1 for the renewal, he received another letter from USCIS informing him that they would re-use the biometrics they took last year. From what I read on VJ, IOE cases with re-used biometrics typically only take 2-3 months to process, so I honestly don’t know what made our case different. 😕

Edited by PatSquared

Timeline
7 hours ago, PatSquared said:

This has been a source of frustration for us as well. My husband filed for his renewal in May and his extension also expires next March.

He was given an “IOE” case number and shortly after receiving his NOA1 for the renewal, he received another letter from USCIS informing him that they would re-use the biometrics they took last year. From what I read on VJ, IOE cases with re-used biometrics typically only take 2-3 months to process, so I honestly don’t know what made our case different. 😕

Yeah, I also go the re-used biometrics letter. I would hope that a renewal is quicker than a new application, but that might be too much to hope for when talking about USCIS. I also got an "IOE" number.

Have you heard of people in our group (March 2020 - June 2020 AOS filers) who have gotten their renewed EAD in 2-3 months? Would love to hear about some good stories too!

This is a great site for seeing how EADs are getting approved: https://opttimeline.com/IOE

On 11/6/2021 at 1:39 PM, Ally&Axel said:

FOIA good advice!! I didn’t think about that. What did you learn from that inquiry?

i feel like you should be scheduled soon now since your PD is so long ago.

Well I was researching some options such as contacting congressman, senators and writ of mandamus and then while researching writ of mandamus I read that lawyer submit FOIA request to see what’s happening with the case. So that’s why I decided to apply it online.
My FOIA shows nothing except my filled forms which means they haven’t done anything on my case since April 2020. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, David_Norway said:

Yeah, I also go the re-used biometrics letter. I would hope that a renewal is quicker than a new application, but that might be too much to hope for when talking about USCIS. I also got an "IOE" number.

Have you heard of people in our group (March 2020 - June 2020 AOS filers) who have gotten their renewed EAD in 2-3 months? Would love to hear about some good stories too!

This is a great site for seeing how EADs are getting approved: https://opttimeline.com/IOE

Too much to hope for indeed. And yes - I was lurking in one of the Dallas field office groups and saw that several people who filed for AOS within that timeframe have either already gotten interviewed or got their renewed EAD’s within the expected 2-3 month range. So my husband and I are left scratching our heads!

Thank you for sharing this link! Was looking at the range of cases that have been approved and there is quite a wide range - our case number falls in it, so I have no clue what is causing the hold-up!

Timeline

Hi guys,

i hope I can bring a bit of positive energy to you today.

i woke up this morning with a lawfully notification that my case was ready to be scheduled for an interview.

i checked on Uscis and it in fact changed. I am not sure what helped but my recent congressman inquiry recently came back with a generic “can’t do anything” type of answer.

i also talked to a tier 2 officer a few weeks ago and was asking for an info pass appointment at my local FO, she said this wouldn’t do anything but she would send a request to my local fo for them to ask nbc what was going on.

so that’s where I’m at, hopefully I get an interview soon. 
I’m not sure if my case was actually transferred to San Antonio so hopefully once I get the interview I won’t have to wait for month for the GC.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ally&Axel said:

Hi guys,

i woke up this morning with a lawfully notification that my case was ready to be scheduled for an interview.

i checked on Uscis and it in fact changed. I am not sure what helped but my recent congressman inquiry recently came back with a generic “can’t do anything” type of answer.

i also talked to a tier 2 officer a few weeks ago and was asking for an info pass appointment at my local FO, she said this wouldn’t do anything but she would send a request to my local fo for them to ask nbc what was going on.

I’m not sure if my case was actually transferred to San Antonio so hopefully once I get the interview I won’t have to wait for month for the GC.

This is encouraging news, @Ally&Axel! So happy for you. I hope that a date is set for you soon!

It seems like more and more people are starting to get updates. I wish we knew what triggers a response - whether it’s sending additional inquiries via congressmen, senators, etc or if it just means that our files are finally getting unearthed from that vault you had mentioned a while back.

Timeline
54 minutes ago, PatSquared said:

This is encouraging news, @Ally&Axel! So happy for you. I hope that a date is set for you soon!

It seems like more and more people are starting to get updates. I wish we knew what triggers a response - whether it’s sending additional inquiries via congressmen, senators, etc or if it just means that our files are finally getting unearthed from that vault you had mentioned a while back.

Thank you :)

i hope for you too that things start moving. My only thing is that I’m not sure if they actually sent my packet to my field office or if they’re actually just scheduling my interview soon but without having my file in hands. So in other words, once I’ll do the interview they might not be able to produce the card right away if they don’t have my file.

this is just me speculating, I have done a lot of that in this 18 months process so far.

6 hours ago, Ally&Axel said:

Hi guys,

Hey congratulations. I hope your interview is scheduled soon or hopefully before 2022. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.